Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Post by gbruin »

What are they doing instead?
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

We got no idea. Someone should try to ask Tim for some info or "hints" on Facebook.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

On that note, I've been meaning to ask.... does Tim come around here anymore? He's always been such a great source of information but I don't remember seeing him post much since the whole Dust leak debacle.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

WaywardOne wrote:On that note, I've been meaning to ask.... does Tim come around here anymore? He's always been such a great source of information but I don't remember seeing him post much since the whole Dust leak debacle.
Haven't posted at all since then. I'm sure he does read some of these posts here, but after our reactions to the Dust leak (the same thing that happened regarding The Last Hero leak, where people felt like they are adamant to talk about leaked content even after the mods removed certain posts and have stated, numerous times, to not talk about any unreleased content until after the album is out), I don't blame him for posting here anymore.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I'm French, and I've never heard Alter Bridge on the radio.
They barely get any reviews in the media, and I highly doubt they can sell out an arena in this country.

Thomz87
Bought The CDs

Post by Thomz87 »

chtimixeur wrote:I'm French, and I've never heard Alter Bridge on the radio.
They barely get any reviews in the media, and I highly doubt they can sell out an arena in this country.
I am Swiss, and I am veeery curious about the show in Basel. The St.Jakobshalle ist big, very big! 30 Seconds To Mars played there, Linkin Park as well. I believe it can hold about 9'000 people, and AB gets no credit here as well regarding the radio stations. And no reviews either. I hope it will not be only 1/4 full. But I trust in the AB-fanbase in Switzerland :)

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

anguyen92 wrote:
WaywardOne wrote:On that note, I've been meaning to ask.... does Tim come around here anymore? He's always been such a great source of information but I don't remember seeing him post much since the whole Dust leak debacle.
Haven't posted at all since then. I'm sure he does read some of these posts here, but after our reactions to the Dust leak (the same thing that happened regarding The Last Hero leak, where people felt like they are adamant to talk about leaked content even after the mods removed certain posts and have stated, numerous times, to not talk about any unreleased content until after the album is out), I don't blame him for posting here anymore.
The regulars did everything they could to avoid the leak of TLH from spreading on this board. With Dust it just was unclear what was allowed and what was not and some members were asking a few questions because they were confused and then Tim came in with blazing guns, which some people didn't appreciate.

Stop making things look worse than they are. It was just a discussion.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

I think people overreacted on both sides, to be honest. That was a learning process for sure with how to manage leaks and how they're discussed here, but Tim definitely did come in guns a blazin. Here's to hoping we can reestablish that connection during the next album cycle!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Timotheus wrote:Stop making things look worse than they are. It was just a discussion.
I understand, I'm just still miffed about what happened and how it reflects us as a community and looking back at how we reacted to posts from Michael Tremonti and DC3 (now that one is justified since people want answers and they get justifiably very impatient and testy especially when they spend $250 on a product that people are very unclear on when is it getting delivered and stuff.) Now guys like Michael Tremonti and Tim Tournier, guys that used to post here and give great insight, they don't post here anymore.

I always appreciate their insight and do as much as possible to help the community maintain that connection. Felt like I failed in that role (especially when I did nothing, when I should have done something, during those rocky times).

Anywho, I'm done with this topic. Let's go ahead and rediscuss about the tour. So Paris show got cancelled. They said it was due to "circumstances beyond our control" or something like that. I wonder what's up. It can't be due to low ticket sales since they played this very venue a few times before and I hear nothing about low attendance in those ones.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

anguyen92 wrote: It can't be due to low ticket sales since they played this very venue a few times before and I hear nothing about low attendance in those ones.
wouldnt say that too fast. Most concerts in Paris aren't selling too great for November. Perhaps due to the 'anniversary' of the Bataclan shootings and people might be scared for copy cats?!

And the last Tremonti show in France (Strasbourg) didn't even have 100 ppl in attendance.
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I guess I wasn't posting much during the Dust leak. I had no idea Tim blew up. Sad.

On a lighter note, how many shows are you going to catch on this tour, Axlar?
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

TABN is obviously pretty close to the band. They maintain a good relationship, and IMO, the track by track review of the Last Hero was a bit too nice. I mean, aside from My Champion, every song got an 8/10 or more. I know we're fans, but if you look at the member reviews, there were a lot of concerns about this album.
The band should not always have its way, even though it's a fan site.
Now that's it's all said and done, I think we should have been allowed to talk about the album when it leaked, because we're not on the official Alter Bridge website. Do they actually think they can prevent a leak from spreading ? Hello, it's 2016, and more than ever, once something's out, everybody's gonna know about it. Very few people still go on message boards, and with twitter and Facebook, you'll instantly know when an album leaks.

If you give the band too much power, they'll abuse it, and that's exactly what Michael and Tim tried to do here. They forgot it wasn't their website. They acted like they were on the official Facebook page. But it isn't, and there was some backlash.
They can call us haters all they want, this community is the best thing they'll find on the Internet, because we tell it like it is. Now go on Youtube and AB's Facebook page, and try finding some constructive criticism... Good luck with that.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

It's their copywrited material. If a copywrite owner wants its material removed from any website at all, they have the legal right to pursue that. They're actually pretty nice by simply asking us to keep the talk of leaks off the site.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

There's no problem in telling us not to talk about the leaks. The problem was telling us we were thieves and saying we'd been put on a list.
For all of the hope that it brings...

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

One Drew Remains wrote:On a lighter note, how many shows are you going to catch on this tour, Axlar?
I'm lucky to be able to attend 8 shows. (Amsterdam, London, Cardiff, Glasgow, Frankfurt, Cologne, Munich and Basel)
"Sing it, Stijn!"

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Do you have a thought/prediction on how many of The Last Hero songs they are going to play?

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

anguyen92 wrote:^^ Do you have a thought/prediction on how many of The Last Hero songs they are going to play?
I've heard they're doing at least 4, not sure it will be correct though.. but that does match with sound checked songs during the US tour..
"Sing it, Stijn!"

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

That might spell the demise of BTC, then.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

mikeyd23
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mikeyd23 »

chtimixeur wrote: If you give the band too much power, they'll abuse it, and that's exactly what Michael and Tim tried to do here. They forgot it wasn't their website. They acted like they were on the official Facebook page. But it isn't, and there was some backlash.
They can call us haters all they want, this community is the best thing they'll find on the Internet, because we tell it like it is. Now go on Youtube and AB's Facebook page, and try finding some constructive criticism... Good luck with that.
Yeah, it's crazy that official representatives of the band wanted the band to have control over material owned under copyright law by the band. So weird they would want the law upheld... :lol

Seriously dude, the band should have power in that situation, because it's their music to control as they wish. It's their art and they, by law, have a right to distribute that art as they see fit.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

mikeyd23 wrote:
chtimixeur wrote: If you give the band too much power, they'll abuse it, and that's exactly what Michael and Tim tried to do here. They forgot it wasn't their website. They acted like they were on the official Facebook page. But it isn't, and there was some backlash.
Yeah, it's crazy that official representatives of the band wanted the band to have control over material owned under copyright law by the band. So weird they would want the law upheld... :lol

Seriously dude, the band should have power in that situation, because it's their music to control as they wish. It's their art and they, by law, have a right to distribute that art as they see fit.
Not the point. Mostly everybody on here accepted that they were not supposed to talk about leaks after the mods told us the band asked us not to.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.