North America meet and greet packages

Make concert plans with your fellow TABN citizens here.
ArniesArmy13
Brand New Start

North America meet and greet packages

Post by ArniesArmy13 »

Hey guys

I purchased the VIP meet and greet last year when Alter Bridge played at the pain in the grass fest up here in Seattle. The package was a little disappointing (AB should have been headlining.. although it was nice to see Myles and Mark guest appearance with Disturbed) .. Got some cool merch, but the "meet and greet" portion was ONLY a photo-op.. No chance to talk or meet the band =[.
-I've got tickets in row AA at the Moore theater for when they come back to Seattle Feb. 22nd. Was hoping to hear some feedback on whether or not people have been satisfied with their purchase of the 2017 meet and greet packages so far? I'd really like a chance to actually meet Myles, Brian, Mark and Scott!

Thank you!

axlar
Site Admin

Re: North America meet and greet packages

Post by axlar »

You took a photo with them without meeting them?! How did you manage that? In front of a green screen?!
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

you can't really compare your m&g and the headline m&g. I've done m&g at both headline shows (not yet on this tour as they haven't come through yet, but from what I've heard it sounds the same as what I've done before) and the Disturbed/BB tour (support show. sounds similar to what you had). they were very different. headline m&g are soundcheck, photo and signing (once through line for photo standing in front of a backdrop then the guys sit and go through again for the signing. also preshow merch shopping and early entry). for Disturbed/BB, it was just the photo op. the guys were able to hang for a few minutes after the photos, but not guaranteed as part of the deal. if you bought it through AB I'm kind of surprised they were even able to offer it. it seems like festivals have their own m&g's that aren't usually an extra charge (even one day radio fests. I know when my now defunct local FM rock station had a festival 5yrs ago, they had free m&g's with some of the bands. bands sat behind a table, and I think you weren't supposed to take pics for time purposes). I do kind of second Stijn's question, though. even with just the photo op last summer, was still able to say hi. if your expectation is that you're going to be able to have much of a conversation with them at a m&g, then you're going to be disappointed.

tzAB
Brand New Start

Post by tzAB »

Yeah, I wouldn't expect a full on conversation. I was in line for general admission and the M&G people weren't in for very long. I heard the soundcheck from outside and the people started filing out shortly with signed merch and then had to get in a separate line for early entry. After the shows you may get a little lucky and chatting with the guys when I met them Flip and Brian talked to us for a good 10-15 mins, but we were a crowd of only 5-10 people so I'm sure that helps too.

ArniesArmy13
Brand New Start

Post by ArniesArmy13 »

axlar wrote:You took a photo with them without meeting them?! How did you manage that? In front of a green screen?!
Haha! I got to shake hands with Myles and Brian! Really, just looking for an opportunity to ask a few questions and say more than hello. :cheers

ArniesArmy13
Brand New Start

Post by ArniesArmy13 »

uctalum01 wrote:you can't really compare your m&g and the headline m&g. I've done m&g at both headline shows (not yet on this tour as they haven't come through yet, but from what I've heard it sounds the same as what I've done before) and the Disturbed/BB tour (support show. sounds similar to what you had). they were very different. headline m&g are soundcheck, photo and signing (once through line for photo standing in front of a backdrop then the guys sit and go through again for the signing. also preshow merch shopping and early entry). for Disturbed/BB, it was just the photo op. the guys were able to hang for a few minutes after the photos, but not guaranteed as part of the deal. if you bought it through AB I'm kind of surprised they were even able to offer it. it seems like festivals have their own m&g's that aren't usually an extra charge (even one day radio fests. I know when my now defunct local FM rock station had a festival 5yrs ago, they had free m&g's with some of the bands. bands sat behind a table, and I think you weren't supposed to take pics for time purposes). I do kind of second Stijn's question, though. even with just the photo op last summer, was still able to say hi. if your expectation is that you're going to be able to have much of a conversation with them at a m&g, then you're going to be disappointed.

Cool! Thanks for the feedback. Yeah the M&G for the festival was purchased through AB. The photo-op just felt really rushed! Again, thanks for the feedback!

mycarhasabs
Brand New Start

Post by mycarhasabs »

Like some have said, I think M&G deals vary. I saw Tremonti and his solo band in MD about a year ago and they were co-headlining with Trivium. If you purchased merch before the show you were given a ticket to meet and get autographs.. But, no photos. I completely understand that. The band has limited time before they have to give attention to the next band and photos would just slow everything down. I was pleased I was able to shake hands with everyone and just a simple "thank you, I greatly appreciate this".

However, my wife was super sly and caught a photo of Mark signing my ticket. =D