Guns N Roses (original line up)

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Guns N Roses (original line up)

Post by anguyen92 »

The thing is it's hard to for anyone's voice to be as good as their prime. However, you can make decent adjustments to at least look presentable. That's a plus to why Rush and Iron Maiden made their reunions work because Geddy Lee and Bruce Dickinson knows what works and what doesn't work and adjust to that.

Also, Robert Plant during Led Zeppelin's 2007 concert was great even though he sounded pretty dire during that Live Aid performance in 1985.

So, if Axl makes some adjustments and get some more vocal training and stuff, maybe he make this work. I still won't buy a ticket to any shows announced though. Too much money and may not be worthwhile to my enjoyment.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

There have been plenty of shows where he sounded great over the last few years. It's just that the bad ones got all the attention. If he works hard he'll be fine.

It's just been confirmed he'll be on Kimmel next week by the way.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I saw him in person in 2014 and I know what I heard. :lol I understand that not every show over a 4-5 year span will sound exactly the same though. I just have my doubts on the overall quality.

I wonder why Izzy isn't on board? I can understand Adler being out over health reasons, but to me, Slash/Izzy/Duff is the core instrumental sound of GNR.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Izzy's a bit of a mystery.. He didn't like fact that GNR got so big, so he just might not want to be part of it. He's friends with Axl, and has joined the stage a few times the last few years, so I'm sure they'd include him if he wanted to.

As much as I love the guy, he wasn't as important to the live sound of the band as the other guys (Adler included).. I agree he was very important in the studio though, so if there ever comes a new album, I hope he's willing to join them for those sessions..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

I wouldn't want a Gn'R album without Izzy in it. Gn'R was all Izzy and Axl, IMO.
I wonder if Buckethead would be joining the reunion, if it happens. I'd to like to see Slash kneel before him and kiss his feet.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Violent Corpse wrote:I wouldn't want a Gn'R album without Izzy in it. Gn'R was all Izzy and Axl, IMO.
I wonder if Buckethead would be joining the reunion, if it happens. I'd to like to see Slash kneel before him and kiss his feet.
Ehhh, that's pretty exaggerated. Both parts of your posts. Buckethead can stick to his 40 Albums a year policy while his fans can continue crying about how underrated he is.
GnR was a mix of Duff, Izzy, Slash and Axl. Sure, Izzy contributed a lot to many songs, but there are songs where he did had no impact on aswell.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

The reason I think Gn'R was all Izzy and Axl is that Slash, in all the years since Gn'R, couldn't match the quality of his work with Gn'R. I think it was Izzy and Axl's writing that allowed him to show his magic. By himself, he is pretty boring.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Violent Corpse wrote:The reason I think Gn'R was all Izzy and Axl is that Slash, in all the years since Gn'R, couldn't match the quality of his work with Gn'R. I think it was Izzy and Axl's writing that allowed him to show his magic. By himself, he is pretty boring.
Don't think so. I mean, Axl's and Izzy's work aren't close to the GnR stuff aswell. Furthermore I think the two Snakepit albums were amazing. World On Fire is pretty cool, too.

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

I saw Axl in 2010 and 2012. In 2010 he was amazing, really. Not like in '88 but amazing. In 2012 his voice was baaaaad, really bad, they had to put so much reverb on his voice to sound like he is holding a note for more then 0,5 seconds

snowman
Bought The CDs

Post by snowman »

...and Slash just posted this on the old Facebook...So I guess that makes the Coachella thing a little more official-ish?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Only a little though.
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So, looks like it has been confirmed. They are playing Coachella. I don't know which news, today, makes me sadder.

That these guys are reuniting, which may not even work out well. Or the news that my favorite wrestlers in recent times, Shinsuke Nakamura and A.J. Styles, is heading to the WWE (a wrestling company I do not like atm) and leaving New Japan (a wrestling company I do like atm).

Man, I need some good AB news (something like Myles is getting ready to write/record with them or confirmed AB headlining tour dates, anything concrete).

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

This will be fun with Axl sounding like this.
https://youtu.be/7ahXCHuDIE4?t=4m38s

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

More like this.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/V1Hn5i1h3-E[/youtube]

Axl is supposed to be on Jimmy Kimmel tonight.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Nah, he apparently he cancelled that one. Or not. Nobody really knows. But it's probably better when he doesn't show himself. On a recent pic he really looks out of shape. I hope he is doing some training for the tour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyCZ6irNhkM

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

That would move me from being excited that Myles has time away, to actually interested in hearing the band.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

UG also posted once that Kushner will join as a guitarist. I don't trust them at all.
Best thing about the reunion is that Pitman will stay in the band. :rolleyes :slam

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

They post stories from elsewhere, this has been sourced from two apparently reliable people in Niven and Eddie Trunk. Still might not happen, but it shouldn't be dismissed based on the site.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Yea, it's not like with Kushner who was just fucking around on Twitter and people jumping to conclusions ("zOMG they're gonna play Velvet Revolver songs!")

I'm not sure if Izzy will be included in the tour (maybe only on a few dates) but if he's being included it could mean that they're working on new music.

And having Pitman in the band is just laughable.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.