Island Of Fools is officially the best song on The Last Hero

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Buffon
Bought The CDs

Re: Island Of Fools is officially the best song on The Last Hero

Post by Buffon »

What a weirdo :headscratch

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

Buffon wrote:What a weirdo :headscratch
Oh so now we are sinking to person insults? Nice. I expect that kinda childish BS in pop forums, but not in a rock/metal related one. :slam

We are better than that, surely.......
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

They piece together a lot of their songs like Frankenstein's monster anyway, they shouldn't be too surprised if some fans occasionally think "no, the arm should go THERE". Although it's slightly ironic, as Island of Fools sounds like one of their most cohesive songs to me :lol
For all of the hope that it brings...

FlyingMonkey97
Bought The CDs

Post by FlyingMonkey97 »

fix wrote:Not sure if sharing it with other people over dropbox is what you call 'legal', but who am I to judge. ;)

I think the original is perfect. But if you want another chorus, you can add another chorus and listen to that. Who cares! :)
I only made a version with an extra chorus because it seemed there was interest for it. I like the original better, and the altered edition will likely stay in protools and not get played very often. The original is definitely amazing!

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

Yeah, let me clarify that Island of Fools is one of my favorite AB songs of ever. I hate the mix, but that's album-wide. I was simply left wanting more. I feel a final chorus completes it. It's unfortunate we're only left with the material that we have so it can't get that kind of light of day, but what are ya gonna do.

The only insult I would make to the song is the mix, though. Call it an insult on Baskette or the guys of Alter Bridge, but my opinion stands as is. I can never make the music that they do, nor could I perform it as well. If that's what people want to hear, I'm more than happy to acknowledge those facts. But for me to not be allowed to have a constructive opinion (which often means a suggestion on how I feel something can be improved) is not the reason I registered to this site. The post in response to mine was exactly why I said I am done. I mean, look at the thread we are in. What, is this a canonized fact? Whatever. The very first part of my post said: "This may just be me, but..." and I offered my little piece.

My aim was not to make a straw man argument whatsoever. If I can't offer a voice on here, then I'm not going to post on here. Good luck ever getting me to ship any more AB albums over to the UK for guys on here, or post pictures of items upon people's requests.

Buffon
Bought The CDs

Post by Buffon »

The Plotblocker wrote:
Oh so now we are sinking to person insults? Nice. I expect that kinda childish BS in pop forums, but not in a rock/metal related one. :slam

Is calling you a weirdo more or less insulting than shamelessly fucking with Alter Bridge's song, though?

That's the question, surely........

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Guys, stop.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Buffon wrote:
The Plotblocker wrote:

Is calling you a weirdo more or less insulting than shamelessly fucking with Alter Bridge's song, though?

:lol Fair point.

Yeah I think this has gone far enough tbh. I said my piece, and was not expecting everyone to agree with it. Just how I feel.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Honestly, do not bash someone just for experimenting w a song like that. He didnt say "this is how it should be, my idea is better and their's is worse," he just wanted to try something and if you have to stoop so low as to insult them for that bc you dont like it or think it'll hurt the bands feelings, well then I think you need to check yourself.
Thanks Timo!

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Buffon wrote:
The Plotblocker wrote:

This is bullshit. People do covers, samples, remixes, mash-ups and re-arrangements all the time on thousands upon thousands of songs. It's called artistic licence. It's not insulting at all.

AB are just people like us. They are not infallible song writing gods and their songs are not immutable scripture. If you release something to the public domain then you've got to expect people to do all of those previously mentioned things. There's nothing you can do to stop it unless they are making money off of your efforts.

If you'd feel that way I suggest you never release a song because criticism and re-arrangement comes back to you in spades mate. That comes from personal experience too.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

austinjhnsn wrote:Honestly, do not bash someone just for experimenting w a song like that. He didnt say "this is how it should be, my idea is better and their's is worse," he just wanted to try something and if you have to stoop so low as to insult them for that bc you dont like it or think it'll hurt the bands feelings, well then I think you need to check yourself.
ROTF!! Dude 1993 called, they want there slang back. Pfft. I said I was done. Move on.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Lol alright guy
Thanks Timo!

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

The most overrated song AB has put out. The band members themselves don't think it's their best work on the album and I agree fully.
PHOTOSHOPPING IS FOR SCHMUCKS

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

The band also decided that New Way to Live wasn't worth putting on Blackbird, and Break Me Down was. Infallible they aren't.
For all of the hope that it brings...

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Ubik wrote:The band also decided that New Way to Live wasn't worth putting on Blackbird, and Break Me Down was. Infallible they aren't.
Both New Way to Live and Damage Done would have made great songs on the Blackbird album. Easily their best B-sides, and probably shouldn't have even been B-sides.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I think hearing songs in their fully completed state for the first time versus going through the process of writing and recording a song from the ground up gives two different perspectives as well. There are a lot of reasons that go into why an artist likes or dislikes certain songs.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.