ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

Post by BSC »

I've just looked at some of Dan's comments on people's posts on the box set Facebook page. Fucking hell, someone needs to send this guy on a course on how to act like a professional.

Hey Guys! Relax! No one said it was "not" going to be in it. We just had a n overwhelming amount of requests to add additional footage in of the new tour and a lot of people told us that they dont want the 3D. That's why we asked! No reason to bitch and complain! No one was doing a thing without asking you guys!!

Graham- the 3D is coming out no matter what- whether it is in a box set or a stand alone. I'll send you my own personal copy so you have one before anybody else- OK? I appreciate your enthusiasm, but no need to get yourself worked up- everything is coming out here- just working on which package!

If people are dropping $200 on his product people have a right to be spoken to in a professional manner, and people are going to be pissed if he starts shuffling things around!

Therefromthestart04
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Therefromthestart04 »

I was the person that [Graham] Many thanks for your support AB brother:)
The point for me was that i was sold the box set with the 3D blu ray being included and it seems that now it might be a stand alone prouduct which if you have a 3D tv is a little annoying i should not have to buy it seperatly yet the vinyl is still in and how many of us have vinyl decks ? I will wait until this prouduct arrives before i comment further but if something is advertised as being in the box it should stay, do we all need the cd albums again ? Like all of you we have just paid out for concerts,travel hotels tour merchandise and i gladly [struggled] to purchase the box set but i signed up for what was advertised.
but again thanks to BSC for backing me up :).

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Those that have bought the box set have paid the $200 on the basis that what was stated in the description at the time of purchase will be included in that box. It's great if Dan wants to include extra content, but he should not remove content already said to be in the box in place of newer content. Fair enough, you can't please everybody, but in this case 'everybody' are those that paid a substantial amount of money or this box. They should get what they bought, otherwise you may have a claim under contract law for misrepresentation (although it would be an extremely weak case).

All this stuff should have been sorted out before Dan starting taking full payments for the box set, it's ridiculous. If it was based on a deposit scheme then it would be a bit more understandable.

Also, about the vinyl, I think more people own vinyl players then you might think. I for one, own a vinyl player, and I love the format. However, I don't expect the vinyl to sound that good, I doubt they would have been given the attention they need for the best sound quality, and to be frank, the Amsterdam and Wembley CDs don't sound very good right from the start.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

This really sucks and does demote dc3 as very unprofessional. Who the hell can not understand that i/we paid two hundred (!) euros for the product as it was listed at the time of the sale ? Add something is OK, replacing something you basically already paid for is out of the question. If you would buy and prepay a mercedes benz with this guys, they will deliver a Bmw ?

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I know it seems unprofessional, but it isn't the end of the world. It's one disc, and not all people have 3D tv's, I know I don't, so in reality, it's actually an added bonus. ^This is nothing like replacing a Mercedes with a BMW, it's more like taking leather seats in a Mercedes, and replacing it with different fabric seats...
Thanks Timo!

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Everybodys opinion should be respected in this, but the fact still is i will be receiving something different than was advertised, and that's just not the correct way to do business as a seller. I agree this is not the end of the world, i will buy the loose 3d anyway. On the other hand my question. : Is it the end of the world to just add the extra dvd in stead of replacing an already paid-for item ? Sorry, this just not feels right. !

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

That is true. I feel like a larger announcement should have been made. But it isn't a big issue for me. I understand your frustration! :)
Thanks Timo!

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Dan addressed why they couldn't just throw in another DVD, it's a cost issue on their end. The greenfield show is something a lot of people have been asking about on Facebook and they originally couldn't get it because the masters of it were lost. They may have found someone with a high quality version they could use as well as throwing in some more footage of this tour. I think it was fine of him to Ask what the people would prefer and that is what he did. As far as I can tell no final decision has been made one way or the other. Honestly all he wanted was to see what people prefer, what people more or less consider the better deal. Personally I rather the DVD version of Wembley be pulled for the other content. Also I believe he told the guy he would send him his own personal copy of the 3d Wembley should they not include it.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Guys. What's so special about that Greenfield show?
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

GazEd wrote:Guys. What's so special about that Greenfield show?
All I can remember about that show, based on the proshot, was that it was an extremely warm day, Myles was extremely sweating and looked more awkward than usual during that era, and that Mark played an awesome solo before they played Down to My Last. Oh, also, they played Highway Star.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

:yeahthat It was a great show, but personally, I don't find it DVD worthy.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

When was it?

If it's early footage, I am all in.
I saw lation

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

GazEd wrote:When was it?

If it's early footage, I am all in.
It's 2005, I believe. It's about 40 something min. long.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

The Greenfield show is more or less on youtube. I think because it's short and online is why it's paired with new tour footage.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Aha. I am not that into youtubing stuff, so 2005 sounds really good to me!
I saw lation

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

I still feel voting for majority to leave things out or add something is or should be a pre-sale-issue and should not come up after a lot of people paid for this. By the way, if this only-40 minute show is really the subject for replacing the 3D footage, can't it be added to one of the other shorter dvd's ? we're not even sure this is all really about this show, do we ? Still believe people should receive what they paid for ! Don't think anybody can raise any solid argument against that.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

I think the argument against it is how likely are you ever going to see a stand alone release of the greenfield show versus a stand alone of 3d wembley? MY personally I want want both as would prefer one of the other dvds that are stand alone to be left out as I already have those.

Therefromthestart04
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Therefromthestart04 »

Really great to see im not alone in thinking this is a a stupid situation. all the people saying exclude the 3d blu ray are obvlously those without 3d tv which i agree is expensive but that is some thing that had never been released before do we all really need the albums again or wembley/amsterdam on vinyl which for most will never be used as most havent the equipment to play them. This whole project has been a make it up as you go along venture from the start. I like many others bought this item because i really wanted the 3D disc if they need to exclude something [which is wrong in its self] This Wembley 3D disc has been promised for so long and we should not be asked to pay for it seperatly when we have PAID IN FULL and been told its in the box. Never heard anything anything like this,i will wait until this thing comes out before commenting but far from impressed so far what with countdown website and fuzzy details and now its not WHATS IN THE BOX its Whats not going to be in the box!!. :slam :S

Helldevil
Bought The CDs

Post by Helldevil »

Another thing is in my opinio why they cannot add an extra cd is that the "book" for the cds/dvds has just a certain amount of spots so another disk is not possible if there is not more space

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

You just can not leave anything out that has been sold & paid for ! If it's so easy to sell the 3D-concert separately, than it would also be easy to sell any other concert dvd (that has not been included in the presale info for the box) separately, and than you would not fool anybody who already paid hard earned dollars or euros for something they though they were gonna buy. It's really that simple !