ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AB BATMAN
Bought The CDs

Re: ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

Post by AB BATMAN »

AB BATMAN
Bought The CDs

Post by AB BATMAN »

...But the AB fans are the losers...

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Unfortunately yes. No more replacements to be expected. My queries for these by mail over the past few months remained unanswered, so I guess this means the end of this very expensive adventure. I was critical about the approach of this company from the very beginning (countdown to nothing, deleting item that was ordered and already paid for, ridiculously explained delays in shipping) and was judged for that by some over here, so thanks for that ! Indeed the hardworking and saving fans are the ultimate victims of this business misconduct of the decade. Such a shame.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Unfortunately yes. No more replacements to be expected. My queries for these by mail over the past few months remained unanswered, so I guess this means the end of this very expensive adventure. I was critical about the approach of this company from the very beginning (countdown to nothing, deleting item that was ordered and already paid for, ridiculously explained delays in shipping) and was judged for that by some over here, so thanks for that ! Indeed the hardworking and saving fans are the ultimate victims of this business misconduct of the decade. Such a shame.

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

We are not the only ones waiting.
Dear Roel,

we are waiting for the replacements to arrive. They will be despatched
immediately then.

Best regards,
AFM webshop

Redmond
Bought The CDs

Post by Redmond »

I am so happy I got my money back. Surely to God Alter Bridge won't work with these again?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ I think that's what most people, here, are hoping for.

Who knows if AB wants do something like a live release or anything non-album related again? The track record has not been kind to them (Amsterdam got delayed, though it was phenomenal. Wembley was on time, but the performance was pretty much sub-par compared a standard we hold them to, I found them insanely much better when I saw them in LA, compared to the Wembley DVD, and Milan is pretty much a big "no idea", but I think it's safe to say that it's been shelved atm).

If they do another live release or anything non-album release, I think Fret12 should get the call to do it. The Sound and the Story was received really well and I think it would be a bigger higher profile project to the company's benefit to do an AB live show dvd.

luke62
White Knuckled

Post by luke62 »

anguyen92 wrote:^^ I think that's what most people, here, are hoping for.

Who knows if AB wants do something like a live release or anything non-album related again? The track record has not been kind to them (Amsterdam got delayed, though it was phenomenal. Wembley was on time, but the performance was pretty much sub-par compared a standard we hold them to, I found them insanely much better when I saw them in LA, compared to the Wembley DVD, and Milan is pretty much a big "no idea", but I think it's safe to say that it's been shelved atm).

If they do another live release or anything non-album release, I think Fret12 should get the call to do it. The Sound and the Story was received really well and I think it would be a bigger higher profile project to the company's benefit to do an AB live show dvd.
I'm not caught up on everything that has been said and done with DC3 and his crew. I posted a while back asking some questions about him and everything that went on. I just know it's been one huge headache with everything they've done.

I sincerely hope Fret12 handles anything they can with Alter Bridge. I don't know what all they'd be given. Everything I've ever dealt with them about has been first class. I can't speak for everyone, just my own experiences. They've always done a jam up job on everything.

DC3 is a headache, to put it mildly.

AB BATMAN
Bought The CDs

Post by AB BATMAN »

More like a bad case of VD.

Found out today that the European crew who filmed Inside the Fortress and Live in Milan were never paid.

snowman
Bought The CDs

Post by snowman »

So it also looks like City Drive filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy just a month after the pre-order went live back in 2013. Maybe that's already been mentioned, but I just saw that. Probably just one more of the many reasons this whole thing was doomed from the start.

I was kind of kicking myself for not ordering one at first...obviously now I'm glad I didn't. Definitely hope AB never works with these guys again.

That being said, if AB does another live DVD down the road with a different group, I'm excited to see what they could come up with working with a truly professional company. Maybe in the long run, some good will come of this fiasco.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

So basically we were lucky to receive a boxset during all of these bankrupty procedures ?! Anyway, nothing to be expected anymore from this company i suppose. Too bad for all those waiting for replacements or even worse, the boxset itself. All this bankrupty-shit makes me wonder if this means the Wembly 3d and Milan-footage is lost forever now or did the intellectual rights for those now moved to the band, so they can surprise us in the future ? Future similar projects to fret 12 please !

AB BATMAN
Bought The CDs

Post by AB BATMAN »

Bumping this. The greatest thread in the history of this board can't leave the front page, especially since the debacle is not over.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

AB BATMAN wrote:Bumping this. The greatest thread in the history of this board can't leave the front page, especially since the debacle is not over.
its not?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: I'm not part of "we", because I didn't buy it

Post by Timotheus »

Lol, no. Every now and then you see somebody posting on Facebook that they finally got it in their mailbox, or somebody asking for information because they still don't have it. Blessed we are, AB fans.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

Received my replacement slipcase almost two weeks ago, still waiting for the replacement layflat (as they call it) and the replacement coffee table book.

Any updates on the coffee table book? I got blocked from the Facebook group.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

No, surprised by these last posts.
I thought this meanwhile had become a dead subject and nothing was happening anymore or to be expected.
My last messages & queries, months agoo, towards DC3-City Drive also remained unanswered.
Also still waiting for replacement coffee-table book, with all the errors corrected and ABIII content added.

So we can still expect replacements after all this time ?

Indeed a remarkable thread this one !

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

RoelSmoel wrote: I got blocked from the Facebook group.
Customer service pretty much. :D

Patty
White Knuckled

Post by Patty »

Why have I allowed myself to be suckered back into a debate on that damn box set page?
Credit to the original sig creator. (Please remind me who you are so I can credit you properly)

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Not the boxset of the century, but by far the thread of the century....................................

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Fuck these assholes.