Decyfer Down

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Decyfer Down

Post by facelessman07 »

Big announcement today at 6pm according to their Facebook

Oh what, oh what, oh what could it be?!

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

New album and tour in 2015 utilizing Kickstarter

Yeah that was kinda what I expected

I have mixed emotions. They didn't really tour and support their last album that well so I'm not sure what to expect from this cycle.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Saw that. Hoping it's better & heavier than the last album.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Well.. the kickstarter was unsuccessful.

Backers

$15,188
Pledged of $40,000 goal

Feel bad for the guys.

Krypticism
Brand New Start

Post by Krypticism »

Well that sucks. Saw them reply to a FB comment that they're going back to EoG tunings. Personally I feel they need to do EoG lyrics, Crash rhythm and production, and with a little of that Scarecrow southern rock twang for TJs vocals.

Also, while I'm making a wish list, let's get Caleb on bass and backing vocals. Can't even imagine how sick that five piece DD would be.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Krypticism wrote:Well that sucks. Saw them reply to a FB comment that they're going back to EoG tunings. Personally I feel they need to do EoG lyrics, Crash rhythm and production, and with a little of that Scarecrow southern rock twang for TJs vocals.

Also, while I'm making a wish list, let's get Caleb on bass and backing vocals. Can't even imagine how sick that five piece DD would be.
IF Caleb ever joined DD again (which would be one of the happiest days of my life) there's no way he would be limited to background vocals. If you want EoG lyrics and the Crash rhythm then you want Caleb doing virtually all the songwriting, yunno since he did most of what you listed above, minus the Fighting Instinct covers and work on Scarecrow. As much as I admire and respect TJ as a vocalist, Caleb imo blows him out of the water, in terms of the trademark DD sound. Once Caleb left, their music was never the same

Utilizing him in the background would be a waste, his voice is so unique and distinguishable

Still hoping he gets back into music one day.....

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Well, looks like part of my wish came true. Caleb and Josh playing a gig together this weekend at a church I think. It's in Myrtle a Beach, only about an hour and a half from where I live. If I can cancel my current plans I'm making the trip...

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Just tuned into Facebook and saw where they're recording drums for the new record...

BUT......

Josh is not tracking them, apparently the drummer from Disciple is. I guess Josh's involvement with the band has slowly started to fade, especially since he hasn't been touring with them

Still want to find a vid or hear some audio of he and Caleb jamming back in March

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Yup, Josh just announced on his FB that he has stepped down as the drummer. Not a big surprise, but still...

Glad I got to see him live with the band, great performer and an even better person

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Well, dreams do come true

Caleb is now the worship leader at a church not too far from my home

This is awesome he'a back in music