ABV tour date(s).

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

ABV tour date(s).

Post by AllC392Was »

First date according to a festival photo (Heavy Montreal) has AB on their bill! August 6-7

Looks like AB will go north of the border. New territory for them.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: ABV tour date(s).

Post by anguyen92 »

Confirmed!!!

http://www.heavymontreal.com/lineup/poster/

It's not the greatest of festival spots like they would have in Europe, but at least, they are heading north to a good city like Montreal and hopefully, it leads to a headlining show in the future there. Weren't they rumored to do one of these in 2014, but couldn't due to Myles touring with Slash in that Aerosmith tour?

stokie steve
Brand New Start

Post by stokie steve »

Probably expect the UK tour to be out around april\may I reckon for a November UK arena tour.

Very unlikely but if they headline download in 2017 reckon there will only be about 3 or 4 dates like with avenged sevenfold in 2013 so there might be slightly more demand.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Kinda ridiculous how far down AB are on that poster.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Mr. Slash wrote:Kinda ridiculous how far down AB are on that poster.
If they aren't in Europe thats usually the case everywhere else.

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

Not really. All of the bands ahead of them continue to put out albums almost yearly while AB is dropping albums about every 3 years. They sort of get lost in the mix after that long of time. Especially when they only drop one single off of an album that gets solid radio play time. I wish they would release 2-3 singles off an album like FFDP does. At least in America, all you hear on the radio from AB is Rise Today and Addicted to Pain if you're lucky.

I have requested so many different songs to the Rock radio here in Kansas City.. but they told me they can't play certain songs due to copyright issues and blah blah radio jargon blah.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

stokie steve wrote:Probably expect the UK tour to be out around april\may I reckon for a November UK arena tour.

Very unlikely but if they headline download in 2017 reckon there will only be about 3 or 4 dates like with avenged sevenfold in 2013 so there might be slightly more demand.
The UK tour could be even earlier. They are out touring in August (which is a rare sight for them, these days) so maybe late September/early October be plausible.

I don't want them just to do 3-4 dates there (unless, yes, I'm oversaying it whatever, it is "An Evening With" tour). The usual six arena shows with some solid support would be fine. I'm thinking Trivium or Sevendust for this one, just as a hunch.

Also, if people wants to blame AB if there is a bad turnout at Download just like A7X got flack on because they did 3-4 arena shows (which people even thought it was too much since the demand for them for Download won't be there), screw that.

On another note, those VIP packages (the for life one and the one-show only) do not work on festivals and the UK is a big market, so they need to play as many shows as possible as long as they can fill the venue.
It's Canada, they only played one show there back in the ODR days, didn't do so well, haven't played there since for various reasons (I like to say promotional ones). At the very least, they got invited to play there and hopefully all works out well and they can tour Canada on a more frequent basis.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

They haven't been together for 2 years dude. The world forgets.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

That's the sad truth for AB here. They need to be like they were and put out an album and do more than 1 tour behind it here. People forget who they are. If they want to get bigger like they say they'll have to get out more. Also, like what was already posted, 1 single from the album doesn't help.
Photobucket cash grab.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ryan wrote: If they want to get bigger like they say they'll have to get out more. Also, like what was already posted, 1 single from the album doesn't help.
Well, at least, the festival in Montreal is a good start in terms of getting out more. It's in Canada, which they have rarely been to. It's in August which is way earlier than when they start touring for their album, plus there's a good chance that more shows will be announced in North America (all before hitting their biggest markets in Europe).

Also, I think this mentality would also benefit for the band and it is that we (and when I say we, I mean we as a fanbase, not just we the forum) show more appreciation for the band when they are active than when they are not active. Let them know we still care about them as themselves (not just for their other bands).

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

pokefan_4 wrote:Not really. All of the bands ahead of them continue to put out albums almost yearly while AB is dropping albums about every 3 years.
That's not true. I don't think any of the bands ahead of them puts on an album yearly. Dropping an album once every three years is really normal. Alter Bridge just doesn't tour enough between their albums.
anguyen92 wrote:It's Canada, they only played one show there back in the ODR days, didn't do so well, haven't played there since for various reasons (I like to say promotional ones). At the very least, they got invited to play there and hopefully all works out well and they can tour Canada on a more frequent basis.
This. It's new territory for them. People don't forget that fast. Disturbed were on a hiatus for like 4 or 5 years. Alter Bridge opened for Aerosmith on Download after a long hiatus as well.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Hold it, hold it, Timo. AB didn't open for Aerosmith at Download. The 1st band playing on the main stage that day, opened for Aerosmith's day. AB were the band playing before Aerosmith played, which is a pretty suitable position for AB. There is a difference there, just to make things clear.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Yea, you're right. Sorry bout that. Just wanted to say that they got a good spot (a better one than when they played Download three years earlier).
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Alter Bridge would be higher on that poster if they'd remained a full time band for the last 7 years

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

anguyen92 wrote:Hold it, hold it, Timo. AB didn't open for Aerosmith at Download. The 1st band playing on the main stage that day, opened for Aerosmith's day. AB were the band playing before Aerosmith played, which is a pretty suitable position for AB. There is a difference there, just to make things clear.
Actually, when a band is the last band to play before the headliner; at a festival; they're called 'first support'.. so technically they did open for Aerosmith. Which if I remember correctly; they were overjoyed about.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: "Hm I dunno, guess he must be right"

Post by Timotheus »

I have a confession to make. I didn't read Kev's entire post. When somebody says "hold it, hold it" they just seem so convinced about their case. My brain zoned out there.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Regardless folks... this is a good sign for AB. I do think we will see more tours this cycle. They are starting earlier than usual. If they start touring in July and tour for most of 2017 then it should be a dramatic increase from Fortress cycle.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

According to Setlist.fm Lets hope for AB3 type of tour scheduling.

014 (62)
2013 (25)

Fortress

2012 (7)
2011 (95)
2010 (46)

AB3

2009 (1)
2008 (85)
2007 (45)

BB

2006 (11)
2005 (112)
2004 (64)

ODR

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

good lord 112 concerts in 05. Those were the good ol days. Myles was in his PRIME. Best record ever

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Except for the AB3 tour, the more popular they are, the fewer shows they do. If if hadn't been for Slash and Tremonti they would have already reached places they have never reached.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp