SMK&C 2014 Tour

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Patty
White Knuckled

Re: SMK&C 2014 Tour

Post by Patty »

It wasn't that crazy...
Credit to the original sig creator. (Please remind me who you are so I can credit you properly)

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, the last show of the Europe tour is today. About two months until the next show in Japan, I think? Aside from doing a show with Gov't Mule on New Year's Eve, what's next for Myles during this break?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Hopefully he takes a bit of an actual break lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

anguyen92 wrote:Well, the last show of the Europe tour is today. About two months until the next show in Japan, I think? Aside from doing a show with Gov't Mule on New Year's Eve, what's next for Myles during this break?
Work on his solo record.

They're doing Immigrant Song tonight?! PLEASE MYLES HIT THAT HIGH NOTE! I'M BEGGING YOU!

Krissie
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Krissie »

Slash mentioned in this interview that Myles will do AB in January, but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere else...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash- ... een-bands/

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Yeah, I do not know when was that interview taken, but at this point, there is no announcement or plans at all for any AB touring in January.

That said, if they want to do anything studio-related like a cover album or playing songs live in a studio and film it, or do some small (smaller) venue shows, fine by me.

Or maybe, Myles will finally put the time to put the finishing touches on that solo album.

Any of these options are fine.

Krissie
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Krissie »

anguyen92 wrote:Yeah, I do not know when was that interview taken, but at this point, there is no announcement or plans at all for any AB touring in January.

That said, if they want to do anything studio-related like a cover album or playing songs live in a studio and film it, or do some small (smaller) venue shows, fine by me.

Or maybe, Myles will finally put the time to put the finishing touches on that solo album.

Any of these options are fine.

Yeah, all those options sound good, but if I could choose, it would be finishing the solo album :)
Just like many other fans, I can't wait for that one, but I'm not holding my breath :D

olof79
Rise Today

Post by olof79 »

Sounds like Glenn Hughes is out of his absolute prime after 40 years in it. well, well it happens to the best of us. The song sounded good though (Burn). Or maybe he just had a bit of a off night.

ESPImperium
Bought The CDs

Post by ESPImperium »

Back from hospital after Thursday nights gig, i have badly bruised ribs. Im the 5th that the hospital has seen after the gig. Hospital very critical of band, hospital asked me where i was in crowd and said the last time they saw such injuries was back in the days when football (stadiums) stadiums had no seats.

It would have been better if Myles had spotted problems, stopped the song and cooled down the crowd, but that may cause riots in that crowd. Not complaining as it was a good night. Just my only night ill ever see Slash.

Patty
White Knuckled

Post by Patty »

ESPImperium wrote:Back from hospital after Thursday nights gig, i have badly bruised ribs. Im the 5th that the hospital has seen after the gig. Hospital very critical of band, hospital asked me where i was in crowd and said the last time they saw such injuries was back in the days when football (stadiums) stadiums had no seats.

It would have been better if Myles had spotted problems, stopped the song and cooled down the crowd, but that may cause riots in that crowd. Not complaining as it was a good night. Just my only night ill ever see Slash.
You should probably get a seat or stand at the back next time.

As I said before, it wasn't that crazy. I was right up at the front. If a band were to stop for every little bit of pushing or shoving or the odd mosh pit, then you'll be at the venue all night before they finish their set.
Credit to the original sig creator. (Please remind me who you are so I can credit you properly)

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Myles has more than once talked to the crowd to cool them down. I'm sure I read he did it at least once this tour. Still sucks, ESPImperium.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Patty wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:Back from hospital after Thursday nights gig, i have badly bruised ribs. Im the 5th that the hospital has seen after the gig. Hospital very critical of band, hospital asked me where i was in crowd and said the last time they saw such injuries was back in the days when football (stadiums) stadiums had no seats.

You should probably get a seat or stand at the back next time.

As I said before, it wasn't that crazy. I was right up at the front. If a band were to stop for every little bit of pushing or shoving or the odd mosh pit, then you'll be at the venue all night before they finish their set.
There's no reason for 5 people to end up at the hospital after a gig. Just because it wasn't that crazy in your area doesn't mean it was great everywhere else. No one should be forced to sit all the way in the back to avoid getting injured at a show.

Just ask Randy Blythe about concert safety. I'm pretty sure he'd disagree with your take on it. Now am I saying there shouldn't be any type of moshing at a show? No, I'm not that big of a stuck up about it. But there's a difference between some pushing and shoving and at least 5 people ending up at the hospital.
Last edited by Andy92 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

You forgot the "ing", Andy.....

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

It's still not in the control of the band.. They don't see everything. Like I said, if Myles sees something like that he usually mentions it.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Timotheus wrote:It's still not in the control of the band.. They don't see everything. Like I said, if Myles sees something like that he usually mentions it.
Security should be the people taking care of things, but I was more or less referencing the people at the concert in general, not whether or not the band said anything about it. I just don't think having to move to the back of the venue to keep from getting injured is a fair way to handle it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I agree about the security, but there's so much they can do at the front of the venue when there are still thousands of people behind the first rows. It's in nobody's control. I've often stood on the front row or on the first few rows. There's nothing you can do on your own. I've been to Mastodon shows that were perfectly fine and to Biffy Clyro shows that were totally insane and the other way around.
Last edited by Timotheus on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Timotheus wrote:I agree about the security, but there's so much they can do at the front of the venue when there are still thousands of people behind the first rows. It's in nobody's control.
Nobodies but the people themselves, anyways. They have control over how rough they're going to be.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Timotheus wrote:I agree about the security, but there's so much they can do at the front of the venue when there are still thousands of people behind the first rows. It's in nobody's control.
Nobodies but the people themselves, anyways. They have control over how rough they're going to be.
I edited my previous post: "I've often stood on the front row or on the first few rows. There's nothing you can do on your own. I've been to Mastodon shows that were perfectly fine and to Biffy Clyro shows that were totally insane and the other way around."
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Timotheus wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
I edited my previous post: "I've often stood on the front row or on the first few rows. There's nothing you can do on your own. I've been to Mastodon shows that were perfectly fine and to Biffy Clyro shows that were totally insane and the other way around."
I saw the edit after I posted my response so oh well. Can't go back.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

On another note, they are playing the Welcome to Rockville festival in Jacksonville, Florida along with Slipknot, Papa Roach, Halestorm, Mark's band, etc.