Official "The Last Hero" Thread (pre-release discussion)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Ashlee
Site Admin

Re: Official "The Last Hero" Thread

Post by Ashlee »

FlyingMonkey97 wrote:Wow. I joined this site to hype the new album, but this honestly one of the most toxic places I've been in a long time. If my joke about "denied" and that other guys post about how he loved the album (without mentioning any details at all) is enough to provoke a hate rant like that from an obvious regular then this is definitely not a place I need to be. I love alter bridge, but I sure as hell wish the fan base was as chill as the actual band.
The band is not chill about anything that has happened over the last week. You can believe that.

However, except for AB23's desire to see everyone follow directions - he was joking lol

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

So how many days left now...?

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

Ashlee wrote:
FlyingMonkey97 wrote:Wow. I joined this site to hype the new album, but this honestly one of the most toxic places I've been in a long time. If my joke about "denied" and that other guys post about how he loved the album (without mentioning any details at all) is enough to provoke a hate rant like that from an obvious regular then this is definitely not a place I need to be. I love alter bridge, but I sure as hell wish the fan base was as chill as the actual band.
The band is not chill about anything that has happened over the last week. You can believe that.

However, except for AB23's desire to see everyone follow directions - he was joking lol
How the hell did AB let their album leak a month before release,and not only that apparently there still around people are linking the sites on twitter.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

The band won't have LET it happen. Most albums leak because so many outlets are given copies for review.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Raven wrote:How the hell did AB let their album leak a month before release,and not only that apparently there still around people are linking the sites on twitter.
Might be unfair of me and it's pure coincidence, but there wasn't a sniff of Fortress until the stream when they were with Roadrunner (and I think it was the same with ABIII), so my money's on it being something at Napalm's end gone wrong.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Jim wrote:So how many days left now...?
19 days 17 hrs until October 7th 12 AM

if the album streams a week in advance: 12 Days

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

Tremonti's records didn't leak at all. I know AB is a little bigger, but I'm surprised. I thought Mark had a tight grip on that sort of thing.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Ubik wrote:so my money's on it being something at Napalm's end gone wrong.
Highly unlikely, albums get out and it only takes one disloyal person to upload it somewhere. Napalm are doing their job at distributing it accordingly to whoever needs it pre-launch

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:Tremonti's records didn't leak at all. I know AB is a little bigger, but I'm surprised. I thought Mark had a tight grip on that sort of thing.
Dust did, there was people on Twitter telling him how awesome it was and everything before the 29th.

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:Tremonti's records didn't leak at all. I know AB is a little bigger, but I'm surprised. I thought Mark had a tight grip on that sort of thing.
Different management. Different record label.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

Please tell me you have a countdown app on your phone or something that tells you that

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Jim wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

Please tell me you have a countdown app on your phone or something that tells you that
Nope :)

But I did just use a random countdown widget webpage on my computer.

slasherbridge
White Knuckled

Post by slasherbridge »

Nerd. :P

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

slasherbridge wrote:Nerd. :P
Wow so mean :lol

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Jim wrote:Highly unlikely, albums get out and it only takes one disloyal person to upload it somewhere. Napalm are doing their job at distributing it accordingly to whoever needs it pre-launch
It's the "whoever needs it" part I'm wondering about.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

What are you wondering about? You do realise that there are radio stations and magazines and websites that NEED copies of the album in order to play the singles and review the album pre-release yes? That's always how it's worked

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Jim wrote:What are you wondering about? You do realise that there are radio stations and magazines and websites that NEED copies of the album in order to play the singles and review the album pre-release yes? That's always how it's worked
Right, and I'm wondering about how stringent the process is in order to get a copy. I've never seen fansites get copies that early for review, for instance. Plus, fairly sure Roadrunner had measures in place that would discourage reviewers from uploaded the copies they received.

It doesn't seem a stretch to say something's gone properly tits up given the album leaked a month in advance, which I've never seen happen before.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

Ashlee wrote:
Different management. Different record label.
Oh, right. I guess thats part of trying to gain exposure. Unfortunate though. I think that the people who were going to buy the record, will still do so. I have physical 3 copies and iTunes pre-ordered - and I don't need any of them because I use Spotify...

The whole announce the album 3 months in advance, then 2 weeks later a single. That strategy is a little outdated. A lot of artist are announcing the record closer to 1 month and capitalizing on excitement.

Dayviewer
Isolated

Post by Dayviewer »

Love it, I like it better then what we got last time.

What? I'm talking about Star Wars The Force Awakens you silly, I waited years for this movie, recently re-watched it at home after seeing it at cinema last year, still holds up.

Can't wait for Episode 8 man, hopefully Rogue One will deliver too.
Formerly known as Benjami

slasherbridge
White Knuckled

Post by slasherbridge »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
slasherbridge wrote:Nerd. :P
Wow so mean :lol
I really have no room to judge. I had a countdown for when Fortress came out.