Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, here's an interesting twist. Corey Glover, singer for Living Colour, is singing Hallelujah with Myles in Copenhagen.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

In the meantime Flip is having the weirdest boner backstage.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

cajmoyper
Bought The CDs

Post by cajmoyper »

DCooper727 wrote:I know I'm not the only one that this bothers, but I seriously cannot stand when people assume that Mark plays every solo and just focuses the camera on him when the sound is clearly not matching the movement of his hand. I really, really wanted to see Myles play his TLH solo and the person filming totally derped out and only filmed Myles play like half of it. :(

Anyway, that is a hell of a song to play live, and I hope they keep it in the setlist.
The truest truth I've ever seen. On these boards anyway. I'm a drummer myself, don't really know a God damn thing about guitar. But I knew from the second I heard Myles play his BB solo that it was him having heard he would start playing guitar. It's not all that difficult to tell their styles apart. Though they are both starting to rub off on each other.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

You can also literally see them doing it. It's like filming the bassist while Michael Jackson's moonwalking.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

Copenhagen set list...

Writings
Come to life
Addicted
Ghosts
Achilles
Wings
Champion
Ties
Waters
Island of fools
Hallelujah
Watch over you
Isolation
Blackbird
Metalingus
Open your eyes

Show me a leader
Rise today

mpurgar
Brand New Start

Post by mpurgar »

benjoAB wrote:Copenhagen set list...

Writings
Come to life
Addicted
Ghosts
Achilles
Wings
Champion
Ties
Waters
Island of fools
Hallelujah
Watch over you
Isolation
Blackbird
Metalingus
Open your eyes

Show me a leader
Rise today

Does anyone know why we still haven't seen This side of fate live? I really hope they're going to play it in Munich on Dec. 10th.

DCooper727
TABN.com Citizen

Post by DCooper727 »

cajmoyper wrote:
DCooper727 wrote:I know I'm not the only one that this bothers, but I seriously cannot stand when people assume that Mark plays every solo and just focuses the camera on him when the sound is clearly not matching the movement of his hand. I really, really wanted to see Myles play his TLH solo and the person filming totally derped out and only filmed Myles play like half of it. :(

Anyway, that is a hell of a song to play live, and I hope they keep it in the setlist.
The truest truth I've ever seen. On these boards anyway. I'm a drummer myself, don't really know a God damn thing about guitar. But I knew from the second I heard Myles play his BB solo that it was him having heard he would start playing guitar. It's not all that difficult to tell their styles apart. Though they are both starting to rub off on each other.
This used to be 100% true until this album dropped. Myles' style changed a lot, and his parts are a lot more technical/shreddy than they used to be, whereas Mark's playing is a lot more loose and less thought out than before. Myles was truly the MVP of the record, at least IMO, and honestly, he blew me away with the parts that he wrote. His solo on TLH sounds like a Petrucci solo, which really surprised me, and his Island of Fools riff was stupendous. Dude is a monster, and I felt he really put Mark to shame on the whole album. I just wish more people know how fucking badass he is on guitar. IIRC, Mark flat out said that Myles wrote like 90% of the title track and that he just couldn't keep up with him, which is pretty insane if you think about. In my opinion, TLH is the best track on the album and it's also probably their most technical track to date, and Myles wrote almost all of it. Makes me kind of wish for a more Myles led band, at least guitar wise. I've always hoped that they'd take the final big step into full prog rock/metal territory and the title track is as close as they've come, IMO. They excel at the more technical tracks and that alone makes their super straightforward tracks seem dull by comparison. That's one reason why the album as a whole disappointed me greatly.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Came back to this thread to see a KILLER first performance of TLH, a guest appearance by Living Color, and a setlist with Hallelujah on it... Good day!

Also, can we please talk about them playing Hallelujah???? Dying to see this.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

benjoAB wrote:Copenhagen set list...

Writings
Come to life
Addicted
Ghosts
Achilles
Wings
Champion
Ties
Waters
Island of fools
Hallelujah
Watch over you
Isolation
Blackbird
Metalingus
Open your eyes

Show me a leader
Rise today
Pretty good set, especially with the return of IoF. Though they do need to have more TLH songs in there still.
anguyen92 wrote:Well, here's an interesting twist. Corey Glover, singer for Living Colour, is singing Hallelujah with Myles in Copenhagen.

Called it! Not as a duet mind, but when Mr. Cohen Passed I had a strong feeling Myles would do Hallelujah at least once as a tribute. Not a fan of the other guys voice at all though, so won't be looking out for this one. Maybe Myles will do it solo another night.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

cajmoyper
Bought The CDs

Post by cajmoyper »

DCooper727 wrote:
cajmoyper wrote:

This used to be 100% true until this album dropped. Myles' style changed a lot, and his parts are a lot more technical/shreddy than they used to be, whereas Mark's playing is a lot more loose and less thought out than before. Myles was truly the MVP of the record, at least IMO, and honestly, he blew me away with the parts that he wrote. His solo on TLH sounds like a Petrucci solo, which really surprised me, and his Island of Fools riff was stupendous. Dude is a monster, and I felt he really put Mark to shame on the whole album. I just wish more people know how fucking badass he is on guitar. IIRC, Mark flat out said that Myles wrote like 90% of the title track and that he just couldn't keep up with him, which is pretty insane if you think about. In my opinion, TLH is the best track on the album and it's also probably their most technical track to date, and Myles wrote almost all of it. Makes me kind of wish for a more Myles led band, at least guitar wise. I've always hoped that they'd take the final big step into full prog rock/metal territory and the title track is as close as they've come, IMO. They excel at the more technical tracks and that alone makes their super straightforward tracks seem dull by comparison. That's one reason why the album as a whole disappointed me greatly.
I agree with much of what you say but not all. Tremonster's riffing is a huge draw for me toward this band. And while it is true Myles, as far as we know, is mostly responsible for TLH, the rest of the album is mostly Mark. Either way, these are two of the prime songwriters in today's musical landscape and I'm proud to have them both in one band.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I wonder if Mark is spreading his riffs and leads too thin. Glad Myles was there to step it up this record.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

TLH is a damn good fucking song.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Absolutely. One of their best.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

To be honest, that live premiere seemed a bit underwhelming. Maybe it was the dodgy camera work and sound quality but I'm not sure.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

AB23 wrote:TLH is a damn good fucking song.
Seriously happy that you enjoy at least one song from the record.

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

Image :yes

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It seems like they're settling on 4 TLH songs.
Myles keeps saying in his lyrics that you need to believe in yourself, but they don't seem to believe in thesmelves since they always give up on their new material fairly quickly. This trend's been going on for too long, and it's a shame.

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

They ditched two songs last night for Hallelujah. No need to worry.

mikeyd23
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mikeyd23 »

chtimixeur wrote:It seems like they're settling on 4 TLH songs.
Myles keeps saying in his lyrics that you need to believe in yourself, but they don't seem to believe in thesmelves since they always give up on their new material fairly quickly. This trend's been going on for too long, and it's a shame.
Yeah, hopefully 4 songs from TLH does not become the normal...

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

mikeyd23 wrote:
chtimixeur wrote:It seems like they're settling on 4 TLH songs.
Yeah, hopefully 4 songs from TLH does not become the normal...
its not.. they made room to pay tribute to mr Cohen. they should have at least 5 on any gig forward...
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013