The Last Hero - AB Nation Discussion

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
nagpo
On The Rail

Re: The Last Hero - AB Nation Discussion

Post by nagpo »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
antiwal wrote:WTF does "marginal reviews" mean on TLH's page on Wikipedia? Its generally got positive reviews. That needs updating!
They probably read this forum. ;)
Sometimes I wonder if Myles reads negative fan reviews and thinks

"Zero.
Nothing for you’s ever good enough
Zero
Nothing makes you whole"

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

I actually think it's amazing that the Alter Bridge fan scene is able to properly reflect on what the band is doing. Many, many fans of a lot of other bands glorify every single song those are putting out, no matter the quality, which can be really frustrating.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

nagpo wrote: Sometimes I wonder if Myles reads negative fan reviews and thinks

"Zero.
Nothing for you’s ever good enough
Zero
Nothing makes you whole"
I'm assuming Crows is about this website.
Andy92 wrote:So if they've found a producer that allows them to have fun and be happy in the studio, that's going to play a huge role in their decision to keep that relationship.
Pretty much. And I think Mark especially feels like he's been slighted and betrayed a bunch over the years in the industry, so I could see him never switching if only out of a sense of loyalty / not wanting to hurt Elvis' feelings in a similar manner. If he views Elvis as more of a family member than a colleague, a switch is not likely.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

Fish Tacos wrote:Pretty much. And I think Mark especially feels like he's been slighted and betrayed a bunch over the years in the industry, so I could see him never switching if only out of a sense of loyalty / not wanting to hurt Elvis' feelings in a similar manner. If he views Elvis as more of a family member than a colleague, a switch is not likely.
He can stay as producer. Just hire a new sound mixer, or make him revert to any sound that is an interpolation of Blackbird, AB III, or Fortress.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Just remembered that before the release, Mark mentioned that they originally had the intro of Show Me a Leader at the beginning of another song before moving it over - where do we think it might have been?
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:Just remembered that before the release, Mark mentioned that they originally had the intro of Show Me a Leader at the beginning of another song before moving it over - where do we think it might have been originally?
I couldn't guess what it is, But ive been thinking of doing some magic and adding it to the intro of This Side of Fate or The Last Hero to make the tracks longer and more epic. It would be tricky with Hero though because of the instant vocals.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

If Crows is about this website... :no

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

Ubik wrote:Just remembered that before the release, Mark mentioned that they originally had the intro of Show Me a Leader at the beginning of another song before moving it over - where do we think it might have been?
I remember him mentioning that too. Trying to think which song it would fit, but doesn't work with any to me. Maybe that is why the switched it, cos it just didn't work. Maybe Losing Patience?
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Blackbird wrote:I actually think it's amazing that the Alter Bridge fan scene is able to properly reflect on what the band is doing. Many, many fans of a lot of other bands glorify every single song those are putting out, no matter the quality, which can be really frustrating.
I never put bands on pedastals. If I think a song sucks, I'll think it sucks. I dont praise Song A by my favorite band(s) if I think said song sucks.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Blackbird wrote:I actually think it's amazing that the Alter Bridge fan scene is able to properly reflect on what the band is doing. Many, many fans of a lot of other bands glorify every single song those are putting out, no matter the quality, which can be really frustrating.
welcome to my fucking world dude. And some people have the audacity to get mad at me for it. Like, what the fuck. You want me to just fake it to appease you

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

You're killing Christmas for Little Timmy here!!!! :D

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ I'm not telling you to fake it to please me, I can never be pleased. What I will say is that it's just pretty damn tolling to read, here, a lot of the more "harsh, yet justifiable" thoughts on the album (which is why I took a few days off from reading this thread until the heat settles down and it actually killed my enthusiasm to post here frequently than I want to). I'm not saying it's wrong or telling people to stop posting these kinds of thoughts. It just a big downer to me.

For me, an AB album release day is like Christmas, except it happens every three years, and to read that some of the loyal fans had really harsh words on the album or the direction of it, it's like killing the excitement that is Christmas to me. The excitement of me can be extinguished on any other day, but around the period the album is out is just a bigger downer. :(

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: You're killing Christmas for Little Timmy here!!!! :D

anguyen92 wrote:^^ I'm not telling you to fake it to please me, I can never be pleased. What I will say is that it's just pretty damn tolling to read, here, a lot of the more "harsh, yet justifiable" thoughts on the album (which is why I took a few days off from reading this thread until the heat settles down and it actually killed my enthusiasm to post here frequently than I want to). I'm not saying it's wrong or telling people to stop posting these kinds of thoughts. It just a big downer to me.

For me, an AB album release day is like Christmas, except it happens every three years, and to read that some of the loyal fans had really harsh words on the album or the direction of it, it's like killing the excitement that is Christmas to me. The excitement of me can be extinguished on any other day, but around the period the album is out is just a bigger downer. :(
Honestly dude, that's a little sad. Why do you care what anyone else but you thinks about the album? I know I don't. Other peoples words have zero affect on my liking or disliking of the album.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ I know it is sad. My desperate attempts of seeking people's approval in life would reflect my thought.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

If you don't like negative talk, do the opposite. Start talking about stuff you like.

I also had to laugh at that post subject. Not sure if it was directed at me, but suddenly it felt very real.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Timotheus wrote:If you don't like negative talk, do the opposite. Start talking about stuff you like.
:yeahthat

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

If Crows was about us, I guarantee the band would not have sent the Blood Machines advance copies.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Cariocawlad
Bought The CDs

Post by Cariocawlad »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
Cariocawlad wrote:Since the digital copies doesn't come with the booklet, could someone post some photos of it?
Alright, I had some time. Here you go:

Thanks Muffin!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

One Drew Remains wrote:If Crows was about us, I guarantee the band would not have sent the Blood Machines advance copies.
Gotta love how they're no longer referred to as Mods ❤️ By the way, love the addition to your sig!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Edit: double post. Sowwy :embarrassed
Last edited by AB4Lyfe on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.