The Game of Thrones Thread.

Talk about anything and everything here.
Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Re: The Game of Thrones Thread.

Post by Fish Tacos »

I didn't want to watch the trailer but from the preview pic it looks like Daenerys is a slave again. Honestly wouldn't mind seeing her taken down a peg or two, she's got too much of a my way or the highway mentality and has a tendency to overreact. If she's going to wind up being the Iron Throne holder she needs to mature a bit more and this could be a great way to do it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: Don't fuck with my heart, GoT

Post by gbruin »

Watched the trailer and am totally fired up. I can't believe that I find Cersei an actually sympathetic figure. I see several people I really want to see die and die brutally and die soon (you're first, Ramsay). I am fired up to see Sansa alive and pissed and Bram alive and standing (?!).

But I stand by my pledge that if the first scene in that trailer and the last half second of that trailer don't get fixed, as it's leading us to believe, that I will never watch the show again.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I'm so ready for the new season!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Lol Dorne. What the hell are they doing? :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

The Dorne thing is just embarrassing. I don't think anybody actually cares about Dorne? They killed some characters in Dorne, literally no big deal.

Does anybody have any idea as to what's going on with the Red Woman?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

In the books Dorne is quite boring as well, but at least it makes sense and it seems to be leading to something interesting. in the show it's just randomness. People doing completely the opposite of what they'd do in the books. The dialogues are awful. It's bad fan fiction at this point. I'm not a purist, because I'm (relatively) fine with changes made in other regions, but Dorne is an absolute mess and at this point probably beyond repair.

There are some rumors about Mel, but nobody really knows for sure. Some chapters of the 6th book that have been released already apparently give some things away, but I haven't read those yet, and I'm staying away from it until the book has been released in its entirety.

I thought the rest of the episode was quite good. A typical buildup episode. My brothers and I are betting on when Jon Snow is coming back :D (not a spoiler, we have no clue what's gonna happen)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

The death of Doran Martell is looking to be a setup and expression of anger. It'll lead somewhere I'm sure.. Ellaria seems to be PISSED, she's coming for some Lannister blood..

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Yea, she avenged her lover by killing his brother and his nephew and poisoning a child. It's just stupid. In the books she does completely the opposite. Oberyn was all about trying to protect children.

Doran was/is a genius in the books. The Dorne storyline is tied with one of my favorite storylines in the books, but they seem to have cut that storyline. Dumbing down happens all over the show, but this is pretty cringeworthy. Not to mention that all interesting characters in Dorne are now dead.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Woo, Euron Greyjoy!

And other stuff :shifty
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I fucking raged yesterday. Why do people put such BLATANT spoilers on social media? Why?

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I watched it as soon as I could, but I wanted to wait a few hours to watch it with a friend.. But nah people were throwing up "JON SNOW!! WOOO!" spoilers all over my shit

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Episode 5 leaked. The ending broke my heart.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

WOW...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

So many crazy theories after last night's episode. Spoilers from last night and speculation:

So Bran can time travel, but the change he makes is already part of the new timeline (hence Hodor being Hodor). There's speculation that Bran is Brandon the Builder (the founder of House Stark and the guy who built Winterfel and The Wall).

A quote from Martin: "No one can even say for certain if Brandon the Builder ever lived. He is as remote from the time of the novels as Noah and Gilgamesh are from our own time"

Not sure how this would work, but the way things are developing right now, it's not impossible. I think more time loops will be revealed in the future.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

well Bran is now marked.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Man that episode.
Where is Bran gonna go now? Wherever he goes, Others can follow. Might even tear down the Wall.

WHY DID HE HAVE TO GO SIGHTSEEING THROUGH THE TREE ALONE

^ kinda spoilers
Some intense shit coming our way in the next few weeks.
Btw I love Sansa and Jon together so much. And Tormund and Brienne :lol
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Lotha wrote:Man that episode.
Speculation + possible spoilers from the books:Yes! The Horn of Joramun hasn't been mentioned in the show yet, but I think it's very possible that the White Walkers will tear down the wall at the end of the season, when Bran goes south. He might be saved by Benjen or Cold Hands or somebody else next week (looks that way based on next week's preview). That will probably shed some more light on where he's going to go. I can't see Meera carrying Bran all the way south on her own.
Lotha wrote:And Tormund and Brienne :lol
https://gfycat.com/ThoughtfulAstonishingLcont :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

More speculation: Agreed! Think it's gonna be Benjen tho, if CH is indeed confirmed not to be Benjen. I mean even if it doesn't happen in the books, it might in the show. Meera is quite capable but I don't think she can do it all alone either.

Hahhahaah I could watch this gif on loop all day, they crack me up so much. Tormund is gold, I don't know how she manages not to laugh :D
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

i can't believe this thread is still going this makes me so happy.

Last episode didn't do as much for me as the episode before, although the whole explanation behind Hodor was heart wrenching & the walkers coming for Brann actually got my heart racing. This season is actually amazing so far

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

Bran did NOT change the past. Bran IS the past. The ink is dry. Everything Bran does in the past will lead to the future he knows.
PHOTOSHOPPING IS FOR SCHMUCKS