Photos with Rockstars

Share pictures and media of our boys.
Tom
Jim's Brother

Photos with Rockstars

Post by Tom »

I THOUGHT, it'd be cool if people posted some photos of them with band members that you've met, explained their experience when meeting them, what it meant to them, what the show was like before hand etc..

DOESN'T have to be AB, can be any band you like! i'll go first..

Raine Maida: Our Lady Peace: Islington, London August 2nd 2012

I'd waited 11 years to see this band, it was one of the bands i grew up with that Jim would play every day, i had no choice but to listen to them, which i didnt mind, i love them. We went up to london to see them live at the Canada Day celebrations on Trafalgar Square, then we went to go see them at an O2 Academy venue the following day, spent about 10 hours queueing up to GUARENTEE we were at the very front, center stage, and we were. The support act were called 'Dead Wolf Club' and to this day they hold the record of the shittest support band i have EVER witnessed in my entire life. BUT the actual set from OLP was amazing, all the songs they played were amazing, i'd spent the day queueing listening to their newest album writing out the lyrics on my phone as i wanted to remember as many as possible, so yeah the set was amazing. After the show me and Jim did as we always do and went and hung around the back for abit to see if anybody came out, which they did (evidently) it was amazing to hang around with them, they were such cool guys. Jim was tweeting one of the members Jeremy throughout the day and he managed to put us on the Guest List for the next day out of nowhere?! me and Jim went fuckin mental and had to try and find a Travelodge last minute in north london at like 11.30pm at night, WE FOUND ONE, and then we got up nice and early the next day and queued for another 10 hours, had to sit through Dead Wolf Club again... which actually consisted of Me and Jim and one of his friends playing Angry Birds, listening to other music with my headphones in and playing iPhone Monopoly, so it wasn't as bad! OLP played a different setlist to the previous day which was awesome, we didn't miss out on any songs at all. Only downside to this weekend, was that when i went to withdraw money from one of the cashpoints, SOME BELLEND, cloned my card and stole nearly my entire savings over the course of 4 months which i had no idea about. So he'd stolen about £1000 off me, which i got back in the end thank god. But still, it was an amazing weekend.

Ok guys.. now it's your turn.
Last edited by Tom on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Re: Photo's with Rockstars

Post by Merinda »

Cool idea, Tom! Awesome story also.

Only one I have is with Myles (and BMarsh and Flip but I look shit so not going to post)
Not had the pleasure of meeting any other bands besides 3/4's of AB. Bloody Mark escaped before I got a pic. That's a lie actually. I met Satchel and Michael Starr from Steel Panther at the same gig but wasn't particularly into them at the time so didn't get a pic. Pissed I didn't now I'm more aware of who they are.

It was in 2011, waited for a few hours around the back of the venue in Sydney, they showed up, Myles knew who my other was coz he ran the MK Facebook page for a while so Myles said he'd get us into soundcheck. It was so nice of him. I was shaking terribly. I don't remember much of our conversation but I clearly remember Myles laughing with Alasdair at me because of how much my hands were trembling as I was trying to take pictures. He was very kind to me though and laughed and smiled but you can totally tell he's shy by nature. The other guys were real nice too. Brian is super, super nice!! He told me 'hey, it's ok, relax' when he saw me shaking. :)

Anywho, we did get into soundcheck and it was unreal, as was the gig. One of the very best days of my whole life.

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

Aw min that's awesome!

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

:D

how are you always in photos with famous people tho? Like seriously?

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

Like a Storm guys in a NYC subway station (showed them how to get to their train after the Tremonti gig in NYC.. lol)
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Haven't met any "rockstars" yet unfortunately :(

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

.. Shit, just realised that Tom's story negates that statement ^

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Forget i was here

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

hahaha

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

axlar wrote:Like a Storm guys in a NYC subway station (showed them how to get to their train after the Tremonti gig in NYC.. lol)
That looks like a story off the Humans of New York page :)
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

I've met a few people in rock bands but didn't get a picture with them but I'll use this one.

This is a picture of me when I met the band RED in February of last year in Nashville on their headlining tour. Me and about 4 of my friends went and were the first people to show up for the show with our VIP tickets so we were first in line. It was nice meeting the guys in RED. I talked to Anthony (their guitarist) about PRS guitars and such and Joe (their drummer) played a game of tick-tack-toe on one of my friend's arms which was hilarious that he actually did it. They were all nice guys. We were all on the front row and it was a great show. One of my friends got the set list from Thousand Foot Krutch who played right before them and one of my other friends got like 3 drum sticks from different bands.

I remember this show well because I passed out...it was kind of scary because that's never happened to me before. I think it was because I was standing for like 6 hours straight (in the same spot standing for 4 of those hours) and I didn't eat much lunch before we left right after school because I thought we were going to eat before we left but we didn't so I had gone a looong time without much food or any water. If it wasn't for the security rail that I was next to in front of me I would of been on the ground for sure. I probably should of gotten help and laid down but I didn't wanna leave my spot cause RED was about to start. I was ok until about halfway through their set and I started feeling uneasy again. So one of my friends ran and got me some water and I was fine until I made it home at like 1:00 in the morning. In retrospect, I should of probably gotten medical assistance but that's not very metal obviously! :headbang :lol

But besides that experience, it was a great show. Michael sang "Shadows" from the middle of the circle pit for the whole song which was awesome and he came down the rail right at the end of the last song in front of me and my friends and we gave him a hug because why not? But it was a great show.

TL;DR
It met the band RED and it was a good show and I enjoyed it.
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

that sounds cool man! respect for manning up and sticking to your spot on the rail and sticking for the whole set!

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Jaredr24 wrote:I've met a few people in rock bands but didn't get a picture with them but I'll use this one.

This is a picture of me when I met the band RED in February of last year in Nashville on their headlining tour. Me and about 4 of my friends went and were the first people to show up for the show with our VIP tickets so we were first in line. It was nice meeting the guys in RED. I talked to Anthony (their guitarist) about PRS guitars and such and Joe (their drummer) played a game of tick-tack-toe on one of my friend's arms which was hilarious that he actually did it. They were all nice guys. We were all on the front row and it was a great show. One of my friends got the set list from Thousand Foot Krutch who played right before them and one of my other friends got like 3 drum sticks from different bands.

I remember this show well because I passed out...it was kind of scary because that's never happened to me before. I think it was because I was standing for like 6 hours straight (in the same spot standing for 4 of those hours) and I didn't eat much lunch before we left right after school because I thought we were going to eat before we left but we didn't so I had gone a looong time without much food or any water. If it wasn't for the security rail that I was next to in front of me I would of been on the ground for sure. I probably should of gotten help and laid down but I didn't wanna leave my spot cause RED was about to start. I was ok until about halfway through their set and I started feeling uneasy again. So one of my friends ran and got me some water and I was fine until I made it home at like 1:00 in the morning. In retrospect, I should of probably gotten medical assistance but that's not very metal obviously! :headbang :lol

But besides that experience, it was a great show. Michael sang "Shadows" from the middle of the circle pit for the whole song which was awesome and he came down the rail right at the end of the last song in front of me and my friends and we gave him a hug because why not? But it was a great show.

TL;DR
It met the band RED and it was a good show and I enjoyed it.
I absolutely love Red! One of my favorites. Plus I want that shirt your wearing but it's out of stock

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I have met Wes Scantin from Puddle of Mudd. And I got my pcture taken with Rick DeJesus of Adelita's way about a year and a half ago. I'll have to look on my laptop for that one.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

^ that's cool as fuck, i'd love to meet Wes

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

It was pretty cool. He was just sitting there at the merch booth before the show, hanging out. My wife's friends got starstruck and did the OMG gasp. It was funny, he did it right back at her. I was wearing a master of puppets shirt. And he autographed my item and said "nobody messes with a guy in a Metallica shirt." I tried to play it cool, but I was struck too. I've just learned not to say anything, because inevitably, you start babbling.

He's a fellow Missourian (Kansas City area) I thought it was cool.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I've met some bands before, Shinedown, Skillet, Halestorm, and Stone Sour to name a few. My problem is that I usually end up meeting them in autograph lines that don't allow photography. I've got one pic of Corey Taylor and a couple of the Shinedown guys, but none with me in them haha. I'd love to get a pic with any of the AB guys though more than anyone else. Haven't even met those guys though.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I don't have photos of myself with them right now but here is a list of all the "rockstars" I have met..

Brad Arnold (3 Doors Down)
Chris Henderson (3 Doors Down)
Todd Harell (3 Doors Down)
Matt Roberts (3 Doors Down)
Greg Upchurch (3 Doors Down)
Chet Roberts (3 Doors Down)
Justin Biltonen (3 Doors Down)
Chad Kroeger (Nickelback)
Ryan Peake (Nickelback)
Mike Kroeger (Nickelback)
Daniel Adair (Nickelback)
Ryan Vikedal (Nickelback)
Myles Kennedy (Alter Bridge)
Mark Tremonti (Alter Bridge)
Scott Phillips (Alter Bridge)
Brian Marshall (Alter Bridge)
Slash
Brent Smith (Shinedown)
Barry Kerch (Shinedown)
Jasin Todd (Shinedown)
Brad Stewart (Shinedown)
Zach Myers (Shinedown)
Nick Perri (Shinedown/SilverTide)
Jacoby Shaddix (Papa Roach)
Brett Erickson (Breaking Point)
Tomo Milicevic (30 Seconds To Mars)
Jared Leto (30 Seconds To Mars)
Brent Fitz (Slash/ The Conspirators)
Todd Kerns (Slash/ The Conspirators)
Eric Friedman (Tremonti)
Wolfgang Van Halen (Tremonti)
Garrett Whitlock (Tremonti)
John Fred Young (Black Stone Cherry)
Chris Robertson (Black Stone Cherry)
Ben Wells (Black Stone Cherry)
Jon Lawhon (Black Stone Cherry)
Jonathan Davis (KoRN)
Raine Maida (Our Lady Peace)
Jeremy Taggart (Our Lady Peace)
Steve Mazur (Our Lady Peace)
Duncan Coutts (Our Lady Peace)
Lzzy Hale (Halestorm)
AreJay Hale (Halestorm)
Josh Smith (Halestorm)
Joe Hottinger (Halestorm)
Tyler Connolly (Theory Of A Deadman)
Dean Back (Theory Of A Deadman)
Dave Brenner (Theory Of A Deadman)
Tim Hart (Theory Of A Deadman)
Shaun Morgan (Seether)
Dale Stewart (Seether)
John Humphrey (Seether)
Matt Heafy (Trivium)
Sid Glover (Heavens Basement)
Chris Rivers (Heavens Basement)
Aaron Buchanon (Heavens Basement)
Rob Ellershaw (Heavens Basement)
Austin Winkler (Hinder)
Cody Hanson (Hinder)
Joe Garvey (Hinder)
Michael Poulson (Volbeat)
Rob Caggiano (Volbeat)

Think there's more... But I forget

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Photos withes Rockstar's

Post by zazthespaz »

You met me Jim. I party like a rock star...

Can we please take the apostrophe out of the title? Driving me crazy.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says