Atlanta 4/19

Tell the world about your concert experiences.
blackbird_66
Brand New Start

Atlanta 4/19

Post by blackbird_66 »

Venue:

The Tabernacle

Set List:

Addicted to Pain
Come to Life
Cry of Achilles
Brand New Start
Ghost of Days Gone By
Ties That Bind
Waters Rising
Isolation
Broken Wings
Farther Than the Sun
White Knuckles
Metalingus
One Day Remains
Blackbird
Open Your Eyes

Encore:
Dueling Guitar Solos – Mark and Myles
Rise Today
--------------------------------------------

This was my first time seeing AB in 3 years, last time being Chicago's HOB for the beginning of the ABIII touring cycle, where I met Mark, Flip, and Bmarsh...so my expectations were a little high lol. My girlfriend got me the tickets for a Christmas present for me to take a friend, but I was bound and determined to take her, so she could see why I'm such a passionate and die-hard AB fan! And AB did not disappoint! Every time I looked over at her she had her hands in the air and was bouncing around, and she even caught one of Flip's sticks at the end of the show! Unbelievable!

--------------------------------------------

Doors opened at 7, and we arrived about 5:30pm, drove by to see where The Tabernacle was and the line was maybe half a block long, so we went and booked the hotel, and came back about 45 minutes later and the line was 3 blocks long! Got inside and immediately went to the merchandise, great shirts for this tour! Snagged one and headed upstairs to the stage. One word.....BEAUTIFUL! Easily one of the coolest venues I have ever been to! And Myles noticed! Said it was the coolest in the states! And we got right up to the stage no problem. Good thing we did, because the place got packed out and you couldn't move!

The opening band Monster Truck blew me away! I was not expecting much from them, not having heard anything about them previously, but they were great! Very energetic guys and interacted with the crowd, passing the time quickly so we could get to AB taking the stage!

As expected AB opened with "Addicted to Pain", and you could instantly tell the energy was there! The crowd was overpowering Myles the entire show! I was very surprised/bummed that they played "Come to Life" next, I was hoping by now they would have retired that one from rotation in favor of a few "Fortress" songs.

A few highlights for me were "Isolation", Flip brought it hard during this one! I watched him and he beat the ever living shit out of those drums! "Waters Rising" was another. Mark on vocals is the best thing I've heard! He stepped up and delivered a punch to the gut, easily the best song of the night for me! "Blackbird" as always brings out the emotions, tears to the eyes, the whole nine..and Myles dedicated it to all of us, truly an unbelievable experience.

Only downsides for me was, no acoustic "WoY" or "Wonderful Life" and not enough Fortress songs. I thought this was the "Fortress Tour"? Seems they're still relying heavily on "ABIII" and "Blackbird" songs, when I thought "Fortress" was written to be a live album?

Overall couldn't be happier with the experience I had at the show, hands down the best AB show to date! I think that AB is finally starting to notice that they do have a good following here in the states! Myles even told us after we were belting out the lyrics to every song that they had never received that type of love from the states and they are truly thankful!

Can't wait to see them at Carolina Rebellion in 2 weeks and hope that AB will start touring the US more regularly!!

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Re: Atlanta 4/19

Post by AllC392Was »

I'll write my review here tonight

timusca
Bought The CDs

Post by timusca »

This show was amazing. Got to chill with the band afterwards and watch Mark play some wicked ping pong. All in all, just an amazing night.
"Whoa, this has wicked dueling guitar solos! It's like squeedly versus meedley over here!" - Strong Bad

blackbird_66
Brand New Start

Post by blackbird_66 »

timusca wrote:This show was amazing. Got to chill with the band afterwards and watch Mark play some wicked ping pong. All in all, just an amazing night.
guess that answers why they didn't come out by the buses after the show lol...we waited an hour and a half and finally gave up

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

They came out at 1am

Was an awesome show indeed.. Where did you stand?
Fortress and anacoustic WOY were on the set list but skipped due to Myles getting sick.
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

blackbird_66
Brand New Start

Post by blackbird_66 »

ahh damn it...we left at 12:15 :(

we were standing on the left side about 5 rows deep from Myles. I kind of figured he was getting sick, he kept going off the side of the stage and spraying his throat, he still belted it out though regardless..thats dedication right there!

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

posted some of the photos i took at this show on here and on facebook:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2255
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

blackbird_66
Brand New Start