The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

They are playing this festival in Minnesota called the Moondance Jam. Here's the set times. Just the 1st of two small-ball festivals that they are playing in the states for the next two days.

http://www.moondancejam.com/

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Wow...it looks they're going to get some good playing time!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

If those times are legit, that would be a great show to see. Love me some Collective Soul, along with AB.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

liz-o
Bought The CDs

Post by liz-o »

One Drew Remains wrote:If those times are legit, that would be a great show to see. Love me some Collective Soul, along with AB.
Ditto! I had no idea they were playing back-to-back today until just a few minutes ago. CS and AB have paired well together for years in my old iPod playlists, so the people that get to experience it LIVE better enjoy it tonight! That jam better be moondancin'... or that dancing moon better be jammin'... :headscratch :D

liz-o
Bought The CDs

Post by liz-o »

Will Turpin (the bassist for Collective Soul) posted this Instagram video a few hours ago from Moondance Jam, featuring a small snippet of sidestage footage of AB performing "Waters Rising":

http://instagram.com/p/qkqE5nM4Oz/

Will posts on Instagram about the same amount that Myles does, so the fact that he filmed this is fantastic to me. Both of my favorite bands finally performed at a festival back-to-back! :D

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

I love that on twitter Zach Myers from Shinedown replied and said to tell the AB guys hi. :)

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I was at Fry's today with my dad since he wanted to pick up a flash drive. Checked the music section, and was somewhat hoping to find Big Wreck's Ghosts album, and found one copy of Fortress for $12. I was like pahhhh, I've spent $11 for my copy and I got the bonus track that goes with it. Value-town man. Sweet value.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

some dude over at the gnr forums said myles cant write a chorus at all, and based it on AB. the fuck.

CoA?
All Hope is Gone?
Blackbird?
and PLENTY of other songs with awesome choruses, written by Myles himself.

Opinions are opinions, but thats just absurd.
Thanks Timo!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

What is the definition of a good chorus? Something catchy that we can sing along with? I think most, if not all, AB songs have that covered in the bag.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I'm not sure what kind of chorus he's looking for. All Ends Well has a huge hook. Sometimes AB choruses can be pretty similar as far as structure goes, but that doesn't mean Myles can't write one.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Andy92 wrote:I'm not sure what kind of chorus he's looking for. All Ends Well has a huge hook. Sometimes AB choruses can be pretty similar as far as structure goes, but that doesn't mean Myles can't write one.
Exactly. Myles certainly is more than capable of writing a fantastic chorus.
anguyen92 wrote:What is the definition of a good chorus? Something catchy that we can sing along with? I think most, if not all, AB songs have that covered in the bag.
I think its really a matter of preference. But the guy also said that he doesnt like Brent Fitz cause of his hair and face, so who knows what his deal is. And yeah, AB songs are very singable.
Thanks Timo!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

nothing to see here

Post by austinjhnsn »

Hmmm.

BOX SET UPDATE FROM DANIEL CATULLO HIMSELF.

"UPDATE-The coffee table books are done! I have a deal for everybody-we have never shown anybody what the final coffee table books look like! If we can go 4 straight days on this page without anybody complaining, I will post a detailed video of a coffee table book! That means this Friday we will unveil the final! The big disc binder is now the last item and we will be ready to start delivering! Getting closer......."
Thanks Timo!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: nothing to see here

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

austinjhnsn wrote:Hmmm.

"UPDATE-The coffee table books are done! I have a deal for everybody-we have never shown anybody what the final coffee table books look like! If we can go 4 straight days on this page without anybody complaining, I will post a detailed video of a coffee table book! That means this Friday we will unveil the final! The big disc binder is now the last item and we will be ready to start delivering! Getting closer......."
FFS who cares about the complainers? They're going to do it simply because he told them not to!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

FFS who cares about the complainers? They're going to do it simply because he told them not to!
:yeahthat . I've learned that if you say do not do something on the internet, some people will do just that, because they want to stir up unnecessary crap for no good reason.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

anguyen92 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

:yeahthat . I've learned that if you say do not do something on the internet, some people will do just that, because they want to stir up unnecessary crap for no good reason.
The fact that we're waiting on just one more item now though is kind of a good thing. Now I just hope the very last item doesn't take another month or two to get ready.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I'd like to believe people are better than that, and after Dan is nice enough to let us see the product before we have it like that, is kinda cool.
Thanks Timo!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

austinjhnsn wrote:I'd like to believe people are better than that, and after Dan is nice enough to let us see the product before we have it like that, is kinda cool.
It's the internet. People, on the internet, are not better than that (example would be certainly the occasional Myles bashing in the GNR forum).

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Thats more than occasional, on the GNR forums, I swear every page of the slash thing has someone complaining.
Thanks Timo!

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

anguyen92 wrote:They are playing this festival in Minnesota called the Moondance Jam. Here's the set times. Just the 1st of two small-ball festivals that they are playing in the states for the next two days.

http://www.moondancejam.com/
So AB support the headliner at download and then get put behind Collective Soul and Seether?
ARE YOU AVIN' A LAUGH

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

It's just how it is in the states. It's not even a high-profile festival like Rock on the Range or Carolina Rebellion and the band was not on full touring at that time, like they were doing during the last few months so, no worries there.