Alter Bridge Summer Tour '16

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Alter Bridge Summer Tour '16

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, as for the dead crowd, let's see it this way. Let's be real honest. For the UK and Europe shows, how did the overall crowd reacted to bands like Halestorm, Black Stone Cherry, and Shinedown and the likes when Alter Bridge was in the headlining slot? Most likely, it would probably be similar to what we saw in the videos of AB's set yesterday. The crowd would try to feign interest, maybe get the hands together if Myles asked for it, politely applaud at the end of the song, etc. Honestly, there is only so much AB can do in 30-35 minutes in front of people where the majority are really not there to see them, they are there to see Disturbed and Breaking Benjamin.

All I ask for is that AB plays great and if a good amount of the crowd went home, actually looked up AB on the internet because they like what they hear at the show, and really like what they hear and have a good interest in the upcoming album, (and maybe a really few minority somehow bought one of their albums), that's probably as great success as AB is going to get for this tour. Their overall objective for this tour is to try to promote themselves for 30-35 minutes.

As much as this amphitheater tour is a great promotion opportunity for the band, would I like to see them play the same amount of shows in front of 1,500 people where the crowds is more invested in AB and AB plays more songs? Of course, but it would not really score them new fans that way. Outside of "some of the band members are the guys from Creed," the lead singer is in Slash's solo band, and they are the band that played Edge's theme song, they got to find another outlet to get fans in this day and age so I'm glad they are on this tour at the risk of having dead crowds.

It's just the reality of how things are for rock and for AB in the states.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

AllC392Was wrote:
LOL at Myles trying to get the audience to say "Isolation," near the 3:16 mark. Both Brian and Flip laughed at Myles' attempt to get the audience involved. Sums up being an opener.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

One Drew Remains wrote:Couldn't help but notice Disturbed's Dan Donegan watching from stage right on that CTL vid. Maybe he was watching how Mark ripped him off for Isolation, lol.
What song would that be?

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

anguyen92 wrote:
AllC392Was wrote:Myles is like I could be playing with Slash for people who give a shit lol
Funny you think he thinks that way, since from what I've obseved, people looks like they care about hearing the gnr songs than anything else from slash's solo stuff
Nailed it. He's a novelty act

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

The dodgy camera work in that Isolation video made me wanna vomit up my cup of tea

Also, Myles sounds bad-fuckin-ass!

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Aw man, super painful to watch with no singalong there. It's ok though, he took it in stride and got some good crowd participation a little after the 2 min mark.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Well shit, that's gonna be 4 am here...do you know if it will be recorded?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I think that's a fake stream. I seen that sort of stuff a lot in youtube. The description is telling you to click on stuff that looks pretty fuzzy to me.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

cheesedip1 wrote:
One Drew Remains wrote:Couldn't help but notice Disturbed's Dan Donegan watching from stage right on that CTL vid. Maybe he was watching how Mark ripped him off for Isolation, lol.
What song would that be?
Stricken?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

anguyen92 wrote:I think that's a fake stream. I seen that sort of stuff a lot in youtube. The description is telling you to click on stuff that looks pretty fuzzy to me.
Yeah i think I just tweaked on that one too... Will delete that

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Has anyone bought VIP after or separately from their ticket?
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Here's the setlist in Virginia, if it is true. Addicted to Pain is the opener again, no Come To Life or Isolation, but in its place is Farther Than the Sun and Find the Real.

Addicted to Pain
Find the Real
Farther Than the Sun
Blackbird
Cry of Achilles
Rise Today

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alter-bri ... fdf42.html

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I think that FTR is a pretty lousy song to pick from ODR... if you're gonna pick any at all.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

julio wrote:LOL at Myles trying to get the audience to say "Isolation," near the 3:16 mark. Both Brian and Flip laughed at Myles' attempt to get the audience involved. Sums up being an opener.
Hahaha, I didn't catch Brian's cheeky glance at Flip before. Also it actually caught me off guard to not hear the crowd sing along with "and don't forget we're here to stay" during "Come to Life".

anguyen92 wrote:Here's the setlist in Virginia, if it is true. Addicted to Pain is the opener again, no Come To Life or Isolation, but in its place is Farther Than the Sun and Find the Real.

Addicted to Pain
Find the Real
Farther Than the Sun
Blackbird
Cry of Achilles
Rise Today
Still a decent set list given the short time slot. Hopefully "Farther than the Sun" got the crowd moving a little!

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

gbruin wrote:Has anyone bought VIP after or separately from their ticket?
We are for Hartford.

Sunrunner1
Bought The CDs

Post by Sunrunner1 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Addicted To Pain
Anyone else notice the "too addicted to feece" slip-up in the last chorus on this one? I know people mentioned Myles seemed to be having a case of the ee's, but I honestly didn't see that one coming. :lol
Destination Unknown...
We're Lost, But Not Alone

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Dolo wrote:
cheesedip1 wrote:
What song would that be?
Stricken?
It sounds simi-LAR. huh

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

On which song does Mark try to involve the crowd, and Myles looks at him with a WTF LOL face ?

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I think that was @ the listening prty
Thanks Timo!

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

My mistake.