Tremonti's second album "Cauterize" June 2015!

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
austin.
On The Rail

Re: Tremonti's second album "Cauterize" June 2015!

Post by austin. »

If you want it you're gonna have to buy it. It'd be a nice gesture, but if I was a "small" band, I wouldn't put my music or for free.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

It's usually on YouTube or a torrent site the day of release from a random fan. If you intend on getting a copy illegally, not streaming before release isn't going to stop you. But I also don't think they should be expected to stream it either if they don't want to so I'm good waiting another week.
Last edited by Fish Tacos on Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

If people want to hear it for free, they will. It's gonna end up on streaming services like Spotify anyway.

Edit: what Tacos said.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

One-week only streaming has nothing to do with piracy. All it does is advertise the album and let people actually sample what they're getting before they buy. If people are going to steal the album, they'll do it whether it's a week earlier or not. Similarly, people who are going to buy the album are going to buy it whether they put up a preview early or not. But the people who are one the fence will get to actually hear the thing they're paying money for first; something which, given the utterly insane quantity of music out there right now, is pretty key when it comes to fence-sitters sifting through the week's releases.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I'm buying the album, but it releases in certain countries on Friday. It'll inevitably be all over the internet before the 9th because of the difference in country release dates alone.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Andy92 wrote:I'm buying the album, but it releases in certain countries on Friday. It'll inevitably be all over the internet before the 9th because of the difference in country release dates alone.
True. So we really only have to wait 4 more days instead of 8! Sweet!

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

It's being released elsewhere in 4 days? Sweet. I'll get to jam it this weekend :)

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I thought the whole reason it was delayed was to make a worldwide release date?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Releases in Europe and the US are always a few days apart. It probably was delayed so it wouldn't be like the release of AB III where there was a gap of a month between the 2.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

devv88 wrote:One-week only streaming has nothing to do with piracy. All it does is advertise the album and let people actually sample what they're getting before they buy. If people are going to steal the album, they'll do it whether it's a week earlier or not. Similarly, people who are going to buy the album are going to buy it whether they put up a preview early or not. But the people who are one the fence will get to actually hear the thing they're paying money for first; something which, given the utterly insane quantity of music out there right now, is pretty key when it comes to fence-sitters sifting through the week's releases.
Yep, and the streams are always low quality stuff anyway.

If I'm reaching, I'd say Tim's response could be taking austin's question as asking if he could have a stream at that very instant :lol But either way, only a few days remain.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:
devv88 wrote:One-week only streaming has nothing to do with piracy. All it does is advertise the album and let people actually sample what they're getting before they buy. If people are going to steal the album, they'll do it whether it's a week earlier or not. Similarly, people who are going to buy the album are going to buy it whether they put up a preview early or not. But the people who are one the fence will get to actually hear the thing they're paying money for first; something which, given the utterly insane quantity of music out there right now, is pretty key when it comes to fence-sitters sifting through the week's releases.
Yep, and the streams are always low quality stuff anyway.

If I'm reaching, I'd say Tim's response could be taking austin's question as asking if he could have a stream at that very instant :lol But either way, only a few days remain.
I'd say you're reaching to the sun on that one, Ubik. Austin worded it pretty clear to me to understand he means at all and not just at this instant.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

They're working on having all major CDs released on the same date soon I've heard, but as of now it's still Friday for parts of Europe and Australia, Monday for UK and some other parts of Europe, and Tuesday for the US. Once Fret 12 distributes the CDs to retailers, the retailers will follow the release day of the respective country its located in.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

The US should never be last! Guns! BBQ! Reality TV! RAWR

DCooper727
TABN.com Citizen

Post by DCooper727 »

Fish Tacos wrote:The US should never be last! Guns! BBQ! Reality TV! RAWR
We're lucky to get the album at all :lol I know Tremonti tours the US because of the fans that love him, but the crowds in the US shows are just god awful. Them not reacting in the slightest bit would just make me not want to play here.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

DCooper727 wrote:
We're lucky to get the album at all :lol I know Tremonti tours the US because of the fans that love him, but the crowds in the US shows are just god awful. Them not reacting in the slightest bit would just make me not want to play here.
I don't understand that. I lost my mind everytime I've seen Alter Bridge. I lost my voice screaming along. Many people are definitely mellow though. It's like they are afraid to let people see them let loose.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Sometimes people just don't like to let loose at shows. I've been to shows on work nights where I'm just too tired to really get into it, but it doesn't mean I'm not enjoying the show. But I usually at least put my fist in the air during choruses to show I'm enjoying the music lol.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: although Micky left after he played.

Post by zazthespaz »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote:
DCooper727 wrote:
I don't understand that. I lost my mind everytime I've seen Alter Bridge. I lost my voice screaming along. Many people are definitely mellow though. It's like they are afraid to let people see them let loose.
Yeah, every show I've been to, the crowd's pretty receptive and sings along. I saw Tremonti open for Seether and he got a pretty good reception as an opener.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

It also depends on the market, NY is a pretty good market.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Whenever i see AB or Tremonti, its usually in or around Chicago, and thats a pretty good place for a Tremonti related show, always a pretty good crowd.
Thanks Timo!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I saw Alter Bridge in Huntington, WV, and the crowd was kinda nuts because they were right next to Marshall's campus. College town >> loud music >> beer. They didn't really care who was playing, it was gonna get a bit wild haha.