The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
Tom
Jim's Brother

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Tom »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Tom wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Tom wrote:so i made a few more sigs.. i added them to my sig thread over on the images/media section! go check 'em out
I don't see any new sigs! :headscratch :shrug
there's 5 new ones!? they're all there on my account? :S
I'm just kidding with ya, Tom! Still would make the most sense to put the most recent at the top! ;) :lol

All I see is Betray Me and the one you're wearing :shrug Unless I go to your photobucket.
fuck sake, there should be about 40 on there.. lemme have a lil look again

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

cheesedip1 wrote:
Ryan wrote:All a bunch of youngins..
How old are you, Ryan, if you don't mind me asking?

:lol just kidding. I'm 34.
Photobucket cash grab.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: Wisdom. I have wisdom, damnit.

Post by gbruin »

Child.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Poor Gorilla.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

He was reaching for his piece.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Violent Corpse wrote:Poor Gorilla.
For fucks sake. It's bad enough he was in the zoo to begin with. Now because of poor parenting and supervision a kid gets into the area and a gorilla in his prime now has to be shot. Fucking stupid. I wish the kid got hurt or at least traumatized and his mom too while we're at it. And the whole "we couldn't tranquilize it at the risk of harming the safety of the child" shit is ridiculous too, IMO.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
For fucks sake. It's bad enough he was in the zoo to begin with. Now because of poor parenting and supervision a kid gets into the area and a gorilla in his prime now has to be shot. Fucking stupid. I wish the kid got hurt or at least traumatized and his mom too while we're at it. And the whole "we couldn't tranquilize it at the risk of harming the safety of the child" shit is ridiculous too, IMO.
It's an awful thing that happened, but I don't think it's fair to blame the child or the parents. I did fucking stupid things when I was a kid, and I have the best parents in the world. You can blame the zoo that this was able to happen and that they misread the situation and made the wrong decision by shooting the gorilla, but wishing the kid got hurt or traumatized? Come on...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Timotheus wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
It's an awful thing that happened, but I don't think it's fair to blame the child or the parents. I did fucking stupid things when I was a kid, and I have the best parents in the world. You can blame the zoo that this was able to happen and that they misread the situation and made the wrong decision by shooting the gorilla, but wishing the kid got hurt or traumatized? Come on...
I'll admit I'm a terrible person when it comes to human empathy and sympathy but in any situation of animal abuse or violence or death at the cause of human intervention, I say the humans involved should be hurt just as bad as the animal was. Maybe it's a bit extreme, I'll admit, but I still stand by my statement.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Yea, when it's done on purpose. Accidents can happen and in this case I think it's more fair to blame the zoo that this accident was able to happen. I'm not saying I'm having friendly feelings towards the kid and his parents, but all this online hate is over the top.

Are you a vegetarian, by the way?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Timotheus wrote:Yea, when it's done on purpose. Accidents can happen and in this case I think it's more fair to blame the zoo that this accident was able to happen. I'm not saying I'm having friendly feelings towards the kid and his parents, but all this online hate is over the top.

Are you a vegetarian, by the way?
Fair enough.

If if I tell you I am does that justify my hatred towards animal death and abuse but If I tell you I am not does that make it seem like I'm a massive hypocrite?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Well, not a hypocrite. Just trying to put things in perspective.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Timotheus wrote:Well, not a hypocrite. Just trying to put things in perspective.
Here's my perspective then.

No, I am not a vegetarian.

I eat Meat, Veggies, Fruit, Dairy, Bread, etc.

I only eat the basic meats supplied in supermarkets, Beef, Chicken, Pork, Sausage, Salmon, etc.

I DO NOT eat any other type of meat such as the more exotic types (Dog, Cat, Horse, what-have-you) That other cultures seem to think it's perfectly okay to eat. That's where I draw the line and usually get pissed off when I hear about people eating them. Especially dogs.

Even if this isn't exactly what you asked, I'm just trying to help with the perspective I guess :shrug

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

No, I know what you mean. I have a friend who's a vegetarian, and we often argue about it, because that's what we do (wuut, Timo loves arguing??). I notice that the more we talk about it, the more I agree with her, so I'm kinda in this phase where I feel kinda guilty about eating meat, but stopping would be so impractical. So yea, hypocrite here as well ;) Definitely something I'm still undecided about though.

Is horse meat so rare in the US? I remember eating it as a kid. I haven't eaten it in years, and I don't remember seeing it in a while, so maybe it's rare here too...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Timotheus wrote:No, I know what you mean. I have a friend who's a vegetarian, and we often argue about it, because that's what we do (wuut, Timo loves arguing??). I notice that the more we talk about it, the more I agree with her, so I'm kinda in this phase where I feel kinda guilty about eating meat, but stopping would be so impractical. So yea, hypocrite here as well ;) Definitely something I'm still undecided about though.

Is horse meat so rare in the US? I remember eating it as a kid. I haven't eaten it in years, and I don't remember seeing it in a while, so maybe it's rare here too...
No surprise there ;) And that's how I sometimes feel as well, but my excuse is the animal is dead already so can't stop it from already being dead :shrug

Personally, I wouldn't know as I'm Canadian remember! :P But I'd hope it's rare.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Timotheus wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
That was a tad over the top. I agree with Timotheus. It was a bad thing to have happened, and you can not blame a child so small for acting stupid, but I do believe some blame lies on the parents. I don't wish them to be dead, though. But they should have been more careful.

I also agree that tranquilizers may not have been a good idea. But the Gorilla-keeper should have tried to get the child back to safety, before deciding to kill it. This gets even worse when you consider that the kid was in there with the gorilla for over 10 minutes and was still alright and in one piece. I understand that in situations like these, your instincts don't really allow you to think it over and make the best possible decision, but they had 10 whole minutes with evidence that the kid is still fine with the Gorilla, and from its behavior, it could well be understood that it does not intend any harm. It is sad that none of this was considered in spite of the fact that they took some time to come to a decision. I would have given the zoo some slack if they had shot it in an quick knee-jerk reaction, because that can at least be explained from a psychological perspective. But for what actually happened, there is no excuse.
We have become such a trigger-happy society...

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

About vegetarianism, I am not a vegetarian myself. I love meat. But I won't deny that it is an ethically superior position. I am very serious about animal welfare, though, and believe that all animals used for their meat should be provided a comfortable and healthy life and killed in the most peaceful way possible. This still doesn't make it right, but it makes it somewhat more acceptable than how things go in the meat industry in many parts of the world.

I make myself feel better about eating meat by thinking about the fact that most of these animals would never be born in the first place if the meat demand wasn't so high. They get to experience life a little, at the very least. But of course this means nothing if all they do is suffer throughout. That is unacceptable whether you're a vegetarian or not.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Mmmmm. Steak.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Human lives are more important that the lives of animals. I hate that the gorilla was shot, but they didn't have much of a choice. This story would have been far more outrageous if the final outcome was "zoo keepers and crowd stands by watching a gorilla kill a 4 year old child."
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Andy92 wrote:Human lives are more important that the lives of animals.
Completely disagree with you on that. Animals are much more important to this world than humans are. I'd save the lives of 10 animals before the life of 1 human.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I don't think anyone should judge the situation until they know exactly what happened. All we know is that the kid expressed a desire to go into the exhibit and he slipped down into it. We don't know where his mom was, what she was saying, what she was focusing on, etc. A reasonable parent would believe that there's no way her child could fall into any exhibit at the zoo because the management has taken appropriate precautions to prevent curious visitors from doing so. Which leads me to my main point...

I've yet to hear one thing about the zoo making the exhibit accessible to small children. That's pretty indisputed. The child slipped past and fell into it. There's no way a child should be able to enter any of the exhibits, especially considering that they would be the most likely people to wish to do so. All we've heard on the news is the negligence of the mother and the cruelty of the zookeepers who shot the animal (its human life. Sorry PETA. Animals have priorities in this world, and so should humans). But we've yet to hear anything (at least I haven't) about the exhibit, itself.