The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by Mr. Slash »

Stapp really needs to write new songs. I'm so bored by his Creed covers by now.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

Mr. Slash wrote:Stapp really needs to write new songs. I'm so bored by his Creed covers by now.
I was thinking the same thing. I'm not trying to hate on the guy but I have to agree with what you said. I can understand and I respect that he feels like he needs to carry the flag for Creed while the other guys are off working on their respective projects but when I start to think about it for a second all I ever hear from him are Creed songs, I never hear him playing one of his original songs from his solo albums. Yes the argument can be made that the Creed songs are better known but by the same token how does he ever want to gain exposure and become known as a solo artist if he doesn't play the songs from his solo albums. It really is becoming boring because the songs that he played were each over a decade old, I think at that point you can call it living on past accolades quite blatantly

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

The funny thing is before each tour, Stapp will ask on social media what songs fans to hear.
But he's been playing almost the same setlist for years.
Creed had a few album tracks that he could have fun singing (Never Die, Weathered come to mind), instead of playing the same old hits each night.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Well, do most of the fans reply with My Sacrifice and such? :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Scott was on a Billboard podcast recently :
http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... rs-podcast

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

He seems very composed these days, which is a good thing.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

chtimixeur wrote:Scott was on a Billboard podcast recently :
http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... rs-podcast
thanks for posting this

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Honestly Jesus was a Rockstar would have been ok if they just changed the dumb lyrics.

Not to get into a religious argument here, but i doubt that's how Jesus would even want to be seen as. He's a pretty humble guy.

If he arrived on earth, and someone called him a rockstar', he probably would just say:

"Why do you call me that? I am no different from you. For we are all brothers and sisters, who the Father loves very much."

Humble dude.

"Rockstar". It's just a dumb phrase. Just cuz you are famous or a famous musician doesn't automatically make you a better person, in a certain context.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

cheesedip1 wrote:Honestly Jesus was a Rockstar would have been ok if they just changed the dumb lyrics.

Not to get into a religious argument here, but i doubt that's how Jesus would even want to be seen as. He's a pretty humble guy.

If he arrived on earth, and someone called him a rockstar', he probably would just say:

"Why do you call me that? I am no different from you. For we are all brothers and sisters, who the Father loves very much."

Humble dude.

"Rockstar". It's just a dumb phrase. Just cuz you are famous or a famous musician doesn't automatically make you a better person, in a certain context.
jesus christ....

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

Someone just rented Stapp's old house in Miami for $50,000 a month... which one of you was it?

http://miami.curbed.com/2016/6/15/11946 ... cott-stapp

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Vaux wrote:Someone just rented Stapp's old house in Miami for $50,000 a month... which one of you was it?

http://miami.curbed.com/2016/6/15/11946 ... cott-stapp

It looks nice, but I really would have no use for pools or SIX bathrooms.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Is that the one he shot up?

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

The art of Anarchy album is scheduled for March 2017, and the first single should be released in October :
https://youtu.be/4wPpl2pckMg?t=2m45s

Here's a recent live video with a few songs excerpts :

He's more off key than usual.

AlterBlade
White Knuckled

Post by AlterBlade »

Abit off, but What If and Faceless Man, and One sounded really great, hopeful to say. Better than his solo stuff. Wonder why he sings so much differently for the solo stuff..
I still live.... #2024
Vote: AlterBlade

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Six bathrooms, and he wonders why he's broke.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

One Drew Remains wrote:Six bathrooms, and he wonders why he's broke.
That's what I was thinking too. Dont count your chickens before they hatch.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Decent WAWO performance at Fox & Friends, with a good sound :

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

The bass is pretty quiet. Btw, since logos are a hot topic on this forum, i like the one Stapp has right now.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

I really don't want to sound like a dick but why is he always playing the same damn songs? I know he is the lead singer of Creed and that is what he is known for but from my perspective it really puts off a strong vibe that he is living in the past and living off of past accolades. Why doesn't he ever use the television appearances as an opportunity to play newer music? Surely any reasonable person can see that he would have a massive benefit from doing that, he'd be able to expose his new music to everybody watching that particular performance on TV and holy shit it might do something really stupid like promote record sales

I don't know why I'm taking the time to say this I think just seeing that video made me start thinking he is in his solo band on a solo tour and every damn performance you see him give that is on any kind of platform such as TV or radio is always a fucking Creed song it's almost like he deliberately goes out his way to not expose his new music

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

TremontiFan4Life wrote:I really don't want to sound like a dick but why is he always playing the same damn songs?
The answer is simple - they're his most popular songs, they're the songs that a wide audience wants to hear. Nobody cares about his solo material. I'm not sure nowadays that Stapp even wants to have a decent solo career, I think he just wants to fly the Creed flag. He's the only person keeping Creed alive and I think he enjoys it.