The Official STONE SOUR Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

The Official STONE SOUR Thread

Post by Andy92 »

These guys are working on a new double album right now. Part 1 will be coming out in October of this year, and Part 2 will come out sometime in 2013.

The album is titled 'House of Gold and Bones.'

Post all about Stone Sour here!
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

devv88
Isolated

Re: The Official STONE SOUR Thread

Post by devv88 »

Excited for this one. Last album was very solid.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Aye looking forward to it
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Decay

Post by Decay »

Here's Corey performing a new song ''Taciturn'' from Stone Sour's upcoming record. Really love this, can't wait to hear the album version. Really excited for their new record, I was a huge fan of Audio Secrecy, it's my all time favorite Stone Sour album.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/8dqW5WHPZgc[/youtube]

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

Was thinking of starting this thread - can't wait until October, this album is probably my most anticipated one of the year (except maybe Tremonti). Slipknot were one of my favourite bands for a long time but I never really listened to Stone Sour for some reason (even though they were closer to my type of music). I only listened to them after Audio Secrecy came out and only really got into that album after a few months, but I love it and Come What(ever) May. I haven't really listened to the debut yet.

When he first said it was going to be a double album I thought more along the lines of a 2 CD release, which made me even more excited for it. But it will be good to get something from them two years in a row as well.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Goin' heavy! I love it! :headbang

[youtube]http://youtu.be/G2UFag0zwzg[/youtube]

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Meh, they've done much better, hope the other songs are better than this.

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

Is that the new single? Because I looked at the title and it sounded like the poor man's '30/30-150.' Still looking forward to the album regardless.

Midnight-FistFight
Brand New Start

Post by Midnight-FistFight »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/y1aikxaVCJk[/youtube]

Decay

Post by Decay »

Fucking awesome! I nearly shit myself!

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

RU486 is the name of a chemical used to cause abortions, if I remember right. I assume that was an unauthorised leak that was posted? The sound quality was pretty poor, more like a demo or something, and I hoped they didn't deliberately try to sound like that and that it was just a bad quality stream.

The actual new singles sound pretty great though. Only given them one listen so don't have anything much more detailed than that to say about them - Gone Sovereign is really interesting and gets pretty heavy, and Absolute Zero just sounds like a really great song of the type I've come to expect of them.

Love the cover for the single, and the one for the album looks good too. Really like the idea to release these two songs as the single, and the way they're giving out info and everything - and with the new songs sounding great I'm really looking forward to this album.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Yeah the first video was from a leak. I think the band had it uploaded to their soundcloud page and someone got a hold of it. I think it was supposed to be private.

But as far as the official releases, those two songs remind me of a blend between Come What(ever) May and Audio Secrecy. They're really heavy in the verses, intros, and outros, but the choruses still have pretty good melodies to them. I'm going to try to not overplay the songs and wait for the full album to soak it all in, but overall I'm pleased with how the new stuff is sounding.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Yeah these 2 songs are much better than the other one that was posted.

Decay

Post by Decay »

I really love this song, but the video is just shitty. Hope the video for Absolute Zero is better.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Tm-yNBwhC3o[/youtube]

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Not too much longer till the new release...getting pretty excited to hear it.

~Fallen Angel~
TABN.com Citizen

Post by ~Fallen Angel~ »

Hell, i'm still listening to the las cd! I LOVE LOVE LOVE say you'll haunt me! Great tune.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Sounds a lot like Slipknot but damn it's good! Excited for HOGB

[youtube]http://youtu.be/ZBPpLYSNphM[/youtube]

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

New album is streaming now in certain countries. Anyone listened to it yet?

Decay

Post by Decay »

Yes, I did. I think the album's pure perfection, I love the balance between the heavy and soft stuff. Some of the stuff on the new album is a lot heavier than anything they've ever done.

Favorite songs: Absolute Zero, Taciturn, The Travellers Part 1 & 2, Tired, A Rumor Of Skin, etc. I love 'em all. Oh yeah, RU486 definitely has a Slipknot vibe. Heavy as fuck.

All in all 10/10 for House Of Gold & Bones Part 1. Excited as fuck for the part 2.

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

Yeah I've been listening to it for a couple of days now. Bands often seem to say the next album is "heavier", "darker", "different", in this case it is true. The whole album flows well and is a great experience from start to finish - the only thing is after the last track ended my first thought was that I was looking forward to part 2. Which is good, since it shows the album did it's job, but it does leave me wanting more. It's only 43 minutes or so, and since I've been listening to the first 8 minutes of it a lot for the past couple of months it's really only half an hour or so of new music. I doubt that will be a problem for anyone here since I often see complaints about albums being "too long", and it definitely makes the album very focused and a great listen all at once.

RU486 does sound like it could be from Slipknot as said, probably the most aggressive Stone Sour track I've heard.

After my first couple of listens Tired is prossibly my favourite song. I've been enjoying Absolute Zero since it came out and it's probably one of the best, and A Rumor Of Skin is another really solid song - slower and heavier, but it still has a really catchy chorus. Influence Of A Drousy God is really cool, it could easily have been my favourite but I probably need a few more listens to appreciate its chorus as much. And Taciturn is a great ballad. Really though it is the type of album that really benefits from being listened to in full, which is probably obvious considering it's a concept album. The songs often have great transitions between them, and songs like The Travellers really need to be heard in context. Was surprised that Last Of The Real was a very heavy song, and it had an abrupt ending.

So yeah, initial impression is that I'm thoroughly impressed with it. Hard for me to compare how it stands next to Come What(ever) May and Audio Secrecy, since with those you have 17 or 18 songs once you factor in the bonus tracks. I fully expect Part 1 and 2 collectively to blow them out of the water though, if the first part is anything to go by.
Last edited by RuRo on Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.