Video Game Bonanza!

Talk about anything and everything here.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Video Game Bonanza!

Post by anguyen92 »

Does your brother-in-law have any info regarding anything from Blizzard that the public have not heard yet? ;)

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Yes, I'm sure he does. He said his head was spinning after the meeting cause there was so much info, but he won't divulge anything to me.
Photobucket cash grab.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

No Man's Sky in two days!
For all of the hope that it brings...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ryan wrote:Yes, I'm sure he does. He said his head was spinning after the meeting cause there was so much info, but he won't divulge anything to me.
If he ever moves to EA see if he can find out why their servers suck.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Company strategy for next 7 CODs

Post by zazthespaz »

Ryan wrote:My bro in law said they're already having meetings for the next call of duty and they talked about what it's about and all that. He won't tell me anything.
Guns, 4 hour campaign, DLC.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Andy92 wrote:
Ryan wrote:Yes, I'm sure he does. He said his head was spinning after the meeting cause there was so much info, but he won't divulge anything to me.
If he ever moves to EA see if he can find out why they suck.
FTFY
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

So jealous of PS players right now. No Man's Sky looks fuckin amazing.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I know right...

Though my copy arrives in the morning!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: This looks like the other planet. But blue.

Post by zazthespaz »

I don't get it - you fly around, spot some stuff, name it, leave, repeat. What am I missing? I get that there's a quintillion worlds to explore, but how unique are the experiences?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: This looks like the other planet. But blue.

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote:I don't get it - you fly around, spot some stuff, name it, leave, repeat. What am I missing? I get that there's a quintillion worlds to explore, but how unique are the experiences?
18 quintillion worlds to explore! ;) :lol

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: like how Canada is just a different shade of the US

Post by zazthespaz »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:I don't get it - you fly around, spot some stuff, name it, leave, repeat. What am I missing? I get that there's a quintillion worlds to explore, but how unique are the experiences?
But there's only 6 gigs of texture in the game. You're gonna start recognizing things pretty quick I imagine and the individuality of the worlds might be lost.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: like how Canada is just a different shade of the US

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
But there's only 6 gigs of texture in the game. You're gonna start recognizing things pretty quick I imagine and the individuality of the worlds might be lost.
I guess that's true. Doesn't make a difference to me when I won't play it though :/ :dance

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Yeah that's the main problem with auto-generated content, no matter how advanced the algorithm, it still provides a shallower experience. I suppose if you're into the make your own fun kind of games like Minecraft it will suit you but I imagine it will get old after about 10 hours.

I did like the concept of no loading screens and being able to go surface to atmosphere with a dogfight in between with no transition but idk if it's worth buying a PS4 and getting a PSN subscription for.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

No subscription, it uses the network but doesn't cost anything.

I'm loving it so far, early part of the game eases you in to all the mechanics well, just upgraded to a better ship so hopefully if pirates come after me to loot my gold again imma kill them this time. A lot of the animals are forgettable but I've found a few entertaining ones, most recently one that looks like a giant comedy hand that hops its way along what can only be described as a worthless life. Finally landing on a planet with giant dinosaur type things will be fun.

Whether it'll get old fast is hard to say, there is a danger that it'll fall into the Assassin's Creed trap of spending hours just finding different locations on a map because it tells you to, but there's also a lot of scope to play the game in completely different ways. I haven't even made the first "story" choice yet, spent the day planet hopping and making money!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Hooray for my skepticism!

Post by zazthespaz »

So looks like everyone is offering a refund for No Man's Sky... Apparently it went from 220,000 people playing it the first week to 15,000 the next.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Hooray for my skepticism!

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote:So looks like everyone is offering a refund for No Man's Sky... Apparently it went from 220,000 people playing it the first week to 15,000 the next.
Can't say I'm surprised. The amount of backlash it got for being over-hyped and under-developed seems worth it to me. They marketed the hell out of the game with nothing but lies and broken promises.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So I've been thinking. You play a certain game for a certain amount of hours and you end up thinking you accomplished nothing at all and you felt like you did not enjoy the time spend playing it whereas you play another game for the same amount of time you felt like you accomplished plenty and enjoyed it.

Watching some of my favorite youtube guys/Twitch guys play the new expansion of WoW (WoWCrendor, Strippin, Jesse Cox) got me thinking. If I was to play 5-7 hours of ranked Hearthstone, I would probably think that at the end of the session, I would feel unaccomplished (especially if I did not climb any ranks) and would be not enjoying the game and be hating life.

However, if I were to play like 5-7 hours of WoW (any expansion, to be honest, even the ones that I didn't play or those that everyone agreed that it sucked), I feel like I would accomplished lots and enjoyed my time playing it. Grind for gold, grind some tokens in PVP Battlegrounds, maybe get an upgrade in gear, maybe complete a raid, etc. Sure, a downside would be wiping a lot in raids, losing a lot in battlegrounds, maybe struck out in terms of finding gear, having to pay a huge repair bill in gold, but I think I rather go through that than play a lot of hours of ranked Hearthstone and feel unaccomplished.

Is this a normal thought to have?

TLDR: I rather be playing WoW than Hearthstone, atm.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Does anyone have video games they remembering buying and thinking to themselves "was this really worth the 60$?" I don't know why I never learned how to or bothered to rent games, but there's probably at least a 1000$ plus of games I've bought in the past on Xbox and Xbox 360 that I ended up trading or selling for cheaper after beating them in a very short amount of time and almost never playing them again.

I guess everyone else is smarter than me though :P Probably know what to expect when they buy the games they buy :P

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^^ Me and my sister played WoW on her account in the span of almost four years (probably spent three of those years actually paying and playing it). Whilst the amount spent is pretty darn steep, I'd say it was worth it in the end. Sure, we destroyed two (probably three) computers and fried our crappy internet in the process, but we had a lot of fun playing it. I got great memories from playing it, and, to this day, even with WoW's ups and downs, I still want to play it.

We didn't quit WoW because it was starting to become a terrible game. We quit due to computers dying and internet connection becoming crappy, and other priorities starting taking place like school and owning a dog. Now, I want to come back, especially with how Legion is getting good praise and people enjoying the leveling content so far.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Does anyone have video games they remembering buying and thinking to themselves "was this really worth the 60$?"
Sometimes I wonder whether I should have bought Diablo 3, especially since I don't play it anymore, but I did get some fun out of it. Still, it was pretty expensive for me at the time.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ