Scott with ADTR

A place for all Creed discussion.
tblock96
Brand New Start

Scott with ADTR

Post by tblock96 »

Scott's voice in the first song is really strong, hope he sounds like that a little bit with his new band.

tblock96
Brand New Start

Re: Scott with ADTR

Post by tblock96 »

sorry meant to post this in scott stapp thread

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I wonder what ADTR fans thought of this? I wonder if this was real or some pr stunt?

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

What's really strange is that he was part of the closer along with ADTR for the Alternative Press Music Awards. Creed I guess is alternative now? But what I liked about this is that it showed him as a respected "elder statesman" of rock. And it also showed him in a different type of rock style. Which is good because it prepares us for AoA. I don't know what the original song sounds like because I've never heard ADTR's music before, but stapp kinda sounded like he fit in - his voice was fierce. But man, I loved how the entire atmosphere changed when they played Higher. The room loved it. And the band played it well too.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Damn Stapp souds freaking amazing. :O

But of course he HAD to sing a Creed song. :slam :slam

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I facepalmed so hard when they stopped playing the first song and started playing Higher. He sounded so good on the first song...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Anybody got a direct feed vid from the actual show and not from a fan?

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Timotheus wrote:I facepalmed so hard when they stopped playing the first song and started playing Higher. He sounded so good on the first song...
They should have just played a couple songs instead of cutting that one off bc he was killing it! Or had the other singer come in during higher, missed oppurtunities man.
Thanks Timo!

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

Wouldn't call it a missed opportunity. Very good performance of the ADTR song and then a reminder for the audience that Creed's not dead.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Never thought I'd hear Scott sing an ADTR song lol, but I thought he sounded pretty good with it honestly. Makes me wish he'd form a band that had a more modern sound instead of one of members from STP, but it is what it is.

ADTR is a great live band too, worth checking it if you've never seen them.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

rockmusic4ever
Brand New Start

Post by rockmusic4ever »

nagpo wrote:Anybody got a direct feed vid from the actual show and not from a fan?
https://www.twitch.tv/amazonmusic/v/78935813

You can go to Amazon Music's Twitch account and it shows the entire rebroadcast of the APMAs, I believe it expires tonight or tomorrow night though. A Day To Remember/Scott Stapp is at 04:34:00.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

thanks. he was even better in the direct feed.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Man.

Stapp needs to cut the weird forced Jesus stuff and just be a rockstar. He's good at it. Stapp killed it, in my opinion.

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

Cool video... I don't know ADTR so when i clicked it I was like wtf this isnt Higher. So then I thought the ADTR song was called Higher and I thought well isn't that strange. Anyways the band sounded good playing Higher, although they did skip the best part of the song IMO (the "up high" part).

Anyways it made me go and look up a good performance of Higher from the 2009 DVD - The explosion at the beginning and Tremonti's pinch harmonic squeals are great, especially at 1:26. And I especially love the little breakdown improv lick at 4:08 - when he lands it he just smiles like fuck yeah....maybe even impressed himself a little bit. One of my favorite Tremonti moments.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

For a few seconds, it felt like watching the 2000 Stapp. He showed passion and intensity, but if i'm being honest, his voice showed signs of weakness very soon afterwards. It's probably due to the fact that he didn't warm up, so it's no big deal.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Vaux wrote:Cool video... I don't know ADTR so when i clicked it I was like wtf this isnt Higher. So then I thought the ADTR song was called Higher and I thought well isn't that strange. Anyways the band sounded good playing Higher, although they did skip the best part of the song IMO (the "up high" part).

Anyways it made me go and look up a good performance of Higher from the 2009 DVD - The explosion at the beginning and Tremonti's pinch harmonic squeals are great, especially at 1:26. And I especially love the little breakdown improv lick at 4:08 - when he lands it he just smiles like fuck yeah....maybe even impressed himself a little bit. One of my favorite Tremonti moments.

Scott's vocal and overall performance in this made me facepalm so hard.