Alter Bridge Summer Tour '16

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Alter Bridge Summer Tour '16

Post by anguyen92 »

Again, it's not all bad in the states for AB headlining shows. Tickets are more cheaper and more attainable and I don't have to worry about trying to fit in with a "casual" crowd that only knows the "hits".

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

AB4Lyfe wrote:The US sucks for rock concerts, compared to other places. If you go to Europe, they're better. If you go to Asia, it's outstanding. If you go to South America, holy fuck...
This. This is true. Esp the holy fuck... part.

And welcome, WaywardOne! :wave
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

mycarhasabs
Brand New Start

Post by mycarhasabs »

Dolo wrote:Well, regarding the Myles' 'boredom', I've seen them once in Poland, at a gig which got a couple of tweets and Facebook posts because of how awesome it was. The audience were absolutely outstanding and the guys enjoyed the gig as much as we did. So juding from how the audience were reacting at the discussed show and the way AB approached it, a lot depends on the attendance.

I could see this playing true. From what I could see from the front of the lawn, the crowd in the pit just wasn't getting into it. I could also see a performer like Myles not feeling the need to get heavily into it when the crowd isn't helping, especially playing the same stuff over and over and over. But..... I'm no vocalist or front man but I'd imagine that's kinda part of the job. You're going to be playing your own stuff night after night after night after night. You have to know that's part of the gig and it's also your job to get past the repetition and pretend like these folks have never heard you play before, each and every night. Or..idk, maybe there was off stage crap going on between crew or something that we don't know about. Maybe they were told to rush it or something. Just reporting what I saw from my angle. But, like the other guy said on page 5, he may have been perfectly content up there and many of us are just imagining things.

Ironically though, I swear I saw more AB shirts than BB shirts. Most were Disturbed of course but next most popular shirt was AB.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Let's look at this from another perspective. Andy, when you read this message, when you saw Sevendust (who was the opening band and also played 30-35 min.) at the Breaking Benjamin/Shinedown show, how did they play and how did the crowd react to them?

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

mycarhasabs wrote: I could see this playing true. From what I could see from the front of the lawn, the crowd in the pit just wasn't getting into it. I could also see a performer like Myles not feeling the need to get heavily into it when the crowd isn't helping, especially playing the same stuff over and over and over. But..... I'm no vocalist or front man but I'd imagine that's kinda part of the job. You're going to be playing your own stuff night after night after night after night. You have to know that's part of the gig and it's also your job to get past the repetition and pretend like these folks have never heard you play before, each and every night. Or..idk, maybe there was off stage crap going on between crew or something that we don't know about. Maybe they were told to rush it or something. Just reporting what I saw from my angle. But, like the other guy said on page 5, he may have been perfectly content up there and many of us are just imagining things.

Ironically though, I swear I saw more AB shirts than BB shirts. Most were Disturbed of course but next most popular shirt was AB.

Yeah, maybe some of you guys are just overreacting, because Myles might have had a bad day or something.
I've seen many times on TV in Poland that pop artists would go crazy with the crowd even if it consists of people 50-60+ which are not really energetic. It depends on the artist obviously, and the range of the show. Myles definitely wasn't looking bored on Live from Amsterdam or at Wembley.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

anguyen92 wrote:Let's look at this from another perspective. Andy, when you read this message, when you saw Sevendust (who was the opening band and also played 30-35 min.) at the Breaking Benjamin/Shinedown show, how did they play and how did the crowd react to them?
The crowd was average for Sevendust. Breaking Benjamin seemed to get the best response of the night (but Shinedown plays in that city fairly often whereas Breaking Benjamin hadn't been there in around 10 years; the crowd was stoked to have them). Lajon and the rest of the band brought their usual energy to the show, but their crowd response was just average. But I think that was partly because they were the heaviest band of the night, and the overall crowd was more into the style of music Shinedown and Breaking Benjamin brought. I thought the best reaction to Sevendust was during Angel's Son since they dedicated it to the people lost in the Paris attacks. You could hear the crowd singing along to the chorus of that one.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I know this was a couple of pages ago, but cheesedip, yes I was referring to Stricken. When Isolation came out, alot of us on here were like, "man that sounds like Disturbed." So it was a surreal second or two when I saw Disturbed's guitarist watching Tremonti perform, lol. (Although I do think Mark is WAY better... no disrespect to Donnegan).
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I have to try really hard to hear a resemblance between those riffs. I can vaguely hear where you're coming from. They're both drop D riffs in the same key with some kind of descending pattern throughout, but the rhythm is completely different.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Oh yeah, the rhythem is different. But they have many similarities. No big deal. Just thought it was funny.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssKev4gH-Ck - Blackbird from last night... "Black bird fly aweeeeeeeeeee"

He's singing some of these words so weirdly.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

holy shit i just heard what people are talking about. Why in the absolute hell is he pronouncing the words that way? It sounds downright silly. "Let the weeeeendddd ceeeryy ya haaaaaa-omeeee. Back-bowwwww fleee aweeey"

Make it stop I couldn't even finish the video. Can he not hear himself?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AllC392Was wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssKev4gH-Ck - Blackbird from last night... "Black bird fly aweeeeeeeeeee"

He's singing some of these words so weirdly.
Am I the only one who can still hear him say the word "away"? If you focus hard enough on the individual words and sounds he's not saying aweee. And I'm pretty sure the guys would let him know :)

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

No, he's literally sounding every word weird. Its not just "aweeeyyyy"

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Oh well. It is what it is. We dont know why he's doing it and probably wont know. Nobody is ever going to tell the dude "hey, Myles, your word pronunciation is weird now, what happened?" So if it continues or not we just have to deal I guess.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Does the new album sound like this? Anyone at the LP?
Altered:

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard. Maybe he lost a bet. Did it in a Cry of Achilles vid I just saw too.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

It could be his tinnitus couldnt it? I just did a quick google to see if tinnitus could affect speech sometimes and I think I saw some stuff that said it could...but he's never had this problem until this tour so maybe thats not the case either....

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I can't even finish the videos its so blatant.

Like it doesn't just SOUND like he's pronouncing words that way... he actually is actively trying to. Which is why I wonder if he can hear himself or not. Because that sounds hideous

Or he's conserving energy during these opening shows. Because in that Cry of Achilles video he looks and sounds pretty uncaring on most of his notes.

But he 100% is saying "aweeeeeeyyyy" and whenever he sounds a "iiiii"/"eyyyyy" sound, as well as an "awwww" sound, it sounds pretty bad. Very, very nasally. "Cro-ing awwwt" and "Don't close your aaawwzzzzzzz"

I haven't heard him sound this bad in quite a while.
Last edited by AB23 on Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Does kind of lessen Blackbird's ambience when Myles declares that he "hopes you find your wee".
For all of the hope that it brings...

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:It could be his tinnitus couldnt it? I just did a quick google to see if tinnitus could affect speech sometimes and I think I saw some stuff that said it could...but he's never had this problem until this tour so maybe thats not the case either....
he has had problems with it in the past though. That's one of the reasons he began using the left mic, and I've seen him live on several occasions fiddling around with his ear, either fiddling with his hearing aid thing or cupping his hand to drown out the crowd/mic noise better.

It could very well be that he can't hear himself. But its pretty quiet there with the crowd, so maybe they got a different set up or something and he's not used to it. Whatever it is, its not good