Creed V Wishlist

A place for all Creed discussion.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Creed V Wishlist

Post by Andy92 »

There are a lot of bands going on between the members for sure. I guess I don't mind it because each one brings something different to the table. Creed will never release material like Tremonti's solo album, and Alter Bridge lies somewhere in the middle of those two. I like listening to variety even though it does mean albums will take longer to come out between the individual groups.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

nagpo wrote:
Them Bones wrote:I rather not have a Creed record this year than a rushed Creed record. With the way things stand, if the guys decide to release a Creed record this year, it will most definitely be rushed. Full Circle and ABIII as we know are great examples of rushed records. I don't mind getting an AB album, as long as they give their 100% to a Creed record. I would love to see these guys create something more special than MOP or Human Clay.Weathered and One Day Remains are killer albums too. I'd be happy if the Next Creed record tops these two atleast.
The thing is, they've had plenty of time to record the album. If they weren't focusing on solo carers the album could have been made without being rushed. It seems to me that Creed is not Marks number one priority, unlike Stapp. Seeing as how his solo career has been put to a halt by his own label.

As a Creed fan #1 and an AB fan second, this situation really bothers me. Why bother reuniting if you're not going to put the same drive and passion into it. If you're not going to dedicate 100%, don't bother.

Yeah, they have had plenty of time to put out an album, but it hasn't come out.. This can mean a lot of things. Maybe its not their priority, or record label issues. As a Creed fan first and then an AB fan, I'd want a great Creed album and not just another CD. I don't even remotely like the stuff projected has put out(no offence to any member of the band on this board), All I Was was ok, if AB releases an album early next year, I cant wait to see how these guys pull of a quality album in such a less time. If it only gives the Creed music more time to get better, there shouldn't be a problem, provided they still want to put out new music.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

You know it's funny how people keep talking about them not spending enough time on records. If I remember correctly wasn't Weathered and One Day Remains put together in a relatively short amount of time with the only difference being the guys weren't in other bands.

Rampage24
Bought The CDs

Post by Rampage24 »

I hate to sound bitchy and I might be totally off but I don't even think there will be an album. In very recent interviews Mark doesn't even include Creed in his plans. They will ask something like what are your plans and he will say when we get done with this creed tour, I'm doing a solo tour for a few months and then getting in the studio to record the next alter bridge record in December or January. I know he might just be saying that to get fans excited or something but unless I've missed something, I think this Creed "reunion" is going to blow over. I hope not but we will see.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Rampage24 wrote:I hate to sound bitchy and I might be totally off but I don't even think there will be an album.
Well I won't be disappointed if that actually happen. That "Creed reunion" only gives more doubts about a future of AB, and since Creed is only interested in making money - not about writing good music, they should forsake that project and concentrate on AB.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Dolo, Don't forget that nowadays it isn't just about Creed or AB. While I somewhat agree that if they aren't fully interested in Creed, they should concentrate on AB, but I don't think Myles would ever leave Slash, unless he ended up leaving the music business in total, and Mark seems to be very proud of All I Was and is looking forward to touring for it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Yea, Slash is already talking about doing a second record with Myles and the Conspirators.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

dolo1993 wrote:
Rampage24 wrote:I hate to sound bitchy and I might be totally off but I don't even think there will be an album.
Well I won't be disappointed if that actually happen. That "Creed reunion" only gives more doubts about a future of AB, and since Creed is only interested in making money - not about writing good music, they should forsake that project and concentrate on AB.
Ugh, Creed is not only interested in making money, but I won't deny that it was a factor in the reunion. But Full Circle had some good tracks on it. It was better than All I Was and AB3 atleast.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

BSC wrote:Dolo, Don't forget that nowadays it isn't just about Creed or AB. While I somewhat agree that if they aren't fully interested in Creed, they should concentrate on AB, but I don't think Myles would ever leave Slash, unless he ended up leaving the music business in total, and Mark seems to be very proud of All I Was and is looking forward to touring for it.
Yeah, but I was talking about a "Creedish" side of AB (Mark, Flip, Brian). Even the thing that Mark promotes All I Was is better than bibing money from Creed juding from how better All I Was is than Full Circle. So even if we have AB, Myles/Slash, All I Was and Projected, repulse of Creed project can only give them time to spend on working on some other, more interesting music than forcing themselves to write and make money as Creed.
But Full Circle was better than All I Was and AB3 atleast.
:no
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

nagpo wrote:
dolo1993 wrote:
Ugh, Creed is not only interested in making money, but I won't deny that it was a factor in the reunion. But Full Circle had some good tracks on it. It was better than All I Was and AB3 atleast.
Not really...

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

All I was was completely forgettable. AB3 had a few good songs, but the rest didn't really stick out.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

nagpo wrote:Full Circle was completely forgettable. It had a few good songs, but the rest didn't really stick out.
Fixed
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I wasn't to thrilled about Good Fight for sure.

mac2012
Brand New Start

Post by mac2012 »

I love Good Fight and I just listened to it again for the 100th time! I guess it's just a matter of taste. I love all of Full Circle, AB III and am really liking All I Was. I think it would be best just to support the guys on whatever project they want to work on, cuz they are probably going to do them regardless of what fans like better. They have to do these different projects to be fulfilled musically and to some degree, financially as well. If they just focused on one project, they would really be limiting themselves creatively and there is no guarantee if they worked exclusively on Creed that it would be any better than Full Circle or any other offering the band has produced in the past. :headscratch

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Yeah I liked Full Circle actually, but I wouldn't say it's better than AB III or All I Was. It's probably my least favorite record Mark's been involved in, but it still has some really good songs on it.

Does anyone know how many albums Creed owed Windup under their old contract? Because I thought I remembered rumors that if they did a 4th album, they'd fulfill all contractual obligations to the label. I had a friend tell me that back in 2009 though, I have no idea if there was any validity to it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I remember hearing something like that to. Would be great if Creed got a new label. Maybe under Fret12

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

It's a shot in the dark, but I wondered of part of all this holdup stems back to that lawsuit Mark and Scott had against Windup. That's why I'm interested for Stapp's book to come out to see if he mentions it. I'm wondering if they have intentions to part ways with Windup and they're just keeping it quiet for now. This is just me speculating, but them wanting to get a more secure label before starting any real work on a 5th album would make sense to me.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

He does talk about it. It seems Alan Meltzer took money that should have been used to pay royalties to Mark and Stapp. Apparently, it's millions dollars worth according to Stapp. I believe he was suing Meltzer directly, but I could be wrong. Not sure what this means considering Meltzer passed away.

Stapp also mentioned Windup didn't promote Full Circle to the fullest because they (probably Alan Meltzer) didn't want it succeed commercially. As a result, it would keep the value of Windup down and easier to sale. Meltzer eventually sold it to other Windup executives who are in charge now.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

So if all that's been going on, I don't think it's unreasonable to think label issues have a lot to do with the stalemate of working on new music. Alter Bridge's change from Windup to Universal backed up Blackbird for a full year, and that was their only priority at the time.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

julio wrote:He does talk about it. It seems Alan Meltzer took money that should have been used to pay royalties to Mark and Stapp. Apparently, it's millions dollars worth according to Stapp. I believe he was suing Meltzer directly, but I could be wrong. Not sure what this means considering Meltzer passed away.

Stapp also mentioned Windup didn't promote Full Circle to the fullest because they (probably Alan Meltzer) didn't want it succeed commercially. As a result, it would keep the value of Windup down and easier to sale. Meltzer eventually sold it to other Windup executives who are in charge now.
If you read the bits that are up online it wasn't Meltzer that didn't want to succeed but the people that brought it from him. According to Stapp if Creed's album was huge the price of Wind up would've went up.