Instrumental/ No vocals?

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
nagpo
On The Rail

Instrumental/ No vocals?

Post by nagpo »

Anyone know if any versions of the songs exist without the vocals? I only ask because I find it hard to hear tremonti sometimes under myles during some chorus moments and I want to focus in on how mark fills in the music. If that makes any sense at all.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Instrumental/ No vocals?

Post by anguyen92 »

There are some karaoke covers of some of the singles (Open Your Eyes, Rise Today, Broken Wings). Also, the instructional DVD that Mark and Myles did, Fortress: The Sound and the Story, have all 12 tracks of Fortress (no backup vocals though) in instrumentals.

Edit: I don't know how you feel about other people playing their songs, but there's this guy on youtube, Karl Golden, that did an instrumental cover of Blackbird, Cry of Achilles, and Addicted to Pain and some Slash songs as well amongst others.

HappyHogJens
White Knuckled

Post by HappyHogJens »

There's original instrumentals available of the 12 Fortress songs, plus Come to Life and Ties That Bind. For the last two there's also guitar only, bass only, drums only and vocals only available. It's all on Youtube I believe.
The Fortress songs aren't however.

EDIT there's no existing way to listen to Mark's isolated vocals though. The Come to Life and Ties That Bind "Vocals Only" versions consist of Both Myles and Mark singing together, not separated.

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

Can someone upload those 12 instrumental tracks? :(

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Against copyright rules to do that.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Pretty much. The only way to get those is to get that Sound and the Story DVD. Don't worry, it's only about $40 bucks and there's bound to be a good amount of stuff on it even if you don't want to watch the lessons.

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

yeah I'm looking forward to buy it

HappyHogJens
White Knuckled

Post by HappyHogJens »

Tim Tournier got them to put the instrumentals on the DVD in the first place. And since he's a bro, We shouldn't upload that stuff.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

HappyHogJens wrote:Tim Tournier got them to put the instrumentals on the DVD in the first place. And since he's a bro, We shouldn't upload that stuff.
:yeahthat

Tim is awesome. And he's going to make a digital version happen. Hopefully.

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

Yup thats going to happen

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I don't understand why Roadrunner didn't do a special edition package with all the Fortress instrumentals on a second disc.
I'd definitely buy those 4 albums again if I could have the instrumentals. It gives you a new perspective on the album and allows you to focus 100% on the musicianship. Plus, you hear details that didn't stick out the first time. I just love that stuff, but maybe that's just me...

One thing I'd love AB to do is to do what Lamb of God did a few years ago. They had a special edition of the album where you had all the stems (rhythm guitar/lead guitar/bass/drums/vocals...), which allowed the most die hard fans to do a remix of their own.
It's not like these stems have any use once the album is officially released, so this could be a good way to make some extra money for the band, and who knows, we may have some cool amateur remixes here and there on youtube.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Been a while since I looked up the karaoke versions but iirc there's something funky about them. Almost as if they're recorded versions of the Guitar Pro tabs after someone hit play.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

chtimixeur wrote:I don't understand why Roadrunner didn't do a special edition package with all the Fortress instrumentals on a second disc.
I'd definitely buy those 4 albums again if I could have the instrumentals. It gives you a new perspective on the album and allows you to focus 100% on the musicianship. Plus, you hear details that didn't stick out the first time. I just love that stuff, but maybe that's just me...

One thing I'd love AB to do is to do what Lamb of God did a few years ago. They had a special edition of the album where you had all the stems (rhythm guitar/lead guitar/bass/drums/vocals...), which allowed the most die hard fans to do a remix of their own.
It's not like these stems have any use once the album is officially released, so this could be a good way to make some extra money for the band, and who knows, we may have some cool amateur remixes here and there on youtube.
They have the instrumentals on the Fortress Sound & Story DVD, and although they aren't quite the studio versions (they have Mark and Myles playing live on top) they still sound lovely. I agree in general though, a release like that would be awesome, but I suppose there just might not be enough people around willing to buy to make it worthwhile. A download-only release would suit me fine to be honest.

EDIT - Should probably read the whole thread before I respond in future :lol
For all of the hope that it brings...