ABV tour date(s).

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
mtshaw3
TABN.com Citizen

Re: ABV tour date(s).

Post by mtshaw3 »

VigilantSteve wrote:
mtshaw3 wrote:
VigilantSteve wrote:
mtshaw3 wrote:
VigilantSteve wrote:There's a Pittsburgh date!!!! I finally will get a chance to see AB! My day is made!
You've been a fan for a while haven't you? I live in WV and I've seen them like 5 times. Have you just not been able to make it to their shows nearby?

Saw them in Pittsburgh back in like 04/05, @ Penn State supporting 3DD and Shinedown in like 05ish, @ROTR in 08?, on Carnival of Madness tour in Huntington in 2011 and then traveled to Baltimore to see them in 2013 or 2014. They've definitely came close, granted they won't play many IN WV.
I also live in WV (Weirton to be exact...really close to both the OH & PA state lines and only about 35 minutes from Pittsburgh). I missed the ones early in the band's life (2004-2007) because I was a very very broke college student. Huntington, while relatively close considering how few tour dates they have in the U.S., is still a bit too much of a drive for me to see a concert on most days. I almost went to Rock on the Range on a few occasions (for AB and other bands), but the timing just never ends up working because of my job and I'd generally rather use vacation days for other things.
Gotcha, well I hope you can make it to this one! You gotta see them for sure.
Oh, I'm getting tickets as soon as they're available. Nothing is stopping me this time around with it being this close to home and with me being MUCH more financially stable. I'm just wondering which venue they'll end up at.
My guess is either Stage AE or if they're doing a bigger tour then Consol. I'll be there too, hopefully!
Huge thanks to Andy! Love my new sig!

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

mtshaw3 wrote:
VigilantSteve wrote:
mtshaw3 wrote:
VigilantSteve wrote:
mtshaw3 wrote:
VigilantSteve wrote:There's a Pittsburgh date!!!! I finally will get a chance to see AB! My day is made!
You've been a fan for a while haven't you? I live in WV and I've seen them like 5 times. Have you just not been able to make it to their shows nearby?

Saw them in Pittsburgh back in like 04/05, @ Penn State supporting 3DD and Shinedown in like 05ish, @ROTR in 08?, on Carnival of Madness tour in Huntington in 2011 and then traveled to Baltimore to see them in 2013 or 2014. They've definitely came close, granted they won't play many IN WV.
I also live in WV (Weirton to be exact...really close to both the OH & PA state lines and only about 35 minutes from Pittsburgh). I missed the ones early in the band's life (2004-2007) because I was a very very broke college student. Huntington, while relatively close considering how few tour dates they have in the U.S., is still a bit too much of a drive for me to see a concert on most days. I almost went to Rock on the Range on a few occasions (for AB and other bands), but the timing just never ends up working because of my job and I'd generally rather use vacation days for other things.
Oh, I'm getting tickets as soon as they're available. Nothing is stopping me this time around with it being this close to home and with me being MUCH more financially stable. I'm just wondering which venue they'll end up at.
My guess is either Stage AE or if they're doing a bigger tour then Consol. I'll be there too, hopefully!
Yeah, my thoughts were either Stage AE or maybe even First Niagara Pavilion since it's a summer show.

mtshaw3
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mtshaw3 »

VigilantSteve wrote:
mtshaw3 wrote:
VigilantSteve wrote:
mtshaw3 wrote:
VigilantSteve wrote:
mtshaw3 wrote:

Yeah, my thoughts were either Stage AE or maybe even First Niagara Pavilion since it's a summer show.
Yeah, I didn't consider there... I would be ok with that. I like outdoor shows! They just usually list it as Burgettstown instead of Pittsburgh if it's there.
Huge thanks to Andy! Love my new sig!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, upside for me is that since there are no dates in SoCal, and there's a date in Northern California, there's a chance they will do a headlining show in LA, right? Right? Tremonti did it during their co-headlining tour with Trivium.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

mtshaw3 wrote:
VigilantSteve wrote:
mtshaw3 wrote: My guess is either Stage AE or if they're doing a bigger tour then Consol. I'll be there too, hopefully!
Yeah, I didn't consider there... I would be ok with that. I like outdoor shows! They just usually list it as Burgettstown instead of Pittsburgh if it's there.
Yeah, I've seen it listed as both Burgettstown and Pittsburgh, depending on the tour. I'm personally hoping it's there because it's only a 10 minute drive for me, and not dealing with the Pittsburgh city traffic, ridiculous parking prices, etc.

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

New date

Last edited by Torsten on Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

That's an awesome one day festival if those top 4 bands don't clash.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I'm excited. I should be able to make St. Louis if the timing is right.

And the thing is WE KNOW that AB is a better band than the rest mentioned (although I saw Disturbed in '09, and they were good). But if they can blow the other bands off the stage, everyone else will know they are a better band.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

AB tour, yay!
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

One Drew Remains wrote:I'm excited. I should be able to make St. Louis if the timing is right.

And the thing is WE KNOW that AB is a better band than the rest mentioned (although I saw Disturbed in '09, and they were good). But if they can blow the other bands off the stage, everyone else will know they are a better band.
I haven't seen Disturbed live (seeing them in May), but I liked Breaking Benjamin just a little bit more than AB when I saw them live. I'm a huge BB fan though. The guys in AB just aren't that energetic on stage, at least when I've seen them.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Welp, no SoCal show for me and Ryan, it seems. I don't want to drive to Northern California to see them play probably 35-40 min., although seeing Breaking Benjamin is tempting, so I'll just be the guy that gives moral support and buys the album, when it comes out, and once again, wait very patiently until they come to these parts again.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Do you guys think they hit New York enough during this tour or no

snowman
Bought The CDs

Post by snowman »

Well the closest date to me is Denver, so I probably won't be going. Drove to Denver from Salt Lake for the last tour. Not worth it if AB isn't headlining. Plus, I wouldn't be that excited to see BB. I saw them last October with Shinedown, and I wasn't that impressed. The whole show felt really flat and there wasn't anything musical that wowed me. My friends all loved it, though. Maybe I was spoiled with seeing Foo Fighters and Slash just a little before that, both of which were incredible.

That being said, I can see this bringing some great exposure to Alter Bridge. Hopefully they'll impress a lot of people and gain some new fans through the shows. The timing could be great with the new album being released and then following it up with a headlining tour of their own. Especially if the first single from ABV does well like Isolation did.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I was pretty bummed at first to see them as the third band on the bill because they won't have much time to play. Maybe 45 minutes if we're lucky? But on the other hand, if they're willing to take a support role behind two pretty big bands as a way to play amphitheaters all summer, maybe it shows a willingness to do the work necessary to actually try to grow their fanbase. I always thought this was something they should have done more of with the first two albums, and maybe they'd be playing the 5-6K+ venues by now if they'd done that. Better late than never I guess. But as Jim & Ryan point out, it's also going to take some consistency, too. If they do this support role and then don't follow up with either a bigger support role and/or their own headlining tours around the U.S. and push some singles with real pub and airplay, rather than just doing 30 shows in the U.S and 3 months and festivals in Europe before fading back to Slash and Tremonti, then it won't stick and this support role won't pay off.

That said, you're all invited to Denver. First come, first to get Jim's room.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Do you guys think AB will make a stint at Rock am Ring this year? Disturbed and Breaking Benjamin will be there...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Mr. Slash wrote:Do you guys think AB will make a stint at Rock am Ring this year? Disturbed and Breaking Benjamin will be there...
Naww. They would have been announced a while back, and it's getting clearer that around that time, it's going to be a small Tremonti tour.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

Mr. Slash wrote:Do you guys think AB will make a stint at Rock am Ring this year? Disturbed and Breaking Benjamin will be there...
I highly doubt it since Mark will be in Europe with Tremonti for the summer festivals.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Man.... Tour making guy.... Forget that there's a southeast United States? Knoxville, Charlotte, myrtle beach, Atlanta, Augusta, Jacksonville, Nashville....

There's nothing within 6 hours of me. That's ridiculous.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

austin. wrote:Man.... Tour making guy.... Forget that there's a southeast United States? Knoxville, Charlotte, myrtle beach, Atlanta, Augusta, Jacksonville, Nashville....

There's nothing within 6 hours of me. That's ridiculous.

I saw Tremonti 6 times last year and I live in ATL. Farthest trip for me was the listening party in Orlando and that was barely 7 hours. I saw him in Birmingham, ATL, Jacksonville (x2), Orlando, Kentucky. Those are all fairly close to the southwest region :fingerwag :)

* My bad I thought this was the Tremonti page* lol