New Creed Documentary Clip

A place for all Creed discussion.
JaredWard
Blood Machines

New Creed Documentary Clip

Post by JaredWard »

From Ron Ranew's YouTube channel. I commented on it.. I would encourage those who really want to see the documentary to as well. It's really sad to see just how good of friends they were back then & fast forward to now & they rarely speak.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/-Z2KGaxx4YM[/youtube]

Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: New Creed Documentary Clip

Post by Dolo »

So this is how What If sounded before they recorded and released it? Back in Stapp's days of prime...
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Well, they've apparently been communicating with each other since they had that random meeting at that Hotel. Hopefully that's a step in the right direction.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

It's interesting how different the lyrics were when What If was originally written.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

creed009 wrote:Well, they've apparently been communicating with each other since they had that random meeting at that Hotel. Hopefully that's a step in the right direction.
Take it from me... they haven't been in contact. lol the only contact has been Scott & Flip doing the charity stuff and putting together the retrospective.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

JaredWard wrote:
creed009 wrote:Well, they've apparently been communicating with each other since they had that random meeting at that Hotel. Hopefully that's a step in the right direction.
Take it from me... they haven't been in contact. lol the only contact has been Scott & Flip doing the charity stuff and putting together the retrospective.
Oh, well that's not so good. At least Scott and Flip seem to be getting along. Lol.

phatnonphatness
Loyal Follower

Post by phatnonphatness »

Is this the same documentary with the Do It All Over clip?

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

JaredWard wrote:
Not even Stapp and brian?

Anyways, this doesn't surprise me. With Stapps history with mental illness and drugs and what it did to the band. And Marks public shit talking about stapp in that podcast. I'm not surprised that the two would dislike each other

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Great footage.
You get a nice sense of the past comradery inside the band.
Unfortunately, the days of videos being succesful are long gone, and I don't see how Ron Ranew will get the kind of money's he's hoping for with that footage.
Seriously, who's gonna care about that stuff aside from some old school fans ?
Most people, including some band members and even the label, seemed to have moved on (the last example being that retrospective that's almost impossible to find in stores).

cesargil
Brand New Start

Post by cesargil »

What a video and what a voice! Ron wrote in the description of this video that he has 100 hours ( :eek) of footage, plus live concerts in digital audio. I need this now! :humina

Mark said that Stapp was like his brother, they used to hangout together during the holidays. That's so cool and so sad to see that nowadays they don't speak to each other.

Anyways, I guess Creed will be back sometime and I hope everybody can be happy with another reunion, specially Mark.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Obviously it would take Scott doing some apologizing to Mark. All the stuff he put him through on the last tour turned him off again but with the relationship with Flip hopefully there will be a way to repair it. If I was Mark I would be extremely cautious too.. it's not like Stapp has a great track record. lol

PS: I'm not saying I know Mark personally, this is just what I've heard through the grapevine.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Another new clip of their first performance of Say I.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/jZjfsszsqgg[/youtube]

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

lol

"the police are comin' we gotta go"

good video

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

Some "You Waste Your Time" after the bridge.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

Finaldecision wrote:Some "You Waste Your Time" after the bridge.
Good ear! :rockon

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Damn Mark, did you steal these pantaloons from your overweight uncle?

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Nice video, despite the bad sound.
I'm always amazed to see how different Stapp behaved back then as a frontman. So calm and confident, no cheesiness whatsoever.

Aaron
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Aaron »

chtimixeur wrote:Nice video, despite the bad sound.
I'm always amazed to see how different Stapp behaved back then as a frontman. So calm and confident, no cheesiness whatsoever.
Back then he had more passion and his voice was on point. I didn't start listening to them until Human Clay was about to come out, wish I could've seen a show from back in the day. Didn't actually see them until like 2006. Makes me wonder if the drugs somehow made him a better frontman until he couldn't keep it in check any more

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Aaron wrote:
chtimixeur wrote:Nice video, despite the bad sound.
Back then he had more passion and his voice was on point. I didn't start listening to them until Human Clay was about to come out, wish I could've seen a show from back in the day. Didn't actually see them until like 2006. Makes me wonder if the drugs somehow made him a better frontman until he couldn't keep it in check any more

Apart from the stale arguments that Stapp brought it all upon himself, I feel all the wrong hate the band was getting, and how propaganda and jealousy were literally ripping Stapp's confidence apart, it could have been anyone loosing themselves. If your's or my life were this public, and if people were just taking mindless digs, am sure we'd have problems too. plus the drugs made it worse.

MArk himself stated in the latest interviews that the pressures got to Stapp, some deal with them better, given how much shit Stapp was getting, am sure the addiction made it all worse.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..