Live in Milan

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Re: Live in Milan

Post by austinjhnsn »

:(
Thanks Timo!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Man, I really did not want to bump this thread, but after finding an interview from Mark in another thread here, here's what he knows regarding the live dvd. At around 17:55.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/DXzev1w1PYg[/youtube]

Simply put, he stated that it is a big convoluted mess. He has no idea regarding if this will be released or not.

I will reiterate my thoughts regarding this, now. Even if this does get release, I may not buy this out of spite. I was excited to buy it around June of 2014 when it was announced that it was that release time, but now in December 2015, I don't want to buy it now. The anticipation is totally dead for me in that end and I want to get excited about buying Dust, Myles' solo album, and AB V and maybe another AB DVD not produced by DC3. Yeah.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I don't think they should release it anymore. Maybe release some songs individually, but it wouldn't make sense anymore to release it now. I'd say, release a live DVD next cycle and mainly focus on Fortress and V, but who am I kidding, lol.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I don't care for DC3 anymore. But I'm not going to fool myself. I would still buy it. I'm an AB-fiend so I'm pretty much going to buy anything they put out.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Lots of people stating that was a great show. I'm afraid it will be too much outdated soon to bring it as a new separate release. I still would like to see and own the video and audio stuff. If they are able to resolve the business problems surrounding this, than i think perhaps it will make great bonus discs for ABV or the following live boxset. Just hoping it will not be lost for us.

claudiocc
Bought The CDs

Post by claudiocc »

riemslag1 wrote:Lots of people stating that was a great show. I'm afraid it will be too much outdated soon to bring it as a new separate release. I still would like to see and own the video and audio stuff. If they are able to resolve the business problems surrounding this, than i think perhaps it will make great bonus discs for ABV or the following live boxset. Just hoping it will not be lost for us.
Nothing is too outdated in music. Right now Queen is pulling out a 40 years old live CD/DVD....

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

claudiocc wrote:
riemslag1 wrote:Lots of people stating that was a great show. I'm afraid it will be too much outdated soon to bring it as a new separate release. I still would like to see and own the video and audio stuff. If they are able to resolve the business problems surrounding this, than i think perhaps it will make great bonus discs for ABV or the following live boxset. Just hoping it will not be lost for us.
Nothing is too outdated in music. Right now Queen is pulling out a 40 years old live CD/DVD....
Yea, and Scott Stapp is going to tour with 15 year old songs soon. :shifty

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

claudiocc wrote:
That's called nostalgia.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

claudiocc
Bought The CDs

Post by claudiocc »

Yea, and Scott Stapp is going to tour with 15 year old songs soon. :shifty[/quote]

Regardless of what Scott would be doing, sounds like that Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, Iron Maiden, ACDC, Rolling Stones just to name a few are touring and singing 30-40 years old songs, or not? Like anybody.
We have seen tons of bands rejoining in these last few years due to the fact that record sale is totally vanished, so they can only makes money touring. And everyone gets their slice, as music is timeless, despite of the waves and fashion of the time they are created. You will always hear thousand of people cheering to Hotel California (1976). I went to two Eagles gig, and it's just awesome to see and hear that, like any band with any of their songs.
Actually majority of the time, fans get upset if the biggest hits are not played at a gig, despite being very old. Sometime I think artist must get fed up with some of their own songs played over and over again

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Difference is that those groups are all from the 60's and 70's. Aerosmith, ACDC and Rolling Stones were all still writing successful albums 20 years into their career. Scott is 40-something years old and is already becoming (a very unsuccessful) nostalgia act, purely based on those older songs. At least bands like Iron Maiden go out and promote their new albums when they tour.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Just hoping we will ever get to enjoy the Milan footage and recordings in some form. We'll see.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Miss Hale did not buy that nice dress for nothing, did she ?

luke62
White Knuckled

Post by luke62 »

I got to thinking the other day, it's about time for a new AB Live album/DVD/BluRay. To be honest, I'd buy it because I love AB. I wouldn't be very hyped for it. I hope after the next album, they'll record a show or two on the tour & put it out.

I just hope they never, ever, ever use DC3 for anything ever again. Use Fret12 or somebody and get a top notch product.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I'd love to see them do a live multi-disc set for this next cycle. Maybe a show from AB V, and acoustic set, and Milan. Three gigs for one price or something like that.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

luke62
White Knuckled

Post by luke62 »

One Drew Remains wrote:I'd love to see them do a live multi-disc set for this next cycle. Maybe a show from AB V, and acoustic set, and Milan. Three gigs for one price or something like that.
I can't remember but don't bands do something similar to this? Film multiple shows & piece together the "perfect" DVD or something? I agree with you though.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/PXP16RCly-Q[/youtube]

It's crazy that they stopped playing this song live. It's got everything a good live song should have. You can't just release a song as good as this one, play it a few times, blow everybody's mind and then stop playing it. Such a shame.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Timotheus wrote:[youtube]http://youtu.be/PXP16RCly-Q[/youtube]

It's crazy that they stopped playing this song live. It's got everything a good live song should have. You can't just release a song as good as this one, play it a few times, blow everybody's mind and then stop playing it. Such a shame.
Honestly, if they stopped played this song live and put Fortress in its place, like they did in the latter part of their tour, I'll take that trade-off any day.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Kinda sad that there wasn't enough place for both those songs on the Fortress tour.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

That's what happens when a band relies too much on older songs.
Get rid of 3 or 4 Blackbird songs, ditch Open your Eyes and Isolation, and boom, you've got room for your newest record.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Open Your Eyes and Isolation are two of their most known songs.. They're obviously not gonna ditch those. Agreed about the Blackbird songs though.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.