Life is tough

Talk about anything and everything here.
number1
Bought The CDs

Life is tough

Post by number1 »

Hi guys. I think it is more appropriate if I post it here.

I do not know where else to go to. I am not sure whether the admins allows this type of posting even. If the admins does not allow you are free to remove my post.

Recently I ran into a horrible financial situation losing my entire savings in bad investments and ended up owing my creditors substantial amount of money. I dried up all my savings, surrender my insurance, and sold all my stocks just to pay back. I managed to borrow some money from my friends and I am very grateful for that. If you could help me even a little I am very thankful. Please help me. I am dead broke and in between job. Even my gas is still from previous month.
Once again I thank you first of all for your generous help. Here is a link of a crowd funding page that I registered for.

https://www.youcaring.com/helppaydebts

Please help me. God bless.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

I'm an asshole.

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I'm sorry I was too harsh on you the first version of this post. I really do hope that you are able to find a solution to your financial situation one way or another, but as it stands, I regret to inform you that I can't afford to aid you at this time. What tacos and timo have said about solutions both sound like good ideas or starting points so at least you've got some decent help on these forums. As for the fact that I was more sympathetic about the dog needing money for surgery and the fact I'm more sympathetic about animals; it's because animals, domestic especially, are helpess and need to be taken care of. They can't heal themselves so miraculously and it costs a ton of money as well to aid them. People have every ability to think for themselves about these types of situations and they're much more preventable so it's less of an issue. Again I'm sorry about what I said at first. But I slept on it and felt it was out of line. I hope you can forgive me, I'll understand if you won't, though. No bodies perfect. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavours.
Last edited by SHEAKENBAKEN on Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

number1
Bought The CDs

Re: Life is tough

Post by number1 »

I accept if you can't or don't want to help but please don't insult those who seek help. It is easier to say to beggar on the street get up your ass and work. That's what I am doing. I ask help to pay debts. That won't even cover my living expenses. But please don't insult.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Damn Shea, that's kinda cold considering how strongly you felt about the dog that needed money a few months back.

Good luck man. If a second job is out of the question, one alternative might be to get one of those credit cards that don't have interest for 18 months and pull a cash advance off of it to buy you some extra time w/o the vig. Might not get approved if creditors are on your ass already though.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Jesus, Shea...

Good luck, Number. Hope you find a solution.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I edited my post after I slept on it. Sorry everyone.

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

Thanks for all your suggestions. I can't get a credit card but at least i got a job now. Still won't be able to cover payment to creditors though in the given timeline.
I forgive you shea.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

I was browsing these forums reading as I usually do and I saw this thread, originally I wasn't going to post but it's been nagging me so I want to. I did not see Shea's original post but I have to agree with even the edited version. I myself am more sympathetic towards animals then I am people unless it is a severe financial situation and by severe I mean really serious. Please forgive me but I don't think $8000 is something that legal action will be taken against you for. Please understand I'm speaking from experience my father, when he was alive had a debt of about $85,000 in medical bills and not once did anyone take legal action against him.

Furthermore I would like to point something out to you, I myself am disabled living on an income of roughly $900 a month over 50% of that money has to go to pay for me to keep a roof over my head. Now here comes what I wanted to point out to you, back in 2008 I had to spend about $4000 on a completely unexpected dental emergency that I was not prepared for in any sense, in addition to that it was my first huge undertaking financially since my father's death and the first one ever in my life.

Now I didn't go asking people if I could borrow money from them nor did I go online and try to start any kind of crowdfunding campaign to ask for help. I'm really surprised and to be honest the story sounds kind of suspect to me I can't imagine anybody taking legal action against you over an $8000 debt. Sure they might be pissed off than they might hound you to get their money back but they're not going to throw you in jail or take you to court over eight grand.

So please forgive me but I don't believe your story. The last thing I want to say is that if I'm disabled and I somehow managed to pay what I needed to pay by doing whatever work I could find at the time then there is no reason that you as an able-bodied person cannot do the same for such a relatively small amount of money

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

That's in an emergencies and disasters section of that site. You had savings and stocks which is more than many people have and lost those through poor planning. No idea who you are, what happened to you (or what you did), or what you're doing with the money. Nope.

If you're in real trouble, connect with local social services. You can get food stamps (EBT) and sometimes cash assistance right away. Utilities assistance from utility companies. Basic phone service for a few dollars a month. Talk to a local bank about refinancing the loan with your car as collateral. Etc etc.

If this sounds harsh, I speak as someone who had sudden unemployment shortly after college and my credit card debt ballooned into 5 digits of debt but I paid it off with no late payments and perfect credit by careful spending, help refinancing at a kind credit union, and working up to four jobs at once.
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

8000USD is about a year average salary in my country. Legal action can be taken if the payment is not made in time. I just got a job and it will take another month before my salary is in. In the mean time this is what I can do. Good for you that you can make it through the hard times. At least I can draw inspiration from that. Like you said i HAD those saving and stocks. If you had gone through your hard time please don't put down another person who is going through it. You know how hard it feels. I am not forcing or pushing anyone here to donate. If you do I am very grateful. if you don't thanks anyway.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Well, let me be blunter, not belitting anyone going through a hard time or saying we all have equal bootstraps. But I highly suspect you're a fraud and you're not providing any detail otherwise.
https://help.youcaring.com/hc/en-us/sec ... 9-Security
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

Wow if i am a fraud i must be a terrible con man. So far 0$ collected. I just added 2 photos of the letters from my creditors. They are in Ringgit approximately RM20k or 5k USD. Please don't put down someone who is going through hard time. It already hurts what I am going through. With all these put downs it's breaking my heart. I drew courage from how some of you who overcame your financial struggles. I am doing my part too. So be emphatic when you reply.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I don't have much money and what money I do have I would almost never give out to strangers. If you were friend or family then maybe. I don't really think threads like this should be allowed. But if you need some menial cash - like a small amount, try Amazon turk. you can get a couple bucks from them for just answering surveys. might help you scrape by off mcdonalds or something.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Locked this thread because we, as a site, don't want to encourage people to randomly solicit money from strangers on the internet, especially when scams are so prevalent (even if this particular case may be legit).
Photobucket cash grab.