Official "The Last Hero" Thread (pre-release discussion)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Marcos
Achilles

Re: Official "The Last Hero" Thread

Post by Marcos »

Ubik wrote:Shall we now discuss The Other Side?
The band released it, didn't they? ;)

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, in any case, if people can legally hear The Other Side, when can people in the states hear it legally?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Well it's still not been unlocked in the UK. However the Alter Bridge fans of Mongolia are currently rocking out to both new ones. I'm guessing it'll open up at midnight local time(s).
For all of the hope that it brings...

Thundercats
Brand New Start

Post by Thundercats »

This kind of sucks that even though I pre-ordered the album from Best Buy, I can't get the same songs everyone else does early. I wish they would honor it and give us the songs if we gave them proof we ordered the album. I spent over $20 on my purchase, when I could have waited until the 7th and paid a bit less at Walmart. I'm not about to pirate my favorite band, but I hate how we're all so divided. Show Me a Leader who can distribute equally, guys!

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

I'm just glad I kept away from the previews this time. 100% a better experience on first listens.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:Shall we now discuss The Other Side?
Marcos wrote:The band released it, didn't they? ;)
Jim wrote:We're verifying if these songs are actually available, please hang on before discussing
Those two mod posts are conflicting.

Lukeage
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lukeage »

Thundercats wrote:This kind of sucks that even though I pre-ordered the album from Best Buy, I can't get the same songs everyone else does early. I wish they would honor it and give us the songs if we gave them proof we ordered the album. I spent over $20 on my purchase, when I could have waited until the 7th and paid a bit less at Walmart. I'm not about to pirate my favorite band, but I hate how we're all so divided. Show Me a Leader who can distribute equally, guys!
I buy the songs off iTunes when they're released, and then I just go out and buy the album on release day.

More money to the band. It means I'm buying the album effectively 1.5 times haha. I do it with bands I love. For example I've bought all the pre-order songs off the new Airbourne and Crobot albums and today I'm going to go out and buy the CDs. :)

I'm going to have to guess they probably won't release any more songs off TLH now before release day since it's only two weeks away now - eeeee!!! :D

Thundercats
Brand New Start

Post by Thundercats »

Lukeage wrote:
Thundercats wrote:This kind of sucks that even though I pre-ordered the album from Best Buy, I can't get the same songs everyone else does early. I wish they would honor it and give us the songs if we gave them proof we ordered the album. I spent over $20 on my purchase, when I could have waited until the 7th and paid a bit less at Walmart. I'm not about to pirate my favorite band, but I hate how we're all so divided. Show Me a Leader who can distribute equally, guys!
I buy the songs off iTunes when they're released, and then I just go out and buy the album on release day.

More money to the band. It means I'm buying the album effectively 1.5 times haha. I do it with bands I love. For example I've bought all the pre-order songs off the new Airbourne and Crobot albums and today I'm going to go out and buy the CDs. :)

I'm going to have to guess they probably won't release any more songs off TLH now before release day since it's only two weeks away now - eeeee!!! :D

I'd love to support them any way I can. However, I feel like $20+ for a pre-order is more support than most people will give them. Like I said.. I wish they would offer to honor all pre-orders. It shouldn't matter what outlet is used.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

At least, with the Best Buy pre-order, you get the extra bonus track. I'm looking at the actual price, $15. Seems a bit steep for a new release, especially when I got Fortress for $9.99, but a bonus track, apparently from the ODR era, seems to add more value. Maybe, you got the bad end of the shipping charges.

Thundercats
Brand New Start

Post by Thundercats »

anguyen92 wrote:At least, with the Best Buy pre-order, you get the extra bonus track. I'm looking at the actual price, $15. Seems a bit steep for a new release, especially when I got Fortress for $9.99, but a bonus track, apparently from the ODR era, seems to add more value. Maybe, you got the bad end of the shipping charges.
Right, but it's just a bonus track. I mean.. the band didnt find it special enough to include on ODR, neither did they ever re-record and release it. It's certainly not worth $5, especially when you can buy a single for less than that. Then you add in shipping, and it kind of feels like a rip off. I love them, so I agreed to it.. but Im definitely a little bitter about others getting more privileges for less than what I paid.

DCooper727
TABN.com Citizen

Post by DCooper727 »

Lukeage wrote:
Show Me a Leader is my least favourite. It's just massively underwhelming.
My Champion has grown on me.
The Other Side has already sky-rocketed to my top 10 AB tracks ever.
The Poison in Your Veins is also f'ing brilliant.
Can attest to this. It's easily one of the best tracks they've ever written IMO.

Lukeage
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lukeage »

It is the same for us in Australia.

Standard edition: $24.99
Deluxe edition with 1 extra track: $30.99

And then on iTunes they only have the "deluxe" edition, which is $18.99 which has the bonus track and FWIW a new release on iTunes in Australia is typically $16.99.

Sooooo I dare say, I hope there's something else special about this deluxe version e.g. the packaging or I'd be a bit upset parting with $31 for it!!

Lukeage
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lukeage »

I just noticed the Best Buy version has "Breathe" as well as Last Of Our Kind... What do we know about this song?

Felypesh
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Felypesh »

I can't believe how AB still plays on clubs in USA, I mean 600 people capacity... They really win some money playing there?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Lukeage wrote:I just noticed the Best Buy version has "Breathe" as well as Last Of Our Kind... What do we know about this song?
It's a ODR B-side. That's all we know.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

The Other Side & Poison In Your Veins are now officially available to download in several parts of the world
You are now welcome to discuss these 2 tracks

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Jim wrote:
The Other Side & Poison In Your Veins are now officially available to download in several parts of the world
You are now welcome to discuss these 2 tracks
What do you think of the songs, Jim?

Felypesh
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Felypesh »

Posion In Your Veins: I love the song, I really like the effect on the verses and the pre chorus, those are little things that made a song different than others so people don't say that sound like another song or whatever, the chorus is pretty catchy, the solo is great as well (If you notice the solo actually at 3:47 on the right ear lol), I think it's overall a great song.

The Other Side: I love the intro and the main riff of this song, lyrics are great, the start of the bridge reminds me a little to AHIG bridge and I personally love the fact that this song doesn't have a solo on it cause of the 'lack of melody' of the song, it would've been strange I don't know, love it in general.

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

Cannot wait to hear these two tracks! Are posted links allowed with these two tracks? I know the U.S gets poison in your veins tomorrow, more so just curious about The Other Side?