DUST - The Second Part

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
austin.
On The Rail

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Post by austin. »

Man. What's the fucking problem? Tremonti doesn't sound like any other hard rock/metal band that I can think of. Heavy sound, killer melodies. What's the problem?

Sucks. Tremonti is my honest to God favorite band.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Nah, 5 Finger Death Punch and Asking Alexandria are much more original... :rolleyes
People are shit. We have to live with that I guess.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

I've found that Tremonti related stuff is very hit and miss, especially here is the US. You either really love it, or you don't care for it. There's not much in between. I think it's cause there ISN'T really much that sounds like Tremonti. It's not like the stuff they usually like. Most people I've showed say something like "it's not something I would listen to all the time". It baffles me sometimes.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

austin. wrote:Man. What's the fucking problem? Tremonti doesn't sound like any other hard rock/metal band that I can think of. Heavy sound, killer melodies. What's the problem?

Sucks. Tremonti is my honest to God favorite band.
Why don't you ask the music artists with hundreds of millions of views on YouTube, non-stop radio play and over millions of albums sold in the US alone? They might have an answer for you...oh wait I forgot...

"Rap Is the new Rock & Roll" - Kanye West.

Times change, austin.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

How much did All I Was sell in the first week?

Also, couldn't the sale numbers increase during the 2nd week or something? I assume that's not too likely tho?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

cheesedip1 wrote:How much did All I Was sell in the first week?

Also, couldn't the sale numbers increase during the 2nd week or something? I assume that's not too likely tho?
"over 12000" is the only quote I could find.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I think they're too heavy for non-metal listeners and not heavy enough for people who're into trash and heavier kinds of metal.

Disappointed for them. Hopefully they did better in Europe.
cheesedip1 wrote:Also, couldn't the sale numbers increase during the 2nd week or something? I assume that's not too likely tho?
Most of the die hard fans pre-ordered the album. Sale numbers almost never increase in the 2nd week, or at least not with bands like Tremonti and Alter Bridge.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Mr. Slash wrote:I hope the sales in Europe are better...
It's No.26 on the amazon.co.uk overall album sales chart.. Which is pretty fucking good considering.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

My roommate generally listens to rap. But when Cauterize came out, I played Flying Monkeys for him and he was addicted to that riff. Then when I picked up Dust, he couldn't wait to hear it. He always says how much he likes Garrett's drumming and Mark's riff's.

I honestly don't get what people like about rap and hip hop. Majority of the time, the lyrics make absolutely no sense. Just baffles me.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

joshuabeau wrote:My roommate generally listens to rap. But when Cauterize came out, I played Flying Monkeys for him and he was addicted to that riff. Then when I picked up Dust, he couldn't wait to hear it. He always says how much he likes Garrett's drumming and Mark's riff's.

I honestly don't get what people like about rap and hip hop. Majority of the time, the lyrics make absolutely no sense. Just baffles me.
Ask 320 million people and maybe you'll get your answer! :lol

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I can't imagine a rap show would be very entertaining. Not to mention, I'd almost assuredly want to punch every one in attendance in the "mouf" just based on their style of dress. Maybe that's just me though.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

joshuabeau wrote: I honestly don't get what people like about rap and hip hop. Majority of the time, the lyrics make absolutely no sense. Just baffles me.
------I'm not a huge rap fan but rap music is alright.

-----One thing I like about rap is that it's easier i think, to make the lyrics intellectual.

If I was to sing the phrase "recontextualization, media manipulation" it might sound cheezy depending upon how it is sung but............

if I rap it, then there are simply much more possibilities that are open to me, lyric-wise.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Jim wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:I hope the sales in Europe are better...
It's No.26 on the amazon.co.uk overall album sales chart.. Which is pretty fucking good considering.
Hm, I think Cauterize and Dust landed in the overall album charts in many European countries on around Pos. 25. I don't see much of an improvement then.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

One Drew Remains wrote:I can't imagine a rap show would be very entertaining. Not to mention, I'd almost assuredly want to punch every one in attendance in the "mouf" just based on their style of dress. Maybe that's just me though.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/3jHBwYjgMT4[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtu.be/ytS8m2BgyK4[/youtube]
The song starts at 1:30.

No bad places to be.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Kendrick and J. cole are two of the only rappers i can tolerate. I love both of their stuff.
Thanks Timo!

luke62
White Knuckled

Post by luke62 »

julio wrote:According to Hits Daily Double, the first week album sales was 9,849 in the US.
Proud to say I was 3 of these lol

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Still waiting for 2 signed pieces from fret12 to arrive. Scans indicate package goiing back and forth between usps facilities in Chicago for several days now. Than it still has to make an Atlantic crossing and clear customs. Somehow disappointing !

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

riemslag1 wrote:Still waiting for 2 signed pieces from fret12 to arrive. Scans indicate package goiing back and forth between usps facilities in Chicago for several days now. Than it still has to make an Atlantic crossing and clear customs. Somehow disappointing !
Shipping from overseas is pretty much a pain in the ass.
Sometimes my package arrives within days, literally days. And like now.. I ordered a shirt and it's just lost.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

One Drew Remains wrote:I can't imagine a rap show would be very entertaining. Not to mention, I'd almost assuredly want to punch every one in attendance in the "mouf" just based on their style of dress. Maybe that's just me though.
One of the best shows I've ever been to, aside from Alter Bridge, was a Tech N9ne concert. He's a great rapper, plus his shows are so high energy, and gets the crowd involved.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

On the subject regarding album sales, Loudwire is stating that Dust did 15k which seems to be more reasonable than 10k.
Also making significant sales splashes were Sixx: A.M.‘s Prayer for the Damned, Vol. I and Tremonti‘s Dust. The two records shifted 20,000 and 15,000 in pure albums sales respectively.
http://loudwire.com/rob-zombie-electric ... ck=tsmclip