DUST Media Reviews

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
antiwal
Loyal Follower

DUST Media Reviews

Post by antiwal »

Ok, first "review" I've found. Not sure how 7.5/10 can be a "tad lackluster"?

http://www.metalwani.com/2016/04/review ... -dust.html

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Re: DUST - reviews

Post by antiwal »

In fact, it's badly written and the dude can't even get some of Tremonti's track names right...."You Waste My Time"? Fail.

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

Yeah that review just simply doesn't make any sense. He doesn't really explain his reasoning at all. Showers a bunch of praise and then says only two songs stood out...yet gives it a 7.5. Just really confused by this dude lol. I'll just wait for some later ones. I know i'll love the album though. I always love anything Mark puts out top to bottom. He's one of those rare musicians for me.
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

I saw that TeamRock apparently reviewed it. But i can't access that because i'm not a member and i don't plan on doing that

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I love how it has a user score of 9.8 across 18 people without having been released yet lol.

I'll probably agree that Dust & Unable to See will be my 2 favorites from the album, but I think My Last Mistake is great when he didn't so I'm not too worried.

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

I honestly can't figure out how anyone couldn't like MLM. I think it's easily one of the best heavy tunes he's put out. Everything about it is just so solid. Those freaking verses man...paired with that main riff. And the lyrics are just so intriguing and hooky. i don't know whatevs. I love pretty much all of his heavy stuff but there are some songs i can at least understand why some wouldn't care for it. But MLM definitely isn't one of them. It felt so fresh to me

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

MLM is my least favorite right now. I do love the lyrics but Dust and Betray me sound better to me ears.

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

AllC392Was wrote:MLM is my least favorite right now. I do love the lyrics but Dust and Betray me sound better to me ears.
Yeah I absolutely love all three so I won't argue with ya there. They're all three in my Tremonti top 10. 2 of the 3 are probably top 5. I'm just really feeling these songs

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

MLM and Betray Me are very similar in terms of structure and the big over the top chorus. I just find Betray me more personal. But the lyrics to MLM feel like a story and I dig that.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

That's more like it - good review! :rockon

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

German - http://powermetal.de/review/review-Trem ... 27946.html. Amusing translation, ALL HAIL LORD TREMONTI!!! :lol

A man whose ideas for new songs just seem to fall to as: Mark Tremonti. As in the session to its predecessor "Cauterize" created so many songs that they were hardly accommodate on a plate, the ALTER BRIDGE guitarist delights us a year later the same with another disc of his solo project. "Dust" is her name, the same they will not invest in me but as soon.

This is of course primarily the fact that the Lord seems to have an almost magical knack for entertaining numbers that simply always go. 'My Last Mistake' is (similar to 'Radical Change' to 'Cauterize ") a fierce reefs Direction opener that makes Tremonti's musical origins unmistakably clear. It squints otherwise naturally been much in the direction of his two bands CREED and ALTER BRIDGE, but here a decent shot more metal is on the whole but there; well nachzuhören in 'Betray Me' and 'Rising Storm', where the E string is temporarily worked very officially. Before the impression that someone rages here just off its main strip on the ax, one should 'Once Dead' (strong hook!), Enter and discover the soulful title track or the radiant finale 'Unable To See' with full attention that here is simply a really strong songwriter at the start, dominating the entire keyboard. In addition TREMONTI everything is still something catchy, direct and catchy as last ALTER BRIDGE; there are compact, direct hymns on the assembly line.

Vocally this is incidentally also a very great matter. That he does not reach the brilliance of his colleague Myles Kennedy - paid. (And even among us: Who does?) Within his own songs sets Tremonti his voice with its distinctive, slightly rough rock-alternative timbre but optimally one that all benefits come to wonderful effect. Honestly, I find it so amazing in covering the full range of emotion that I want to have these tracks also do any other singer.

Thus, the only thing I miss a bit on "Dust", a massive hit for the brand 'Sympathy'. Many smaller high lights are at a consistently high level but certainly at the start, which is why I must congratulate Mark Tremonti just another strong solo album, which is allowed to get every fan of the Lord and his previous work with joy. Next, I would have but like a new ALTER BRIDGE plate. Please please!

Green_Hammock
Brand New Start

Post by Green_Hammock »

I haven't heard the album yet, but I think it's great.

Green_Hammock
Brand New Start

Post by Green_Hammock »

antiwal wrote:German - http://powermetal.de/review/review-Trem ... 27946.html. Amusing translation, ALL HAIL LORD TREMONTI!!! :lol

A man whose ideas for new songs just seem to fall to as: Mark Tremonti. As in the session to its predecessor "Cauterize" created so many songs that they were hardly accommodate on a plate, the ALTER BRIDGE guitarist delights us a year later the same with another disc of his solo project. "Dust" is her name, the same they will not invest in me but as soon.

This is of course primarily the fact that the Lord seems to have an almost magical knack for entertaining numbers that simply always go. 'My Last Mistake' is (similar to 'Radical Change' to 'Cauterize ") a fierce reefs Direction opener that makes Tremonti's musical origins unmistakably clear. It squints otherwise naturally been much in the direction of his two bands CREED and ALTER BRIDGE, but here a decent shot more metal is on the whole but there; well nachzuhören in 'Betray Me' and 'Rising Storm', where the E string is temporarily worked very officially. Before the impression that someone rages here just off its main strip on the ax, one should 'Once Dead' (strong hook!), Enter and discover the soulful title track or the radiant finale 'Unable To See' with full attention that here is simply a really strong songwriter at the start, dominating the entire keyboard. In addition TREMONTI everything is still something catchy, direct and catchy as last ALTER BRIDGE; there are compact, direct hymns on the assembly line.

Vocally this is incidentally also a very great matter. That he does not reach the brilliance of his colleague Myles Kennedy - paid. (And even among us: Who does?) Within his own songs sets Tremonti his voice with its distinctive, slightly rough rock-alternative timbre but optimally one that all benefits come to wonderful effect. Honestly, I find it so amazing in covering the full range of emotion that I want to have these tracks also do any other singer.

Thus, the only thing I miss a bit on "Dust", a massive hit for the brand 'Sympathy'. Many smaller high lights are at a consistently high level but certainly at the start, which is why I must congratulate Mark Tremonti just another strong solo album, which is allowed to get every fan of the Lord and his previous work with joy. Next, I would have but like a new ALTER BRIDGE plate. Please please!
New ALTER BRIDGE plate for me too please please! :lol

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

8.5/10 Review: http://www.revivalmedia.co.uk/tremonti-dust-review/
If you’ve ever listened to the bands Creed or Alter Bridge, then one name that should be synonymous with the guitarist Mark Tremonti. With his creative style and flavours and ability to produce some of the biggest arena-rock sounds in the world, its easy to see that he has a knack for providing catchy hard hitters as well as melodically beautiful masterpieces. Releasing ‘Dust’ only 10 months after his previous album ‘Cauterize’, it’ll be amazing to see how much has changed.

Crashing straight in with ‘My Last Mistake’, you can already tell that the production levels are flying high and well. The heavy metal and hard rock flows very strongly through the tracks veins and the vocals are dripping with atmosphere. You can tell his older band roots haven’t left him. Mixing up everything during different sections as well, showing off their structure skills and how to sounds equally as epic with whatever they do. The drum intro kicks out into ‘The Cage’ which feels a bit underwhelming compared to the last track, but has its own entity. Going from thrashy to bouncy in the verses to providing a powerhouse chorus which this album seems to be very fluent in doing. The heavier section after the second chorus could open up a massive pit movement due to the lower tone of the guitars and how aggressive the sound is.
The album seems to keep on progressing harder and sometimes faster with its elements. Within the entire record, songs like ‘Once Dead’ provide such punchy instrumentation with very melody-focused vocals, which adds some beauty to each of the tracks own beasts. A track where this is shown very well is ‘Rising Storm’ with a guitar structure that focuses on massive head banging with the vocals having that feel of older grunge/arena-rock sound with small vibrato on some specific words giving a significant amount of depth with the lyrics and emotion running through. You also get a lot of solo work from the guitars shining off, which tends to go either way with the recordings. Some times it can fit in really well or it’ll go to the other side of the spectrum and feel more out of place and show-off. Still, you can’t deny that each solo is a testament to how technically advanced the workings of Tremonti is.

Amongst all of this, you always get a few softer songs that help create a more dynamic listening experience for the listener. The title track is the first one to get you more into this with tin-sounding intro adding a different ambience right out of the gate. It’s like if you gave Incubus some steroids and this was the end result. It does have some heavier sounding bits as well, but the whole softer overtone within its melody and chord progression help expand the record. ‘Never Wrong’ has a more hard rock approach within it, and whilst it might not be softer in the usual sense, it’s more laid back approach to its creative aspect makes for another pleasurable listen. Closing with ‘Unable To See’ adding what appears a more acoustic element to this albums proceedings, it’s definitely the track that if played live will have lighters and phone flashlights out in full force. It’s one of the more tracks that sounds like its main influence comes from both bands he was one with and makes for a beautiful close.

Coming out 10 months after the previous record might get a lot of people worried about what will become of this record, but it keeps up everything you love about the artists and more. If you’re still waiting on something new from either bands that Mark is in, this will help you keep your sanity
Last edited by SHEAKENBAKEN on Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

antiwal wrote:German - http://powermetal.de/review/review-Trem ... 27946.html. "Dust" is her name, the same they will not invest in me but as soon.
[/i]
wow, lost in (google) translation over 9000. :D

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

http://www.radiokaositaly.com/tremonti-dust/

Translation:
Mark Tremonti is coming back with a new album of his project staff with "Dust", outgoing Fret12 Records for April 29, 2016.
When they join minds and sound like those of Mark and Wolfgang Van Halen, the product that comes out is certainly impressive and in fact their previous work, "Cauterize" has been in first place for over a week on the iTunes rock chart, top 10 on all iTunes charts and number 17 on the Billboard top 200. "Dust" is a cd full of bullies and well articulated riffs, now trademark of the guitarist of Alter Bridge, full of catchy melodies, joined by his voice and by Van Halen choirs . The choruses come bullies and loads without shutting down the energy brought by the verses; The first three tracks of the album, "My Last Mistake", "The Cage" and "Once Dead" push the listener to a wild headbanging because of low power, guitar and drums (to interludes in blast beats masterfully executed during Once Dead), all enhanced by the fantastic solos Mark Tremonti. The track number 4, "Dust", the title track, appears to be a power ballad full of arpeggios and excellent vocal melodies a bit 'to "Wonderful Life" more of Alter Bridge. "Betray Me", track number 5, is the most personal of the entire album an intense text supported by a sound and playing very heavy load that culminates in a solo wha precisely Tremonti style; song followed by "Catching Fire", which follows on the heels with typically metal harmonies and sound. 8th track is "Never Wrong", and here the influence of Van Halen is felt with a guitar intro that seems to pay homage to "Unchained" and then continue mixing of the historic band style with that of Tremonti. "Rising Storm" and "Unable to See" closes this album resulting decided songs and certainly no fillers, solid and different from each other as the first results to be a train that is sent on the most possible metal tracks, while the last presents as a second power ballad with an acoustic intro and outro simply sublime and with a mantra that everyone should follow: - "I'll never let it go (never let you go)". Tremonti really never make mistakes and offer to all their fans, and fans of Metal, a wonderful cargo albums of many facets that make it unique and ready to be called one of the best releases of 2016. "Dust" is all that and will leave you surely with open mouth!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

http://www.metal.de/modern-metal/review ... 4343-dust/

Translated from German using Google Translate:
Mark Tremonti is not only a first-class guitarist but seems to be also quite a workhorse. After the former CREED guitarist and later ALTER BRIDGE cofounder could clear only last year with his second solo disc "Cauterize" whopping 9 points in the estimated colleague Schmidt, now the successor is none 12 months later with the title " Dust "in stores. The short dry spell can be explained by the fact that "Dusk" already "Cauterize" was created during the studio sessions and you would rather just make a second album in TREMONTI instead of a double album or supplies for the B-side Best-Of , Does "Dust" therefore only rejects? Not at all.

That Mark Tremonti large metal fan is still, however, already arrived at CREED least, ALTER BRIDGE significantly more to the fore. converts a solo career Ever since the man, he brings but basically rifflastige extremely accessible modern metal plates on the market - and feels so very audible most comfortable. So passes "My Last Mistake" the new album "Dust" with a flawless thrash riff one, "Once Dead" recalls in its machine string stops and bends even a bit of LAMB OF GOD, and the semi-ballad "Tore My Heart Out" ends in double bass thunderstorms. In between there are also guitar harmonies Gothenburg School.

The soft side, without the CREED would never become so large as they once were, it is limited to "Dust" on two songs. The title track is a radio-friendly power ballad that extent but makes everything right, and the bouncer "Unable To See" Although ripples rather to himself, but drifts after all, not in the kitsch from.

In addition, Mark Tremonti really does not have to hide for his voice now. At worst, the man sounds like every other American alternative rock singer also - and in the best and the robustness of David Draiman (DISTURBED) is not far off. The many reverb on "Dust" would have been no need.

to hear without "Cauterize" and thus be able to draw a direct comparison, I can "Dust" describe themselves as standing round, great album. Mediocrity does not exist sporadically ( "Never Wrong") also Unterdurchschnittlichkeit up on the CD cover. I am willing to believe Mark Tremonti, when he referred to the half of his divided double album as equivalent. Fans of Tremonti, ALTER BRIDGE and contemporary rock and metal American coinage can access good conscience here.