Welcome to TheAlterBridgeNation.com - Introduce yourself!

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Gingerella72
Brand New Start

Re: Welcome to TheAlterBridgeNation.com - Introduce yourself

Post by Gingerella72 »

I'm so glad I found this place! I'm all alone in my love for Alter Bridge and need like-minded people to communicate with. :)

(1.) How did you discover Alter Bridge?
I am a latecomer, didn't discover their music until 2013 when the hard rock internet station I was listening to at work kept playing Isolation and Hope over and over. I kept wondering who that awesome singer is, and after doing some research, became an instant fan. Bought all their CDs up to that point (yeah, I'm old school) and have spent countless hours on youtube devouring every live performance and fan video out there. And have become a Myles Kennedy junkie, of course. :)

(2.) What is the meaning of the username you chose?
I love old movies from the 30's and 40's, and my fav. old time actress is the fabulous Ginger Rogers.

(3.) How do you spend your free time?
Reading, watching tv shows or movies, playing with my dog and cats, spending time with my husband.

(4.) What is the name of one other band you enjoy other than AB?
Slipknot, Stone Sour....and Lady Gaga and Tori Amos. Don't judge.

(5.) What is the title of the last movie you watched?
Monster's, Inc.

(6.) What is something about you that even your closest friends don't know?
I was in a beauty pageant when I was in high school.

General_Zelgius
Brand New Start

Post by General_Zelgius »

Hey there TABN, I have been lurking a lot due to the new album hype and figured why not join?!
My dad was a Creed fan, and while I like them they aren't one of my favorites. Heard that the other members were starting a band and I decided to follow them a bit. Basically here from the beginning. At first I just liked AB but after a few years of hearing their songs come on as I was doing stuff I really sat and just listened a few times, and they grew on me very much.

It is a character from the game series of Fire Emblem.

Playing League of Legends.

Avenged Sevenfold.

V for Vendetta

I really don't think there is anything here. I will say though something important about me you wouldn't know via a message board is that I'm physically disabled and live in a wheelchair.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Gingerella72 wrote:I'm so glad I found this place! I'm all alone in my love for Alter Bridge and need like-minded people to communicate with. :)

I am a latecomer, didn't discover their music until 2013 when the hard rock internet station I was listening to at work kept playing Isolation and Hope over and over. I kept wondering who that awesome singer is, and after doing some research, became an instant fan. Bought all their CDs up to that point (yeah, I'm old school) and have spent countless hours on youtube devouring every live performance and fan video out there. And have become a Myles Kennedy junkie, of course. :)

I love old movies from the 30's and 40's, and my fav. old time actress is the fabulous Ginger Rogers.

Reading, watching tv shows or movies, playing with my dog and cats, spending time with my husband.

Slipknot, Stone Sour....and Lady Gaga and Tori Amos. Don't judge.

Monster's, Inc.

I was in a beauty pageant when I was in high school.
General_Zelgius wrote:Hey there TABN, I have been lurking a lot due to the new album hype and figured why not join?!
My dad was a Creed fan, and while I like them they aren't one of my favorites. Heard that the other members were starting a band and I decided to follow them a bit. Basically here from the beginning. At first I just liked AB but after a few years of hearing their songs come on as I was doing stuff I really sat and just listened a few times, and they grew on me very much.

It is a character from the game series of Fire Emblem.

Playing League of Legends.

Avenged Sevenfold.

V for Vendetta

I really don't think there is anything here. I will say though something important about me you wouldn't know via a message board is that I'm physically disabled and live in a wheelchair.
WELCOME TO TABN, FOLKS! Hope you enjoy it here :)

FlyingMonkey97
Bought The CDs

Post by FlyingMonkey97 »

Hey guys- I'm Ben. Been a fan for a couple years now, but never thought to check out forums until now.

I wanted to learn guitar a couple years ago and got the game Rocksmith 2014. Was sifting through DLC and came across Isolation and Blackbird and was hooked. I purchased Blackbird and ABIII the next day, and Fortress and One Day Remains not long after that.

Love the Tremonti song Flying Monkeys, been using it for screen names for a while now.

Practicing guitar, hiking, listening to music, videogames

Trivium, P.O.D., Skyharbor, Islander, Red

Ocean 11

To be honest, not much.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

FlyingMonkey97 wrote:Hey guys- I'm Ben. Been a fan for a couple years now, but never thought to check out forums until now.

I wanted to learn guitar a couple years ago and got the game Rocksmith 2014. Was sifting through DLC and came across Isolation and Blackbird and was hooked. I purchased Blackbird and ABIII the next day, and Fortress and One Day Remains not long after that.

Love the Tremonti song Flying Monkeys, been using it for screen names for a while now.
Welcome!
Practicing guitar, hiking, listening to music, videogames

Trivium, P.O.D., Skyharbor, Islander, Red

Ocean 11

To be honest, not much.
Welcome!

Box Of Frogz
Bought The CDs

Post by Box Of Frogz »

Hey all, so I'm not exactly new here, but I've previously only posted rarely now and then. Looking to post a lot more in future but need a sig and a dummies guide to how to attach it to my posts. Wondering if there was anyone who enjoys making sigs who could help me out?
As well as Alter Bridge I'm a huge Guns N' Roses fan so I was thinking maybe an image of Slash with Axl and Myles on either side or something like that? Any help would be awesome :)
[img]14063739_10153893881338932_8927252260045926956_n.jpg[/img]

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote:(1.) How did you discover Alter Bridge?
My buddy picked me up to go to Taco Bell, and he was playing ODR in his car. Down to My Last was playing when we pulled up, and I made him wait until it was over before we went inside. I remember saying "this reminds me of Creed, but better". Did some research when I got home and found out that they were in fact Creed with a new singer. My buddy burned me a copy and the rest is history.

It's a name I've used for usernames since high school. I got it from Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back, when Jay called Silent Bob "Tons of fun" haha. The 88 part is my birth year.

Listening to music, playing guitar, playing video games, etc.

Big fan of the 80s/90s. Van Halen was my favorite band before I discovered Alter Bridge.

Deadpool

That I smoke cigarettes (I know, disguising habit).I don't smoke around them out of respect/shame lol.

The Mighty Van Halen ,nice to meet a fellow fan.Can i ask a dangerous question lol,Roth or Haggar or both ?

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Hell yeah man. Both for sure! I prefer Roth, but I always liked how Haggar opened some new doors for them. I mean we would never have a song like Dreams with Roth. Overall, I'm happy with the timeline we got with them. Now we get to see them with Roth again. It's great!

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Also, I might never have gotten until VH if it wasn't for Haggar. I was born in 88, so the first VH song I heard was Dreams in the first Power Rangers movie in the 90s Lmao. I always liked it. When I got into high school I started to appreciate older music, so I went through my mom's music collection and found VH Best Of Both Worlds live concert. Was surprised to find Dreams on it, because before that I had only heard it, I didn't know who or what it was. From there I went to my dad's to see what Van Halen he had, and he had all the Roth Albums on vinyl. He got me hip.

Sparky
Brand New Start

Post by Sparky »

Hello all, I've been lurking as a guest around here for a while but decided to join as a gesture of appreciation that this forum exists at all; with as thoroughly as social media has taken over the internet, it's so refreshing to see an old-fashioned discussion forum that actually gets some usage.

I was introduced to the band some years ago by one of my best friends ("slasherbridge" on the forum) who insisted that I listen to them because they'd become his favorite band. They're not at all my usual preferred genre, as I'm primarily into black metal. But since our friendship was initially built on a mutual love for Guns n' Roses and Metallica, I decided to trust his judgment and give Alter Bridge a listen. Sure enough, the more I heard from them the more I realized that my friend was right; they were something special and offered not only undeniable raw talent, but also a kind of passion that I feel is so rare in the genre today.

Sparky is the name of a toy stuffed octopus that I carry to concerts with me. Initially given to me as a gag gift, he's become a sort of personal mascot. I make band shirts for him and get them autographed by the bands. He's got quite a collection of signed shirts, but no Alter Bridge yet. That'll have to change at some point.

Music is the most important thing in my life. I am not myself a musician and possess no talent whatsoever, but I spend an inordinate amount of time listening to music every day. If I'm not listening to music at home, I'm probably at a live show. If I'm not doing either of those things, I'm playing with my dogs or watching baseball or football. Or possibly Spongebob.

Choosing just one band to name is painful, but I'll go with my one favorite of all time: Watain, a black metal band from Uppsala, Sweden. I love them more than life itself.

Deliver Us From Evil

It's hard to think of anything that close friends don't know. I'm wearing socks with dinosaurs on them today. How's that?
"Senses speak of something grand just beyond the grasp of hand, a place within to which I wish to return; I stand on the threshold, focused and prepared to burn!" -Tribulation, Winds 2015

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Sparky wrote:Hello all, I've been lurking as a guest around here for a while but decided to join as a gesture of appreciation that this forum exists at all; with as thoroughly as social media has taken over the internet, it's so refreshing to see an old-fashioned discussion forum that actually gets some usage.

I was introduced to the band some years ago by one of my best friends ("slasherbridge" on the forum) who insisted that I listen to them because they'd become his favorite band. They're not at all my usual preferred genre, as I'm primarily into black metal. But since our friendship was initially built on a mutual love for Guns n' Roses and Metallica, I decided to trust his judgment and give Alter Bridge a listen. Sure enough, the more I heard from them the more I realized that my friend was right; they were something special and offered not only undeniable raw talent, but also a kind of passion that I feel is so rare in the genre today.

Sparky is the name of a toy stuffed octopus that I carry to concerts with me. Initially given to me as a gag gift, he's become a sort of personal mascot. I make band shirts for him and get them autographed by the bands. He's got quite a collection of signed shirts, but no Alter Bridge yet. That'll have to change at some point.

Music is the most important thing in my life. I am not myself a musician and possess no talent whatsoever, but I spend an inordinate amount of time listening to music every day. If I'm not listening to music at home, I'm probably at a live show. If I'm not doing either of those things, I'm playing with my dogs or watching baseball or football. Or possibly Spongebob.

Choosing just one band to name is painful, but I'll go with my one favorite of all time: Watain, a black metal band from Uppsala, Sweden. I love them more than life itself.

Deliver Us From Evil

It's hard to think of anything that close friends don't know. I'm wearing socks with dinosaurs on them today. How's that?
WELCOME, SPARKY! :cheers

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

That was quite the introduction. Welcome, Sparky! Hope you stick around! Feel free to recommend me some of your favorite Black Metal bands (or mock me for liking Deafheaven) :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Sparky
Brand New Start

Post by Sparky »

Timotheus wrote:...or mock me for liking Deafheaven
Can't say I'm much of a Deafheaven fan myself, but they did once tour with a favorite of mine: Tribulation. They take typical black metal elements and spirit and combine them with a softer, more melodic style.
"Senses speak of something grand just beyond the grasp of hand, a place within to which I wish to return; I stand on the threshold, focused and prepared to burn!" -Tribulation, Winds 2015

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Box Of Frogz wrote:Hey all, so I'm not exactly new here, but I've previously only posted rarely now and then. Looking to post a lot more in future but need a sig and a dummies guide to how to attach it to my posts. Wondering if there was anyone who enjoys making sigs who could help me out?
As well as Alter Bridge I'm a huge Guns N' Roses fan so I was thinking maybe an image of Slash with Axl and Myles on either side or something like that? Any help would be awesome :)
I'd suggest making a sig request in the Images and Media forum:
viewforum.php?f=11

We have some talented artists here so hopefully someone will help you out!

Tru Fan UK
Brand New Start

Post by Tru Fan UK »

Hello AB Nation,

I'm Edd, used to be a part of these forums many years ago. Went silent a few years back but never lost my love for AB. Visited this site a few times in the past to keep up with news and decided it's time to start posting again.

Hope all I knew from the past are well and very much looking forward to integrating myself with this forum once again :)

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Tru Fan UK wrote:Hello AB Nation,

I'm Edd, used to be a part of these forums many years ago. Went silent a few years back but never lost my love for AB. Visited this site a few times in the past to keep up with news and decided it's time to start posting again.

Hope all I knew from the past are well and very much looking forward to integrating myself with this forum once again :)
Next to an album release is a good time as any to start posting again!

Tru Fan UK
Brand New Start

Post by Tru Fan UK »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Tru Fan UK wrote:Hello AB Nation,

Next to an album release is a good time as any to start posting again!
that's what I was thinking!

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

welcome back Edd!!
Photobucket cash grab.

Thomz87
Bought The CDs

Post by Thomz87 »

First of all, I apologize for my not-so-perfect-english. I am Swiss, so normally I speak swiss german, german or french.

Good question. Was a long time ago, when they released ODR. I used to listen to Creed sometimes and somehow got the news that there is a new band, basically "Creed with a new singer". Didn't expect to hear such an unforgettable voice as the one from Myles Kennedy. I was amazed since the first song (which was Open your eyes).

Easy to answer. My name is Thomas, the short form is Thom. Born in 1987 ;)

I play team handball since I am 6 years old, so that's what I am doing in my free time. Up to 4 times a week.

Our Lady Peace. Not as heavy as Alter Bridge (even though I like heavy rock music), but they have a unique vibe in my opinion, especially their older albums, such as Naveed, Clumsy, Spiritual Machines.

American History X.

Haha, there's nothing. My closest friends grew up the same street as Me, so they know everything :)

Tru Fan UK
Brand New Start

Post by Tru Fan UK »

Ryan wrote:welcome back Edd!!

Thanks Ryan! Hope you're well - good to see you're still around on here :)