SEVENDUST

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
AB23
Still Remains

Re: SEVENDUST

Post by AB23 »

good fucking album. hopefully theyve found what they excel at, and that sure as hell isnt hard, fast ,screamo

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I do prefer the acoustic stuff, but they're really good at playing heavy material too. I'm not a huge fan of the screaming, but I still dig some of their heavier songs. Till Death had a good mix of screaming and clean vocals, and I really like that song. But I will agree that I think they excel at acoustic based music.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

AB23 wrote:good fucking album. hopefully theyve found what they excel at, and that sure as hell isnt hard, fast ,screamo
What they excel at is melody, which is great in their acoustic AND their heavy stuff. It's this combination that makes Sevendust as great as they are. They should never ever ever give up on their heavier music.

A few great examples: Suffocate, Face to Face, Live Again, Splinter, Forever, Unraveling, etc. etc.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

Not the biggest fan of the acoustic stuff. Great to hear some of the older songs though. Denial and Karma sound badass. Lajon is a fine vocalist. I'd say Myles, Brent Smith and Lajon are my top 3 modern rock vocalists. But I like the heavier side of SD. Pieces is one of my favorite songs.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:Not the biggest fan of the acoustic stuff. Great to hear some of the older songs though. Denial and Karma sound badass. Lajon is a fine vocalist. I'd say Myles, Brent Smith and Lajon are my top 3 modern rock vocalists. But I like the heavier side of SD. Pieces is one of my favorite songs.
100% agree with that statement

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Bought the album, incredible so far.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:Not the biggest fan of the acoustic stuff. Great to hear some of the older songs though. Denial and Karma sound badass. Lajon is a fine vocalist. I'd say Myles, Brent Smith and Lajon are my top 3 modern rock vocalists. But I like the heavier side of SD. Pieces is one of my favorite songs.

Brent Smith? The lead singer of Shinedown? The dude lip syncs songs religiously and hasnt sung a chorus live in his whole career? haha that sorta surprises me

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

AB23 wrote:

Brent Smith? The lead singer of Shinedown? The dude lip syncs songs religiously and hasnt sung a chorus live in his whole career? haha that sorta surprises me
That's uncalled for in this thread.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

anguyen92 wrote:
AB23 wrote:

That's uncalled for in this thread.
What... how is that uncalled for. I just said it surprises me

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, psycosquirrel made an opinion that Lajon is one of his favorite modern rock vocalist along with Myles and Brent Smith and you pretty much stated that statement "hasnt sung a chorus live in his whole career" where you could have just let that one slide even if you are questioning it.

I'll admit it there are times where it is plausible that Brent did "lip-sync" while there are other moments (check out the various acoustic videos) where he's legit, imo, but that has nothing to with this thread.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Look up some videos of him singing live in the mid 2000s...dude used to slay it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Its a thread though... and I was commenting on it. I'm not like upset, I literally was just saying why because you know the dude lip syncs. If he's okay with that, then fine. Not judging at all. I sorta just think youre overreacting

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Andy92 wrote:Look up some videos of him singing live in the mid 2000s...dude used to slay it.
Oh no doubt he has a voice. I just dont think he uses it live anymore. I wouldn't ever see them live because theyre between song speeches are so corny and cheesy, and half of it is lip sync or backing stuff.

But I mean, if the guy still likes his voice then that's fine.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I was just talking about where you said he hadn't ever sung a chorus live lol. He used to sing every single note live. I don't think he's as good now as he used to be, but he's still really good. Nowadays he pretty much uses backing tracks live unless he's singing acoustic though.

BastiMix
Loyal Follower

Post by BastiMix »

I loved the rendition of Denial as well as the new song Bonfire (a word that for some reason I don't like^^), solid album overall, I enjoyed it.
Please give them a like :)

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Favorites so far: One Life, The Wait, and Come Down.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

After numerous times of listening to the songs of the new album, I really enjoy Upbeat Sugar. The verses has a lot of good things going.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

anguyen92 wrote:After numerous times of listening to the songs of the new album, I really enjoy Upbeat Sugar. The verses has a lot of good things going.
That song is killer, but my favorite part is the chorus. 2nd favorite song on the album next to One Life.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Good stuff as always from Sevendust. Can't wait to see them live and plugged in again.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Found a retweet from Wolfgang that led me on this video. Solid stuff.
Sevendust plays "Come Down" LIVE at The Gothic Theater in Denver, CO.

Sevendust is featured in The Headliner Club Series presented by Budweiser, September 23rd at 11 ET|8 PT.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/7mPG6_LpqLw[/youtube]

For those that have AXS TV (not me anymore, sadly), I think they are showing a proshot of highlights of one of the acoustic shows that Sevendust were doing earlier in the year.