Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
SamarthJoshi
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Post by SamarthJoshi »

Sorry if this has been posted before.

My Champion

My Champion(After the Screw up)

Show me a Leader( Intro actually played by Myles )

Crashie
Brand New Start

Post by Crashie »

I'm seeing them in Copenhagen. I'm really excited because last time I couldn't attend due to bad weather so they closed the bridge and the other time Myles became sick and they never returned.

Now is my time to shine. And great date aswell because the album has been out for 1 month and Im sure they will play some new tracks!

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

WHO'S THIS IDIOT
MILES KENNEDY
MILES!!!!!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

That version of SMAL was interesting because you could hear Mark's guitar really well.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Mark seems to have a new 7-string as well.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

Thomz87 wrote:
SchwiizVT12 wrote:I'll be at the Basel gig! It's been 8 years since I've seen the guys perform (as a unit anyway if excluding Myles with Slash two years ago and Creed back in '09 where I met Stijn for the first time), I can't wait. Not doing VIP though since I bought tickets for myself and my girlfriend and that alone set me back around $150...
Yep, same here. I will see them in Basel, very excited about it. It will be my 5th Alter Bridge show, and definitely not my last :) :rockon
Hey man would be cool if we were to run into each other at the show there! I know Stijn (axlar on here) will be at the show as well.

Thomz87
Bought The CDs

Post by Thomz87 »

SchwiizVT12 wrote:
Thomz87 wrote:
SchwiizVT12 wrote:I'll be at the Basel gig! It's been 8 years since I've seen the guys perform (as a unit anyway if excluding Myles with Slash two years ago and Creed back in '09 where I met Stijn for the first time), I can't wait. Not doing VIP though since I bought tickets for myself and my girlfriend and that alone set me back around $150...
Yep, same here. I will see them in Basel, very excited about it. It will be my 5th Alter Bridge show, and definitely not my last :) :rockon
Hey man would be cool if we were to run into each other at the show there! I know Stijn (axlar on here) will be at the show as well.
I'll be there with my girlfriend as well! And with her father and two friends of mine. Why not? Would be cool.

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

LIVING COLOUR ANNOUNCE 10 SHOWS IN EUROPE WITH ALTER BRIDGE IN NOVEMBER

WHO SHOT YA? Mixtape Out Now

Listen/Share New Video “WHO SHOT YA?”

Listen/Share “WHO SHOT YA?” Remix w/ Chuck D, Black Thought & more

Legendary Grammy Award-winning rock band Living Colour have announced a rescheduled European tour this November after being forced to cancel a tour with Glenn Hughes due to an unforeseen conflict. To not disappoint fans, they’ll join Alter Bridge, after being personally selected by the band, to support 10 dates on their European tour. The run opens with a string of shows in Western Europe, including performances in Spain, France and Holland. They’ll then head East for the middle portion of the tour to play shows in Germany, Austria and Poland. The trek concludes with a long-awaited return to Scandinavia for three shows in Sweden, Norway and Denmark. Living Colour will make a previously scheduled appearance at Hard Rock Hell Festival in Wales, Great Britain, while a handful of additional dates are still in the works, including a performance in Paris.

“We’re excited to be touring Europe this Fall with Alter Bridge. They remind us of many of the great rock bands we came up alongside in the ‘80s,” says Corey Glover. “We’d love to be getting to more cities and countries while we’re there, but we’ll return for a more extensive tour when our new album drops in 2017!”

Living Colour has garnered praise recently from the likes of Pitchfork, Rolling Stone and Billboard Magazine among others for their powerful reinvention of the classic Notorious B.I.G. track, “Who Shot Ya?,” which was released in protest of the ongoing gun violence and racial profiling crisis in the United States. A subsequent series of remixes were released via a mixtape entitled Who Shot Ya? on September 9, including Andre Betts remix with guest rappers Chuck D., Black Thought, Prodigal Sunn and Pharoahe Monch. In a chilling video for the song, statistics about gun-related tragedies flash across the screen, while names and photos of people whose lives were ended through gun violence are presented, including Tamir Rice, Michael Brown, Jr., Kurt Cobain, Malcolm X, Dimebag Darrell, Martin Luther King, Marvin Gaye and Lee Harvey Oswald.

In a statement, Living Colour guitarist Vernon Reid explains: “Our version of ‘Who Shot Ya?’ was initially an organic outgrowth of pure fandom for the work of the brilliant Christopher Wallace. But tragically, Biggie’s question has taken on new and urgent significance over the last year. The amount of people who die on a daily basis because of gun violence is unacceptable in a civilized society. The disproportionate use of deadly force in communities of color is equally unacceptable. We all feel paralyzed as to how we can meaningfully effect change, but at the least we can keep our voices raised in solidarity and not let this plight fade into the background until it happens again.”

Living Colour continue to tour the world prolifically, including shows this summer with Jane’s Addiction and Dinosaur Jr., and festival appearances at Freedom Sounds Festival celebrating the grand opening of the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC) and the highly acclaimed AfroPunk Fest in Brooklyn. They also appeared at the Woodstock Festival Poland. In December, they’ll headline Webster Hall in New York City as part of Archbishop Desmond Tutu’s 85th birthday celebration. The band, along with producer Andre Betts, is putting the finishing touches on their first new full-length studio album in seven years, entitled Shade, which is planned for an early 2017 release.

Living Colour Tour Dates with Alter Bridge

November 4 – Bilbao, Spain – Santana 27
November 5 – Barcelona, Spain – Razzmatazz
November 9 – Brussels, Belgium – AB
November 10 – Amsterdam, Holland – HMH
November 12 – Wales, Great Britain – Hard Rock Hell Festival (without Alter Bridge)
November 13 – Berlin, Germany – Columbiahalle
November 14 – Vienna, Austria – Gasometer
November 16 – Katowice, Poland – Spodeh
November 18 – Stockholm, Sweden – Annexet
November 20 – Oslo, Norway – Sentrum Scene
November 21 – Copenhagen, Denmark – Vega Hall
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... =firefox-b

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

It's weird, I try to go to the original link of that page and I got nothing and nothing on their tourpage is showing it. I'll classify it as a rumor until AB themselves confirm it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Living Color! Flip has to be flipping out!
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

AB "confirmed" it with a retweet this night. It's all gone now.
This morning Live Nation and Mojo confirmed Living Colour for some shows.

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

They dropped from tour with Glenn Hughes without any reason given and now they announce this :lol

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Yeah, that part is weird. They dropped out of a UK tour with Glenn Hughes (apparently, Living Colour don't like touring in the UK for some reason) and now is in the first half of AB Europe tour.

All right, now it's official.

http://www.livingcolour.com/news/living ... -november/

That's pretty cool. They seem all right. Flip's a huge fan of them. Hope people like them, yadda yadda yadda, and hope it goes well.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

Nicklord wrote:They dropped from tour with Glenn Hughes without any reason given and now they announce this :lol
bigger venues with AB
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

Paris is cancelled?
No word from the band until now.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

Tim wrote some replies on Facebook regarding Paris cancellation. Will quote them later if nobody does until I have time. :)
"Sing it, Stijn!"

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

I have time..
Tim Tournier (manager AB) on Facebook: It was a tuff call guys but one I had to make.... We will be back in Paris VERY soon in a big way..... Sometimes you have to cancel one show in order to do something else. No one wanted to do it but ya have to do whats best for the long-term plan. Nous serons de detour bientôt!!

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

Thank you!
"Sing it, Stijn!"

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

RoelSmoel wrote:I have time..
Tim Tournier (manager AB) on Facebook: It was a tuff call guys but one I had to make.... We will be back in Paris VERY soon in a big way..... Sometimes you have to cancel one show in order to do something else. No one wanted to do it but ya have to do whats best for the long-term plan. Nous serons de detour bientôt!!
Dang, that really sucks. The venue they were billed to play in is pretty sizable. Le Zénith de Paris holds almost 6,300 people.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Didn't know TTournier is manager of AB aswell. Always thought he only is Tremonti's manager.