'With Arms Wide Open: A Retrospective' (Nov. 20th)

A place for all Creed discussion.
JaredWard
Blood Machines

Re: 'With Arms Wide Open: A Retrospective'

Post by JaredWard »

Yeah, I wouldn't rely on that. lol we would have known already if it's coming out on the 20th. It's kind of a let down because I want to hear the demos but it's also a good thing because they can put more time & effort into it.

vChris
White Knuckled

Post by vChris »

Forget Amazon. They have the AB Box Set as an Amazon.de Exclusive... I trusted YOU, Jared... you said it's official :mope

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... -awareness

----Stapp is also hoping for a fresh start with his band Creed, which has been dormant since 2013. He participated in a golf tournament with drummer Scott Phillips, during which the idea of a reunion was discussed -- and not ruled out.

"The consensus is we'll address it once we've all finished with the projects we have scheduled over the next year and a half or two years," Stapp says. Besides his solo plans, that includes commitments Phillips, guitarist Mark Tremonti and bassist Brian Marshall have -- like a new Alter Bridge project in 2015 as well as Tremonti's solo band.

"The Creed conversation will come up again in a couple of years and we'll see how it goes. It's kinda up in the air. Right now what me and Scott Phillips talked about and bounced around was possibly the end of 2017 as being the first little window of opportunity that might work for Creed, but nothing has been set in stone. Hopefully it's something we can make happen, but we'll have to see."

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Looks like it is coming out after all? lol once again they've failed on the promotion side of things.

http://www.creed.com/blog/news/357775/c ... song-retro

Walmart Link:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/47760475
Creed Returns With a New Three-CD, Forty Song Retrospective Set

11/12/15

The Bicycle Music Company/Concord Music Group is set to release an all-new Creed compilation entitled With Arms Wide Open: A Retrospective. The three-CD 40-song heritage set features the radio singles from all four of Creed’s studio albums and collects for the first time all the band’s soundtrack hits, rarities, live and studio acoustic versions in addition to three previously unavailable demos. The CD configuration for With Arms Wide Open: A Retrospective will be a retail-exclusive title, available only at Wal-mart.

With Arms Wide Open: A Retrospective’s Disc One covers the 16 radio singles — all written by Mark Tremonti and Scott Stapp — that launched Creed into the stratosphere as one of the best-selling rock bands of all time. Included are radio edits and other versions. Disc Two officially collects for the first time on one disc all the soundtrack hits, including rare Doors covers and three never-before-released demos, “Why”, “Blistered” and “More Than This”. Creed’s true legacy is their powerful live show, which they’ve performed for millions of fans all over the world. Disc Three of With Arms Wide Open: A Retrospective includes a selection of the available studio and newly re-mastered live acoustic versions of their biggest hits.

With 40 million records sold worldwide, a highlight of the band’s many accolades is an RIAA Diamond certification signifying 10 millions records sold for Human Clay, which continues to remain one of the top 10 best-selling albums in the United States since Nielsen Soundscan tracking began in 1991. Creed won a Grammy Award for Best Rock Song for “With Arms Wide Open” and in 2000 would become the first band in history to chart seven consecutive #1 rock radio singles.

Creed is Scott Stapp, Mark Tremonti, Scott Phillips and Brian Marshall. The band members remain active, with Mark Tremonti touring for his new solo album Cauterize and Scott Stapp set to resume his Proof of Life tour as well as Scott and his wife Jaclyn appearing on Vh1’s Couples Therapy.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: 'With Arms Wide Open: A Retrospective' (Nov. 20th)

Post by Them Bones »

Mark's gonna be pissed and with reason.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

What do labels usually do for promotion, besides promoting via social media?

Also, I hope the demos are good quality, and not like the 4 bonus tracks on the Tremonti CD, or something.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Social media promotion is great but it's kind of a late start. They should have started pushing it before or when the first couples therapy episode started.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I don't know why, but I think that Box Set was planned after Stapp made that TV Show.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

cheesedip1 wrote:What do labels usually do for promotion, besides promoting via social media?

Also, I hope the demos are good quality, and not like the 4 bonus tracks on the Tremonti CD, or something.
What 4 tracks? From Cauterize? If so, those are live studio recordings from the first time they played the songs "live."
Photobucket cash grab.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Amazon has previews of the tracks from the retrospective up...including the demo songs.

Some of the acoustic live stuff is absolute shit quality. Like they were ripped from youtube. I was hoping they'd have the soundboard audio or they had studio recorded versions from back in the day of some of these. They don't belong on any type of official release at all.
Photobucket cash grab.

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

^Link?

I couldnt find one on the Amazon website. I'm curious to here the demo previews

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

yeah i don't see it

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Thanks Julio.
Photobucket cash grab.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

More Than This sounds promising.
Last edited by Them Bones on Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

I hope More Than This already has a complete vocals over it. That part before the solo in the preview sounded like a chorus with missing vocals...

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

It's releases like this that make me think that this is just a cash grab. I was in agreement with what Mark wanted to do, waiting until the 20th anniversary and releasing a lot more new content. The average fan absolutely this is new but to the average fan I believe they've moved on a long time, I believe the only people interested in Creed these days after 20 years the majority of them being inactive or hard-core fans. Back in the day I loved Creed just as much as everybody here and I thought it was a huge fan simply because I had all of the albums, then I meet people here after Creed break up and I discover the world of bootlegs and unreleased acoustic performances and I can actually say that with the exception of the demos of course I have everything in this collection. Some of it I can actually tell you exactly where it came from. The acoustic performance of overcome is from the I heart radio acoustic performances that were on YouTube.

I'm surprised that they would actually release something like this because in my opinion it is a loophole saying that something has never been released when in fact it has, just not by a label

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

:yeahthat

Except, I doubt it'll be a cash grab, I don't think a lot of non hardcores would buy it, not just that its absolutely nothing new, but cuz the way it is being promoted. I dont understand, even if they had to release something like that now, they could have included so much more material, live footage97-02 period and a lot more demos and unreleased songs.

And I absolutely agree, the majority of Creed fanbase is inactive. Creed need to realise that. They cannot just think that online fans are the only ones that matter.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

I do like more than this, sounds cool, better than why. Maybe this release was obligated? if the contract just carried over from wind up