10. Withered Delilah
11. Battleground
12. Dirty Girl
13. Iris of the Storm
14. Avalon
15. The Dissident
16. Safari Inn
17. The Unholy
WORLD ON FIRE is available four weeks in advance of the UK general release as a Classic Rock Fanpack, which consists of
• The Full Album
• 116 page magazine featuring exclusive interviews with Slash, the band, producer Michael Baskette and cover artist Ron English. A Slash and Myles track-by-track breakdown. Exclusive pictures from the recording sessions as well as a brand new shoot, competition and much more.
• Giant double sided A1 poster
• Metal Pin Badge

Source
Last edited by Timotheus on Tue May 27, 2014 8:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Re: Slash ft. MK & The Conspirators "WORLD ON FIRE"

Post by austinjhnsn »

Nice! Pretty interesting album cover, and they kept Safari Inn on it. So excited.
Thanks Timo!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Dirty Girl :facepalm

Post by Timotheus »

Yea, I think interesting is the right way to describe it :D It's pretty cool imo..

Safari Inn was the instrumental song, right? I'm pretty excited about Avalon and Withered Delilah as well based solely on the song titles. Can't wait till June 16th for our first sneakpeak!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Very interesting stuff here..can honestly say I had no interest in Apocolyptic Love and didn't really enjoy it, but I'm really looking forward to this one. Just a pipe dream, but what if Battleground is Slash's take on Fortress? :headscratch
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Updated the first post with a higher quality picture of the cover and this:
WORLD ON FIRE is available four weeks in advance of the UK general release as a Classic Rock Fanpack, which consists of
• The Full Album
• 116 page magazine featuring exclusive interviews with Slash, the band, producer Michael Baskette and cover artist Ron English. A Slash and Myles track-by-track breakdown. Exclusive pictures from the recording sessions as well as a brand new shoot, competition and much more.
• Giant double sided A1 poster
• Metal Pin Badge
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ariana
Bought The CDs

Post by Ariana »

I'm... not sure I like the cover. :rolleyes Looking forward to the single, though.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Already feels more adventerous than Apocalyptic Love. 17 tracks is a lot, and an instrumental?! Plus, those song titles sound pretty interesting.
Thanks Timo!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

OMG! SO EXCITED! Those song titles are really interesting....

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well then. This is a lot to take in. First off, if there are worst album covers than the Fortress one, this would be one of them, so let's be thankful for that. Ok, maybe worst is too much of a word. It's a bit a lot to take in compared to the Slash and AL cover. The song titles. Hmmm. I usually reserve criticism of the titles until I hear the songs.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I don't really see the problem with the cover? It's chaotic and ugly but it means something + it's done pretty well imo.. There's so much in there.. It even has Mr. Krabs and Gary from Spongebob :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I love the cover, I actually think it's one of the best album covers I've seen! I think on the whole many people on this board are so used to the standard post-grunge serious tone to music that anything remotely light hearted or with a less serious tone just gets dismissed.

I really enjoyed Apocalyptic Love, and all the snippets from the Reel to Real videos suggest that this album will be considerably better. Although the sheer amount of songs worry me, I just hope it's not full of filler, although some of these songs must be interludes. I'm not one to get excited over song titles, but as already said, they do sound more adventurous.

Carrie Anne
Brand New Start

Post by Carrie Anne »

I didn't like the cover at first, for kind of a dumb reason... as a music nerd who is somewhat covered in ink, I like album covers/art that is tattoo-able! BUT, hey...what was Slash going to do--have more cartoon-y, pinup chicks? I think it's different and interesting, and it's growing on me... and no one likely cares what I think anyway!

I too am a little concerned about the amount of tracks. That many can mean filler. But I have faith in the band, and in Elvis. They are all amazing and if anyone can knock out nearly a dozen and a half killer songs, it's them!

I loved Apocalyptic Love. Everything I've read and heard about World on Fire--about it being heavier, more rock, etc.--makes me confident it's going to be amazing!

So...June 16th is circled on my calendar...can't wait for a taste of the new music!

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

Well I think that AL with the bonus tracks was 15 songs and they all killed. So another two with one given as an instrumental? Should be no filler here. I can't wait!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

The cover is cool. Its outlandish, and theres a lot to take in, hopefully thats how the music is.
Thanks Timo!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

The tank in the bottom right is a McDonald's.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

Wow that's probably the worst album cover in the history of music. hahaha I grew to like Fortress'.... so maybe there is hope. But probably not. Its so bad. lol

Cannot wait for this record. Single is coming sooner than I expected, should be really interesting.

Nick
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Nick »

I wasn't interested in this album until I saw the cover. Now I'm going to have to listen to it.
BSC wrote:I love the cover, I actually think it's one of the best album covers I've seen! I think on the whole many people on this board are so used to the standard post-grunge serious tone to music that anything remotely light hearted or with a less serious tone just gets dismissed.
Probably this. Some people need to get a little more adventurous. Weird is good!
gbruin wrote:Everything Nick says is true. Even when he disagrees with me. Then it's extra true.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I wonder if some of the stuff on the cover represent the songs in some way? Tank = Battleground??
Thanks Timo!

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Weird.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

austinjhnsn wrote:I wonder if some of the stuff on the cover represent the songs in some way? Tank = Battleground??
Could be true.. Though Battleground was about love, based on the lyrics we've heard so far and that tank seems to symbolize McDonald's, like Andy said..

Most of the themes in the cover seem to be about (western) culture. I can't say that I recognize everything, but having Miguel Angelo's 'The Creation of Adam' in there definitely makes it interesting.. I'm looking forward to hear Slash' take on it. I'm so glad it's not just 2 half-naked girls and a flashy background.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.