Alter Bridge Summer Tour '16

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AHart96
Rise Today

Re: Alter Bridge Summer Tour '16

Post by AHart96 »

For those who went to the listening party, did Myles sing like this during the concert? I only ask because a lot of people said he sounded great
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

alterchris
TABN.com Citizen

Post by alterchris »

Yeah I just watched both vids and I had to listen a couple times. I thought he was singing in a different language at one point... really weird. I wonder if enunciating the As in those words is hurting his throat somehow. Really strange
Last edited by alterchris on Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

AHart96 wrote:For those who went to the listening party, did Myles sing like this during the concert? I only ask because a lot of people said he sounded great
He sounded perfect at the LP and that's not just me being fanboy. I mean he was flawless on stage. Every lyric was enunciated just right. He sang and held every note, including at the end of Find The Real that he just nailed perfectly. The vocals on the album sounded beautiful, too.

I wonder if there's something weird about how the audio was recorded. I don't know if that kind of thing is possible, and it sounds the same from a video taken from a different location in the amphitheater. Words sound like "eeee" so often it's hard to believe that was intentional or an accurate house mix.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Blackbird:

Same song, same concert, different seats, sounds exactly the same. I wish that wasn't the case.
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: Elter Breedge Seemmer Tour '16

Post by gbruin »

Yeah, those are the two I listened to. So weird.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I wonder if he's just bored on stage then (or the tinnitus theory). And he just kinda plays with the words because of it

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Remember how he sang the chorus of The Dissident??
Thanks Timo!

mycarhasabs
Brand New Start

Post by mycarhasabs »

One Drew Remains wrote: (Although I do think Mark is WAY better... no disrespect to Donnegan).

^^^^ I agree with that 10 fold. When I was really heavy into playing guitar, I used to partially judge another guitar players' skill by how easily I could learn their material and play it like them. Dan's material isn't hard to play, it's just meticulous at times. Mark's on the other hand, even if I knew the notes by heart, it's his style that is just so hard to duplicate. A great example by this is the opening to Ties That Bind. I think I sat down one afternoon listening to the opening on repeat with tabs in front of me and after about an hour I was like **** it.

mycarhasabs
Brand New Start

Post by mycarhasabs »

AHart96 wrote:Blackbird:

Same song, same concert, different seats, sounds exactly the same. I wish that wasn't the case.
I'm honestly not sure what I'm supposed to be hearing.

EDIT: ohhhhh, now I hear it. "feeend ur weeeee". Uhm, no idea why's singing it that way. Maybe being the openers they get short changed on sound check equipment?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Never turn a wee. I think it might be because he can't hear himself properly indeed. The EE sound probably comes more natural to him.

Love the extra guitar part Myles added during the "this is not the end" part.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Krissie
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Krissie »

I'm pretty weirded out by the pronunciation too. Is it a technical problem? Is it related to his tinnitus? I don't really know what to think, because as others have mentioned, he did this during the Dissident for the better part of the WoF tour (though not always). I haven't noticed weirdness in any other songs. I hope they can solve the issue.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Here's an idea. Surely Disturbed and Breaking Benjamin have a forum with atleast a tour thread like we do. Someone make an account and ask the tour thread what they thought of Alter Bridge. To get an outsider perspective of what people think.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ I could do something like that. Heck, I joined a Dream Theater forum, because I wanted to know what people think of AB after Mark and Myles met up with James Labrie and John Petrucci in England and stuck around there since then.

That stated, I'm going to pass on that, since I just don't feel like joining a new forum nowadays.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I don't want to do that until Myles can pronounce words correctly so they know what the lyrics are

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Both don't have active forums. I took a look at the reddit pages of both bands and this was the only Alter Bridge related comment I could find: "All in all I thought it awesome, though the crowd was a bit disappointing for Alter Bridge's amazing performance..."
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I've just heard the vocal alterations Myles is making live and all I can suggest is he's preserving his throat by doing it.. He wont have to open his throat up as much by doing it

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Seated rock concerts are the dumbest thing ever btw.

Oh, and Mark puts a little too much distortion into the picked parts of Blackbird, at least for my taste.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Mr. Slash wrote:Oh, and Mark puts a little too much distortion into the picked parts of Blackbird, at least for my taste.
Ooh I was going to mention this. Seems like Mark's new rig precludes him from producing a totally clean sound now that the Fender Twins are gone.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

abw1987 wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:Oh, and Mark puts a little too much distortion into the picked parts of Blackbird, at least for my taste.
Ooh I was going to mention this. Seems like Mark's new rig precludes him from producing a totally clean sound now that the Fender Twins are gone.
Which is pretty weird. I mean that crunchy sound is cool aswell, but a total clean sound is everything but redundant.

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

abw1987 wrote:
I would assume they are gone for the run with Disturbed and BB. The less rig they have to carry the better. They are only playing like 5 songs so it doesn't make sense to carry that much baggage.