Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
rireland
Bought The CDs

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Post by rireland »

So at the O2 gig there were signs that they were filming. Did the record any other shows and we'll just see the odd shot in a live music video? or were they making another Blu-Ray?

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

rireland wrote:So at the O2 gig there were signs that they were filming. Did the record any other shows and we'll just see the odd shot in a live music video? or were they making another Blu-Ray?
Yeah, I was wondering that to, due to the screens only being on for them. But usually Myles says something if they are filming. Just ahve to wait and see.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Those cameras are probably for the side screens they're using in arenas now.

But you never know of course!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Krissie
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Krissie »

Crowd singing Happy Birthday to Myles :)

I know how he feels, birthdays used to be fun and partying, nowadays is more like *shit, I just got a year older*. :lol

mpurgar
Brand New Start

Post by mpurgar »

Hey guys,

I'll be going to Munich next Saturday for the Meet&Greet and also to see the show afterwards.

As I'm not from Germany, I won't have constant internet access during my stay there, and since I'm going next week I'm a bit worried still not receiving any info for the Meet&Greet.

I tried contacting Tim Tournier on facebook yesterday morning but to no avail, I figure the message got filtered. Does anyone have any info?

Thanks!

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

mpurgar wrote:Hey guys,

I'll be going to Munich next Saturday for the Meet&Greet and also to see the show afterwards.

As I'm not from Germany, I won't have constant internet access during my stay there, and since I'm going next week I'm a bit worried still not receiving any info for the Meet&Greet.

I tried contacting Tim Tournier on facebook yesterday morning but to no avail, I figure the message got filtered. Does anyone have any info?

Thanks!
Tim gets hundreds of messages daily. All this tour it's been meeting up at about 15:00 at the venue. You'll find others there as well. Don't forget to bring an ID and to bring the order confirmation.
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

"At their worst however, they just about sit on the right side of tolerable, such as on the mawkish, overly-sentimental Watch Over You or the plodding stomp of Waters Rising."
"It’s this straddling of the middle-of-the-road that is Alter Bridge’s biggest problem; they’re a band that it’s difficult to believe anyone could ever be truly passionate about or blown away by."
"If, however, you demand something challenging, visceral, spectacular, life-affirming and unique, well, I hear rumours that Gojira are touring next year."

This guy is either trolling or the biggest dumbass who's ever traveled the broad expanses of the internet.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

"Mark Tremonti’s riffs, whilst maybe not particularly iconic or instantly recognisable as being uniquely ‘Tremonti-esque’, certainly pack heft and punch........"
Is this guy for fucking real??? Get the distinct feeling he is not a fan at all. Though he did praise Myles momentarily, so I guess that's something. The Independent rarely review rock and metal positively, I am surprised he had good things to say about Gojira tbh, who ironically sounded shit on the night, and to be perfectly honest, are just not that good overall, despite what the hype may say.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Still three stars. Looking on the bright side here :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

The Plotblocker wrote: I am surprised he had good things to say about Gojira tbh, who ironically sounded shit on the night, and to be perfectly honest, are just not that good overall, despite what the hype may say.
One of my favourite bands besides AB. Gojira had the chance to turn into my next obsession with their last album but it fell short a lot, for me anyways. I love all other albums to death though, especially From Mars To Sirius. Looking forward to seeing them in Cologne.

And that review is bs obviously. It is however how a lot of people feel about AB, which is a shame.

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

I saw that theyve been playing Crows. Havent seen any videos yet. How is Myles doing with the highs and his solo?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Kreuger33 wrote:I saw that theyve been playing Crows. Havent seen any videos yet. How is Myles doing with the highs and his solo?
Page 12 of this thread is what you're looking for.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Was everyone expecting every unbiased review to be positive or am I missing something

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Today's set in Cardiff. I hear this show is being recorded for a Live album. Not bad, 5 songs from The Last Hero and the usual tracks.

The Writing on the Wall
Come to Life
Addicted to Pain
Poison in Your Veins
Ghost of Days Gone By
Cry of Achilles
The Other Side
Farther Than the Sun
My Champion
Ties That Bind
Waters Rising
Watch Over You
Isolation
Blackbird
Metalingus
Open Your Eyes

Show Me a Leader
Rise Today

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

anguyen92 wrote:Today's set in Cardiff. I hear this show is being recorded for a Live album. Not bad, 5 songs from The Last Hero and the usual tracks.
Yeah, someone came out just before AB and asked everyone to cheer their loudest and be on top form basically. Then Myles mentioned it just before 'Watch Over You' if I remember right. As a Welsh fellow the thought of a 'Live in Cardiff' CD sounds cool :)

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Page 12 of this thread is what you're looking for.
Thank you sir. But I meant I haven't watched them yet and was just hoping someone could give me a bit of info before I get home and do so.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

CD or DVD?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Both I hope ! Nice little boxset................ bonus disc with remaining ODR tracks and some acoustics perhaps.

SedyBenoitPeace
Brand New Start

Post by SedyBenoitPeace »

I read on Facebook that they recorded also other shows here in Europe...maybe they're working to a "Live In Europe"? Would be amazing :)