The Official SHINEDOWN Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: The Official SHINEDOWN Thread

Post by Andy92 »

Timotheus wrote:I thought it was an interesting listen, but I don't think I'll be listening to it a lot.
This is my general consensus of it right now too. I do think the song writing is a little more "refreshing" compared to Amarylis which felt boring after a while. Even if I'm not a huge fan of the sound, I think the album feels like it was a more inspired effort by the band. I won't listen to this album a ton, but I'm sure I'll play some of the songs from time to time, and I'm still looking forward to seeing them in November.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Live stream is about to start. Here's the link.

https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/shinedown

Edit: Off to a good start. Sounding good. They stated that it's going to be a bit of a shorter set, only 10 songs. Good set. The only gripe I really got is no Us And Them songs. Other than that, this was actually a pretty good performance for both guys.

Second Chance
Fly From The Inside
If You Only Knew
How Did You Love (sounding really solid acoustically, but then again, most songs would have that effect)
I'll Follow You
Simple Man
Unity
Sound of Madness
Cut The Cord

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

Ok, I'm starting to come around to this album. Once you accept its a bit "lighter" than previous albums and just listen to it, its quite an enjoyable listen.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

antiwal wrote:Ok, I'm starting to come around to this album. Once you accept its a bit "lighter" than previous albums and just listen to it, its quite an enjoyable listen.
It's growing on me too. I've played it once a day since Friday. I think you can enjoy it if you don't compare it to their other albums. I think it's solid in its own right.

Rosenblaetter
Loyal Follower

Post by Rosenblaetter »

Much better than I thought it would be...
FYI I'm a woman.
--------------------
Past shows: Alter Bridge 10.11 NL, Kensington 11.11 NL, Alter Bridge 16.11 PL
Future shows: Kensington 15.02 DE, Kensington 17.02 PL, Rival Sons 18.02 PL

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Apparently, there are some bonus tracks that the Japan market got. Here they are in youtube.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/j1RMjq0eyRU[/youtube]

Never Gonna Let Go sounds like one of those standard alternative rock, Nickelback-ish/Daughtry track. It's fine in certain parts.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/D3MGypY8_j0[/youtube]

Mehh, don't like Reject at all.

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

I can see why the 2 bonus tracks were left off, pretty poor efforts and Reject is a very apt name....its frickin' awful. Possibly the worst Shinedown song I've heard...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

No idea what the idea was with Reject lol. It sounds more like a rough demo that was never mixed and mastered.

Never Gonna Let Go sounds like it could have been a ballad on The Sound of Madness to me. I loved the live acoustic version of that song, and I think the studio version is good. It reminds me of a Daughtry ballad which I understand isn't everyone's thing. But I really like that one personally.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

As generic as Never Gonna Let Go is, I still enjoyed it more than most songs on the actual album. Reject is embarrassing.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I actually really like Never Gonna Let Go. I like it a hell of a lot more than I like most of the songs on the album. As for Rejects, it's one of the worst songs they've done. Its horrible
Thanks Andy!

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

1. Rejects actually seems pretty original, even though the vocal take on that song sucks.

2. Something that always bothered me was about the SoM album. I always wondered if Jasin Todd should have got credit for stuff that he didn't. I remember him playing some of the songs like "Crow and the Butterfly" before the album was released. That made some people believe the theory that Jasin Todd was not given any songwriting credit for the songs he worked on. But idk, perhaps he really didn't work on any of the songs on SoM. Zach Myers said as much, on a recent facebook post.

Still makes me wonder if Todd got screwed over, when it came to some of the SoM songwriting credits.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I'm bored, and I'm usually a sucker for stats and setlists and this sort of information probably does not interest anyone, except maybe Andy, whose going to see Shinedown and Breaking Benjamin, but here's a general setlist for the two bands during their co-headlining tour.

Shinedown
Cut the Cord
Fly From the Inside
If You Only Knew
Unity
The Crow & The Butterfly
Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)
I'll Follow You
Enemies
State of My Head
Bully
How Did You Love
Save Me
Second Chance

Encore:
Simple Man
Sound of Madness

Breaking Benjamin
Failure
Breath
So Cold
Angels Fall
Blow Me Away
Ashes of Eden
Sooner or Later
Give Me a Sign
Imperial March / Schism / Smells Like Teen Spirit / Walk
Polyamorous
Believe
I Will Not Bow
Until the End
The Diary of Jane

Shows are also well-attended and sold out, according to the Billboard Boxscore.

Shinedown & Breaking Benjamin, Nothing More Chesapeake Energy Arena Oklahoma City, Okla. Oct. 17, 2015 $280,075 6,374/6,374 1/1 $45, $39.75 Frank Productions/NS2/CMoore Live

Shinedown & Breaking Benjamin INTRUST Bank Arena Wichita, Kan. Oct. 16, 2015 $276,661 6,710/6,710 1/1 $45, $39.75 Frank Productions/NS2/CMoore Live

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

They just toured with Black Stone Cherry and Halestorm here in the UK on the 'Carnival of Madness' tour.. Which actually wasn't much of a carnival, just a normal rock tour..

Shinedown were a solid 7/10 every night.. Lip sync'ing at every chance, faking guitar solos and overtalking between songs. Classic Shinedown.

BUT.. They had a solid set, which lacked ANY Leave A Whisper songs which pissed alot of people off, but regardless, was full of anthems. Diamond Eyes, State Of My Head, Sound Of Madness, Second Chance, Simple Man.. They were ok.

Also their drummer Barry? One of the nicest guys in rock, music, rock music, rock n roll

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

Jim wrote:Shinedown were a solid 7/10 every night.. Lip sync'ing at every chance, faking guitar solos and overtalking between songs. Classic Shinedown.
Such a sad truth. :(

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

How can a performance be 7/10 when they are faking vocals and even guitar solos? Seems like they are some wannabe Nickelback.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Why would they fake guitar solos? I don't see the point.

Nick_917
Loyal Follower

Post by Nick_917 »

That's pretty sad. I'd rather hear a crappy but real version of a song than a higher quality but they're not really playing version. They're musicians. It sucks they think they have to go down the fake road to sound good. I used to be a big fan of these guys.
"Whatever takes us away
Will be the same to drive us on."

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Mr. Slash wrote:How can a performance be 7/10 when they are faking vocals and even guitar solos? Seems like they are some wannabe Nickelback.
I don't think Nickelback fakes guitar solos, if that's what you were implying. They have lip synched the harder songs to sing though, like Never gonna be alone", and This means war". Still, the lip synch with Nickelback is pretty rare.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

As hated as nickelback is, they actually kill it live...
Thanks Timo!

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

As much as I like Shinedowns music, fake live just ain't rock music ! Disappointing this...................