How far can Tremonti take it?

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Re: How far can Tremonti take it?

Post by Fish Tacos »

Most mainstream rock utilizes VCVCBC so I'm not convinced that making a whole bunch of Cry of Achilles will allow either AB or Tremonti to sell themselves better. Also, considering a lot of people don't know AB to begin with I don't think making them sound too radically different will have much of an impact. But what do I know, I wipe standing up.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I look at a band like Starset who are a talented band but nothing crazy special. Their debut album had songs like My Demons, Halo, and Carnivore that sky rocketed them into a solid direct support act. I think hits to matter this day and age. Although its not creative it does make them known quickly

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

You mentioned Starset :)

They opened for Breaking Benjamin when I saw them 2 weeks ago, put on a hell of a show and bought their album next day.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I did the starset VIP during that tour in ATL. Amazing dudes

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Put My Last Mistake in a horror flick and that could help. Lyrics fit

Take The Sun
Bought The CDs

Post by Take The Sun »

I noticed a comment on youtube when The Cage teaser was posted.... So run with it, it's a great idea.

Have a UFC Fighter walk out to "The Cage" once the album is out. Bam. HUGE audience hears Tremonti.
Credit to greenhammock on deviantart for the awesome background

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Saw Starset long before the world ever did. They opened for Devour the Day and Flaming Hanley or something.

Remember that My Demons and Carnivore were gonna take off, and they did.

Tremonti needs one huge money single. That's it.

Remember that Bullet in my Hand song by Redlight King? Those guys won some Uproar festival contest, and they put out a huge single, and everyone remembers that song.

Tim, you're reading this, Tremonti needs a BIG single. Mark is a smart man. He wrote the biggest singles of the last decade with Creed. He can do it.

Take The Sun
Bought The CDs

Post by Take The Sun »

Based on teasers so far... either The Cage or Betray Me has the potential to be a massive active rock radio hit. They just have those huge sounding choruses. I can't believe typical radio listeners wouldn't want these breakdowns and riffs all over their local stations.
Credit to greenhammock on deviantart for the awesome background

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Someone above said AB is the focus and Tremonti is the side project. Sadly (I'm an AB diehard first and foremost) I don't think this is the case anymore. AB feels more like the side project to me. And as much as I like Tremonti, I don't like that fact at all.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Razer1911
Brand New Start

Post by Razer1911 »

It has to grow naturally. We can't force either Mark or Myles (or the other band members for that matter) to focus on only 1 band / the band we want them to focus on.

AB has a firm fan base which is still growing. Tremonti gets "hyped" more than AB via social media etc. at the moment because they need the promotion to grow, it's the only way these days. Like Tim said, using traditional methods is either too expensive or just doesn't work for the band.

That talentshow thingy someone said is actually quite funny, if someone with talent would cover one of Tremonti's songs and slays all the other competitors doing so they will gain lots of attention (taking it would be a big tv show or anything). There might still be people who're not into hard rock/metal but they still get to hear it.

Same goes for mouth to mouth promotion, I showed quite some friends Tremonnti's music and they all dig it. If there's anything they don't like its the fact they're not used to the heavier instrumentals but that comes with time.

With other words, Tremonti should be forced upon these peasants and they'll automaticly like it after a while :')

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: Hard to trust and can't believe

Post by gbruin »

I think people were confusing the suggestion about Mark being on one of those talent show competitions. I think the suggestion was for him to be a judge or a mentor - not a contestant.

And as gross as I feel for saying it, getting big time mainstream exposure like that is totally key these days in the vapid wasteland that is America. If American Idol showcased Mark as a standard in the rock industry (a legit classification, btw) by including him in one of those weekly mentor/guest judge roles, America would buy it immediately. Without that, the huge majority will never have any idea.

If you want real financial success and stability, it's better to be hashtagged in a few million 140 character one offs by teenyboppers with tiny attention spans who don't know any better than to actually build your product with hard work and honesty and talent.

That's why we have Alter Bridge and Tremonti working their asses off to build their brands while Nick Jonas plays guest guitar solo spots on primetime music award shows.

Personally, thank god that Mark and AB haven't sold out, but their honorable path makes finances a lot tighter and security a lot flimsier.

Oh, and get the hell off my lawn.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

One Drew Remains wrote:Someone above said AB is the focus and Tremonti is the side project. Sadly (I'm an AB diehard first and foremost) I don't think this is the case anymore. AB feels more like the side project to me. And as much as I like Tremonti, I don't like that fact at all.
I think it is. If Myles wasn't doing his thing with Slash I don't think Tremonti (band) would get the attention from Mark it get's now. Fortunately when Mark does something, he want to do it right so maybe that's why you somehow feel that Tremonti threatens AB for some reason...