Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
axlar
Site Admin

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Post by axlar »

jonten99 wrote:
axlar wrote:Jonten, vilkommen! (or something) Have fun at the Stockholm gig.. love that city!
Thanks! It's a beautiful city, I'm sure it'll be a night I'll remember for a long time since it's my first time seeing the band!
I became a fan a couple of months after Fortress was released so I missed their last visit here (where they debuted Lover btw, love that song) so I'm really excited :D
I've seen them in Stockholm back in 2008 2 times.. once in Fryshuset Klubben and once in Fryshuset Arenan.. cool laction.. stayed at Gamla Stan.. awesome place!

And I am sure you will love seeing them live finally! :)
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

benjoAB wrote:See you in Glasgow, im going VIP baby!! cant wait! first time meeting them so pissing my pants already!!
Awesome man! Do you live near Glasgow?!
"Sing it, Stijn!"

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

axlar wrote:
benjoAB wrote:See you in Glasgow, im going VIP baby!! cant wait! first time meeting them so pissing my pants already!!
Awesome man! Do you live near Glasgow?!
Nah I'm in the highlands in Scotland, a little town called Thurso which is the UKs most northerly town! About a 5 hour drive from Glasgow! You going VIP?

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

banjoAB wrote:Nah I'm in the highlands in Scotland, a little town called Thurso which is the UKs most northerly town! About a 5 hour drive from Glasgow!
I should be in Glasgow for a few days...
banjoAB wrote: You going VIP?
you could say it like that.. Hehe
"Sing it, Stijn!"

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

I'll be at the Basel gig! It's been 8 years since I've seen the guys perform (as a unit anyway if excluding Myles with Slash two years ago and Creed back in '09 where I met Stijn for the first time), I can't wait. Not doing VIP though since I bought tickets for myself and my girlfriend and that alone set me back around $150...

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

I still have to buy tickets for the show in Basel. So freaking expensive..

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I've checked the face value prices for the shows in Europe and whilst some shows was around the $45-55 range (which is a bit steep compared to the states), Switzerland looked pretty expensive like around $80-90.

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

anguyen92 wrote:I've checked the face value prices for the shows in Europe and whilst some shows was around the $45-55 range (which is a bit steep compared to the states), Switzerland looked pretty expensive like around $80-90.
Breathing is expensive in Switzerland :D but they have really high salaries so it's basically the same

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

The Swiss Crown is just really expensive compared to the Euro.
Go get yourself a menu at McDonald's there, you pay almost double the price in Euros (~ €15).

zureen
Brand New Start

Post by zureen »

Hello guys!

I'm planning to travel all the way from Malaysia to catch AB in The O2 Arena 24th Nov (my brothers are in university there, so planning to visit them as well). The idea just popped up but apparently The O2 is sold out.

Do you guys know of any reliable online reseller? I found a few online boards/sites that offer that, but they look fishy and I wanna know if I can get the best value at a particular site.

Thanks in advance!

P/S - very new to the forum, but not at all new to The AB Nation! Been a fan ever since ODR, and have seen them twice in Australia and once in Indonesia :) Nice to meet all of you

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

zureen wrote:Hello guys!

I'm planning to travel all the way from Malaysia to catch AB in The O2 Arena 24th Nov (my brothers are in university there, so planning to visit them as well). The idea just popped up but apparently The O2 is sold out.

Do you guys know of any reliable online reseller? I found a few online boards/sites that offer that, but they look fishy and I wanna know if I can get the best value at a particular site.

Thanks in advance!

P/S - very new to the forum, but not at all new to The AB Nation! Been a fan ever since ODR, and have seen them twice in Australia and once in Indonesia :) Nice to meet all of you
That's awesome! Stubhub.co.uk or ebay.co.uk are reputable sites for buying second-hand tickets. I believe the original retailer livenation.co.uk will also show you second-hand tickets. Good luck and welcome to TABN!

zureen
Brand New Start

Post by zureen »

abw1987 wrote: That's awesome! Stubhub.co.uk or ebay.co.uk are reputable sites for buying second-hand tickets. I believe the original retailer livenation.co.uk will also show you second-hand tickets. Good luck and welcome to TABN!
Thanks for the suggestion! Am glad to finally have an account here!

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Do stay a while! Things are about to get very busy around here. :D

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

welcome Zureen.. we might walk into eachother at the O2 (even though chances are slim with the amount of people it can hold, haha)
"Sing it, Stijn!"

Thomz87
Bought The CDs

Post by Thomz87 »

SchwiizVT12 wrote:I'll be at the Basel gig! It's been 8 years since I've seen the guys perform (as a unit anyway if excluding Myles with Slash two years ago and Creed back in '09 where I met Stijn for the first time), I can't wait. Not doing VIP though since I bought tickets for myself and my girlfriend and that alone set me back around $150...
Yep, same here. I will see them in Basel, very excited about it. It will be my 5th Alter Bridge show, and definitely not my last :) :rockon

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Thomz87 wrote:
SchwiizVT12 wrote:I'll be at the Basel gig! It's been 8 years since I've seen the guys perform (as a unit anyway if excluding Myles with Slash two years ago and Creed back in '09 where I met Stijn for the first time), I can't wait. Not doing VIP though since I bought tickets for myself and my girlfriend and that alone set me back around $150...
Yep, same here. I will see them in Basel, very excited about it. It will be my 5th Alter Bridge show, and definitely not my last :) :rockon
Awesome! You'll have to give us a review of the show once it's over.

Thomz87
Bought The CDs

Post by Thomz87 »

abw1987 wrote:
Thomz87 wrote:
Awesome! You'll have to give us a review of the show once it's over.
Will be a pleasure to do that :)

zureen
Brand New Start

Post by zureen »

axlar wrote:welcome Zureen.. we might walk into eachother at the O2 (even though chances are slim with the amount of people it can hold, haha)
Hey I'm currently browsing StubHub....I am torn between getting a free standing ticket and seated (section 101 or 102). My recent experience in Tokyo's Summer Sonic Fest to see Radiohead was really rough as a petite woman - the moshing up front was crazy (beats me, why would people mosh to Radiohead is beyond me) and I had to be lifted out because I felt like dying. Plus, being a foreigner, they were extra rough towards me especially when I screamed out of legit pain.

I would really want a meaningful experience with every AB gig, in Jakarta I was right up front and Asians being Asians, we were a very mild bunch and didn't go crazy. So I enjoyed that one and it's high up in the concert benchmark for me.

So my questions are:

Are the UK goers usually rough? For AB at least?

How early does the crowd wait in the UK? If I get the FS tickets, I'd like to gauge when I should start lining up - I'm okay with 5-6 hours :D Especially for AB damnit!

Are the seated sections really that bad though? I mean I bet the sound system would be amazing throughout the arena but visibility wise? (okay Myles' thighs come to mind....)

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

From what I've seen, UK crowds tend to be among the most raucous.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ahhh, nothing like seeing a tweet that states that AB are having a venue upgrade. In Copenhagen, Denmark, they were scheduled to play a venue, Store Vega, which fills around 1,100-1,500. However, they stated this.

A venue that holds about 2,000 people. Not bad.