FOO FIGHTERS!

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: FOO FIGHTERS!

Post by Timotheus »

Yea okay, it's definitely a grower.. I'm starting to like this album better than Wasting Lights. It's an album, not just a collection of pop songs. It's got its flaws but it's a lot more adventurous and exciting than what they've done in a long time. It's less catchy, which means it needs more listens, but like Mr. Slash said, those songs and albums are usually the best.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

What is exciting about hearing "I Am A River" repeated for 3 minutes? :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I just like the lyrics of the 1st half of the song and, musically, and in a building to a climax kind of way, the 2nd half is great. Dave screaming "I Am A River" though does kill it a bit. What the heck was he thinking doing that?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

It's just the chorus.. It takes more than 3 minutes before you get to the first chorus btw, and there's plenty of instrumental in between.

The song's got a beautiful intro, a great dynamic build-up in the verses. The chorus is really good as well, even though the last one might be a bit too much, but considering it's the last track of the album I don't really mind.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, got some touring news from them. They are doing the UK stadiums. Timo, you might like this news. Royal Blood is a support band for the Wembley shows, I think.

Sunderland Stadium of Light May 25th
Manchester Cricket Ground May 27th
London Wembley Stadium June 19th
London Wembley Stadium June 20th
Edinburgh Murryfield Stadium June 23rd

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Andy92 wrote:What is exciting about hearing "I Am A River" repeated for 3 minutes? :lol
Dunno, probably the same thing that makes listening to "Smiles can dam the river" repeated for two minutes so exciting. :shifty

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I don't think any of that is grammatically correct.

Post by zazthespaz »

Really like "In the Clear". Intro sounds kind of like Congregation which may be part of it. Really notice the NOLA references too which is cool. Dave said being in NOLA revived his passion for music and I think it comes through in this song. So catchy.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Didn't think it was possible to like Outside even more.. Great episode again.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: It's the little things.

Post by zazthespaz »

Timotheus wrote:Didn't think it was possible to like Outside even more.. Great episode again.
Taylor's reaction to Joe Walsh's solo was hilarious (and accurate). There was also a shot where Joe Walsh was standing next to Dave who was sitting down in a full brimmed hat and the look on Dave's face was priceless.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Lol yea, he really loved that solo :D

Somehow I thought the shot of Walsh in that car at the end (when they were playing the song) was really funny. Sooo cheesy. I felt like they put a lot more time in this video than in the others..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Timotheus wrote:Lol yea, he really loved that solo :D

Somehow I thought the shot of Walsh in that car at the end (when they were playing the song) was really funny. Sooo cheesy. I felt like they put a lot more time in this video than in the others..
I think the fact that the episode is filmed in their area of LA made it a lot more easier for them to film.

In other news, I checked their setlist at the Roxy. They played all five songs (out of 27 played) from the new album. That's pretty good for a band that has numerous well-known songs.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Hope they keep adding new songs after the episodes get aired.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: he should've been standing on the hood

Post by zazthespaz »

Timotheus wrote:Somehow I thought the shot of Walsh in that car at the end (when they were playing the song) was really funny. Sooo cheesy. I felt like they put a lot more time in this video than in the others..
haha me too. i don't know if it was supposed to look cheesy or not but it made me appreciate the video that much more
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Got to listen to all of it the other day. It's definitely solid and well produced but I still think their last album was much better overall. I liked every song except for Subterranean & I Am A River which fell flat after the the first minute or so. (way too repetitive and stale imo)

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, the US shows have been announced. There are two SoCal shows. One at The Forum in Inglewood on a Monday (21-Sep) and one at the Honda Center in Anaheim on a Friday (18-Sep).

Ok, baby, I should not have school around that time, so I got to do my best get a ticket to one of those shows. Preferably, the one at the Forum since I hate the Honda Center, for hockey reasons.

http://www.foofighters.com/news/north-a ... -info-here

If anyone have any presale codes for either one of those shows when the time has come, please pm me as I do not know how to obtain one.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Now I want to go to NOLA

Post by zazthespaz »

"In the Clear" is probably my favorite Sonic Highways episode. Did a very good job paying homage to the musicians of the past and giving the history of New Orleans. Good, uplifting episode.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, I got the pre-sale code for the shows. I still do not know which one do I want. The LA show slightly more expensive than Anaheim, but Anaheim is only 20 min. from here compared to like an hour to the Forum. Ohhh, but I hate the Honda Center. Decisions. Decisions.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Listening to the album for the first time. My thoughts coming up...
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Well, I can say it's okay at best. It just wasn't memorable for me. I really liked Outside and Something From Nothing. But the rest just aren't adventurous enough for me.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Otherwise I burn the album art of nyc in effigy.

Post by zazthespaz »

I'm gonna hate when this HBO series is over, even the songs/music I'm not so fond of, the episode is freaking awesome. Never realized that Subterranean was about Kurt Cobain/Nirvana and knowing that puts a completely different spin on how i view the song. Key things know is that the studio they recorded in for this was also where the last nirvana album and first foo fighters album were recorded. That and knowing that writing and recording new music in the same studio helped Dave through Kurt's death really sheds new light on the song. Hoping next week improves my view of I Am a River.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says