Alter Bridge Summer Tour '16

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: Alter Bridge Summer Tour '16

Post by Crumbso »

Here's hoping it's used for an opener.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Very excited for this! And for those still wondering - yes, the Portland show is tomorrow 8/23, not today.

I bet Mark doesn't even have a 7-string on tour with him, and Mushok is loaning Mark his own guitar. If that's the case, a million thanks to Mushok!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I love that all these bands are so friendly with each other. Lending out guitars like that, inviting other musicians on stage, working out together... Seems like a good vibe to be around.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

abw1987 wrote:Very excited for this! And for those still wondering - yes, the Portland show is tomorrow 8/23, not today.

I bet Mark doesn't even have a 7-string on tour with him, and Mushok is loaning Mark his own guitar. If that's the case, a million thanks to Mushok!
seems natural since they are PRS artist-mates (I think I just made up a new hyphenated word. lol) and Saint Asonia is opening for AB tonight.

I get why it's just debuting tonight, but I feel like not having it ready for the Disturbed/BB tour was a lost opportunity. I know they rehearsed going into the LP (after which I think they pretty much took right off for tour). they played in front of a lot of people, even being an opening band, that could've been exposed to a new song and maybe built some more anticipation for the album from people who may not otherwise have been interested.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

abw1987 wrote:Very excited for this! And for those still wondering - yes, the Portland show is tomorrow 8/23, not today.

Mixed feelings about this... why not bring the 7 string if you know it was only a matter of time before you'd play it? And what has he been playing at soundchecks?

Still... if he's really playing Mushok's guitar that's pretty cool on both their parts. Stoked to hear it either way!

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

AllC392Was wrote:They changed things up a bit with setlist last night and drummer from BB played Come to Life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vHax7escI4
Just watched this. I thought he did a great job! Not sure why others disagree; of course he's not going to 100% replicate Flip's drumming but that's not really the point. I also quite like his drumming on the latest BB album and I think he does a great job on the older material as well.
Timotheus wrote:I love that all these bands are so friendly with each other. Lending out guitars like that, inviting other musicians on stage, working out together... Seems like a good vibe to be around.
Agreed! This is turning out to be a pretty cool tour. Given the popularity of Disturbed/BB, the lineup almost feels like a festival, but the fact that they're touring together for an extended time means they can get to know each other and experiment with cameos like they have been.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

It's not often a collection of bands will tour for this long and NOT get along so well.. Everyone is in great spirits. Exchanging eachothers gear and crew guys helping out other acts is a very common thing when you're surrounded by great people

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

anguyen92 wrote:Again, what's makes this band so criminally offensive to you that Three Days Grace didn't have when Adam was around? Honestly, for me, I found Saint Asonia to be more like 3DG than what the current 3DG are.
Criminally offensive? Holy hyperbole and a half batman! I'm just giving my opinion like the rest of you, but mine happens to be that of the majority

They lack soul, passion, authenticity, and a singer that doesn't sound like he's undergoing hormone replacement therapy unless using autotune. In other words, it's become repackaged bubblegum rock. The song quality after LSN dipped tremendously, but still had some legit tunes

Plus what Andy said...

Anyway...

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

This sounds like the kind of music I would have loved when I was 18 in 2003, don't hate it. Don't love the production choices at all though

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Wow. That literally sounds 15 years old. Nothing wrong with it particularly but it sounds pretty dated and makes me feel like I'm back at college.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

For me it's the production quality mostly. The music is solid for what it is, but sonically it just doesn't deliver well for me. Maybe I got used to how the producers with 3DG made Adam sound, but to me he went from being one of the most recognizable voices in modern rock to just plain mediocre.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

dFhimz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by dFhimz »

Genuinely curious, does this sound bad to you guys?

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

dFhimz wrote:

Genuinely curious, does this sound bad to you guys?
That's an old Gontier song he repurposed for this album. Instead of both ears hurting like they normally do when I hear a SA song, one ear hurts and the other just feels really sore

It's still bad but has one less level of suckage the other material does

As with their entire catalog thus far, the problem lies within Adam's vocals. The fact that it seems like they were fine with 4 am demo vox takes speaks volumes

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46PoWkm4aI4

Mike Mushok played Metalingus with AB yesterday

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ I think that sounded good. Couldn't distingusish a second guitar through most of the song (usually the problem for me regarding songs that typically only needs three instruments to work), but when they got to the bridge, Mushok added some nice stuff in there. Anywho, speaking of more live collaborations, here's another video of Disturbed's Who Taught You How to Hate with Mark playing, however, in Myles' place (which I didn't hear too much in the video back when they played it in Virginia), is former Queensryche vocalist, Geoff Tate. No worries, though, Myles did sing with Disturbed in Sound of Silence.

It is nice when people from other bands get together and join in to play other songs. I kinda wished it happened during the last UK tour AB was in with Shinedown and Halestorm (aside from Lzzy Hale singing Watch Over You with Myles, which I knew with enough times of them playing it, it would work the way I thought it would work).

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Awesome! Let the cameos continue. I loved seeing Mushok add a little lead flare during the bridge of "Metalingus", and of course Myles killed it on "Sound of Silence". To be honest "Who Taught You How to Hate" sounds pretty rough, although I think it's really the vocals that are sloppy.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

The bridge of Metalingus was pretty funny. Mushok had no idea what was going on with Myles trying to command the crowd and decides to steal the spotlight, lol.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

The idea of having a solo in Metalingus is pretty cool tho. :D

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Meh. Geoff Tate, unbeknownst only to himself, just doesn't have it anymore. That's happens with time, so whatever, but his assholish behavior degraded and finally broke up Queensryche a few years back, so I'm mixed seeing him get a high profile cameo like this. Dude is living on a no-longer-deserved reputation alone.

The new Queensryche singer, Todd LaTorre, has an incredible voice. His presence has brought back the classic QR sound, vocals and all, and he is a real good guy by all accounts.

Can you tell where I stand on this? lol

I did like the Metalingus version other than the vid title: Alterbridge... smh. I like how Myles looked over like, "Huh? Oh. Solo. Ok, I'll just step aside a bit."

Hope to see some video of SMAL tonight!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

gbruin wrote:Meh. Geoff Tate, unbeknownst only to himself, just doesn't have it anymore. That's happens with time, so whatever, but his assholish behavior degraded and finally broke up Queensryche a few years back, so I'm mixed seeing him get a high profile cameo like this. Dude is living on a no-longer-deserved reputation alone.

The new Queensryche singer, Todd LaTorre, has an incredible voice. His presence has brought back the classic QR sound, vocals and all, and he is a real good guy by all accounts.

Can you tell where I stand on this? lol

I did like the Metalingus version other than the vid title: Alterbridge... smh. I like how Myles looked over like, "Huh? Oh. Solo. Ok, I'll just step aside a bit."

Hope to see some video of SMAL tonight!

Thats where AB are all class you will never see Mark solo like that in some1 else's song or like the duet Myles did with Disturbed where he reigned himself in to not make it about him