Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Post by One Drew Remains »

Awesome news. We need another live release. Glad they got 4 from Fortress on there.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

I heard they were recording every show in the UK for a DVD/CD release next year. Would be very nice if they mixed it up and included all The Last Hero songs they have played so far. Looks to me that they have settled on 8 from that album that they are gonna be mixing around for the tour. Though I am still hopeful they try out more as the tour progresses. This Side of Fate deserves to have at least one live play through, as does Cradle.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

I remember an Amsterdam and Milan recording of the same tour that never saw the light of day......

mikeyd23
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mikeyd23 »

The Plotblocker wrote:I heard they were recording every show in the UK for a DVD/CD release next year. Would be very nice if they mixed it up and included all The Last Hero songs they have played so far. Looks to me that they have settled on 8 from that album that they are gonna be mixing around for the tour. Though I am still hopeful they try out more as the tour progresses. This Side of Fate deserves to have at least one live play through, as does Cradle.
For me, this would be ideal. Continue to mix new songs in, and record everything. At the end of the tour, pick the best performances of the songs, and put together a live compilation.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Saw Tim say on Facebook that they had something cool in the works. Hopeful for some new live footage throughout the European tour.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

fix wrote:I remember an Amsterdam and Milan recording of the same tour that never saw the light of day......
:shrug:
Last edited by RoelSmoel on Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

RoelSmoel wrote:
fix wrote:I remember an Amsterdam and Milan recording of the same tour that never saw the light of day......
That's something DC3 decided from one side - their side. AB never agreed with filming the whole thing AND bringing it out as a DVD.
You remember that trailer? Live in Milan - out in June? That's something DC3 made without any agreement from AB.
Well that sucks... Remember some statement that they didn't want it released, but since they announced it themselfs at the show I would have thought they were onboard.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Caught the guys 3 times this week. Been busy

Hope everyone caught/enjoyed my live streams from those shows!

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

Jim wrote:Caught the guys 3 times this week. Been busy

Are you putting the ones on on Facebook Live under the official account or is that Tim?

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

That must have been amazing, thanks Jim!

Any overall reviews or stories you'd like to share?

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

PRS10Top wrote:

Are you putting the ones on on Facebook Live under the official account or is that Tim?
That's Tim. I'm doing the TABN Facebook page uploads
WaywardOne wrote:

That must have been amazing, thanks Jim!

Any overall reviews or stories you'd like to share?
Ermm it would be quite lengthy if I were to do so, and nobody wants to read that drivel

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Saw the Manchester one if that was yours, Jimbo. Enjoyed it.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

rireland wrote:Haven't looked through the pages but Mark gave away a guitar or two! Does he normally do that?!

Can see one here at the beginning of Blackbird, and pretty sure he did it after Rise Today

Really good gig though. There were signs they were filming so here's hoping another Blu-Ray is in the works... (I saw them at Wembley but the year they didn't record it) :)
I am really happy about the London vids, Myles finally bothered about using his low register. Sadly you can hear out of his voice that he gets older, just compare it to the Amsterdam performance. Still this one and the video of CoA kinda reduced my doubts regarding Myles and his voice. Because I have to admit, that many of the stuff he pulled off in the post ABIII era were not really convincing for me.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Ubik wrote:Entertained that the line Myles keeps forgetting in Island of Fools is the title.
It's really quite fitting though, right? :lol
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Buffon
Bought The CDs

Post by Buffon »

AB23 wrote:Was everyone expecting every unbiased review to be positive or am I missing something
It's pretty funny, actually. It's a three-star review with plenty of praise in between the criticism.

Not sure if some people just want every site out there to rub one out over everything Alter Bridge *coughWhatCulturecough*
Mr. Slash wrote:
rireland wrote:Haven't looked through the pages but Mark gave away a guitar or two! Does he normally do that?!

Can see one here at the beginning of Blackbird, and pretty sure he did it after Rise Today

Really good gig though. There were signs they were filming so here's hoping another Blu-Ray is in the works... (I saw them at Wembley but the year they didn't record it) :)
I am really happy about the London vids, Myles finally bothered about using his low register. Sadly you can hear out of his voice that he gets older, just compare it to the Amsterdam performance. Still this one and the video of CoA kinda reduced my doubts regarding Myles and his voice. Because I have to admit, that many of the stuff he pulled off in the post ABIII era were not really convincing for me.
Yeah, the AB III tour was a bit of an off spell for Myles: a bit too shrill, and too much talking instead of singing, he seemed a bit worn out by the end as seen on the Wembley DVD.

But I'd say he's been at more or less peak levels since the Fortress tour. His vocals lately have been at least as impressive as the Amsterdam performance, and the band's performance as a whole has actually been miles better. They actually play the songs at the right tempo now, whereas it was a bit too quick on the Amsterdam DVD and an absolute joke at Wembley.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

Haha playing along with Live in Amsterdam and then switch to the album version, especially White Knuckles, always makes me giggle.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

You guys watching the live stream on AB Facebook right now?
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Am watching.

Edit: Aaaand it's gone.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

Glasgow was all round good show!

Like a storm were decent openers!
Gojira were good musicians but defo not to my taste and didn't really fit in with the other bands
Volbeat were ok too, they had a decent following in the crowd but again not to my taste!
Alter bridge were immense, a few snags with the sound...myles hopping from different microphones and mark guitar lead falling out but apart from that was good, myles vocally sounded great espically on watch over you...prob the most I've seen them switching sides on the stage which was good, myles was mostly positioned on the left of the stage were Brian normally stands, not sure if that's just for this tour but myles when I've seen stands in the middle

No surpirses with the set...the other side, crows, you will be remembered, show me a leader and writings on the wall

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

benjoAB wrote:"myles hopping from different microphones and mark guitar lead falling out but apart from that was good, myles vocally sounded great espically on watch over you...prob the most I've seen them switching sides on the stage which was good, myles was mostly positioned on the left of the stage were Brian normally stands, not sure if that's just for this tour but myles when I've seen stands in the middle"
He's been doing that since the first leg of the Fortress tour. Seems that his hearing doesn't get smashed by Flip his drums when he's standing on the left.