AB IV Writing/Recording Sessions

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: AB IV Writing/Recording Sessions

Post by anguyen92 »

ALL I WAS wrote:The reason for the 2013 tour will be to promote the new album so yes it will be out by then. would be good if they could headline Download next year in UK or tour next summer with Sevendust and Eye Empire
Any news on box set yet anyone ?.
Yeah, as much as a big shot in the arm that would be, I don't see that happen. If there is a band that started in '95 or before with huge mainstream success, that has interest in playing Download, they are getting that headlining bill. However, it is still a great boost if AB headline the 2nd stage and/or get a 75 min. set if they are asked to play.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I doubt they would headline Download. But they won't be that far behind that. Maybe Open for the headlining band which is still a great honor

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

In one of this major festival (Download or Pinkpop) they didnt play in the main stage last time, right? I hope next year would be different.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Roneit wrote:In one of this major festival (Download or Pinkpop) they didnt play in the main stage last time, right? I hope next year would be different.
They did not. For Download, they got probably 45-50 min and 3rd billing from the main stage before The Darkness and Def Leppard. Pinkpop, they had an hour and was the headliner of the 2nd stage while Coldplay was the headliner of main stage that day (man, I think most fans would mark out, badly if they could see 1hr. of AB and 2hr. of Foo Fighters on the same day though).

So, if they are playing next year, I'm sure they are going to get better spots, depending on the outcome of the album, of course. Maybe, they may headline Pinkpop, who knows?

As for the main topic, so what is there to be left to record? Solos and the rest of Myles' vocals?

Decay

Post by Decay »

From Brian: Tracking song #10 today.

He wrote on Sunday that he'll be finishing his tracking this week.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

anguyen92 wrote:As for the main topic, so what is there to be left to record? Solos and the rest of Myles' vocals?
Bit of bass, guitar leads, rest of the lead vocals, backing vocals.

SYNTHS.

Oh for a whiteboard...
For all of the hope that it brings...

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I wonder what they are going to to for half of August and all of September. I suppose Tremonti will go out on a little mini tour I presume. I wouldn't mind seeing AB go out and play before the big Arena Tour

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

I'm hoping they'll do a radio tour like they use to when they would play songs acoustically.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Via Elvis: "El Mucho" came to the studio today to lay down some thunder and brought some more in tow:) laying the last bass tracks with Brian Marshall today on the new Alter Bridge

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

Jhenrid wrote:I'm hoping they'll do a radio tour like they use to when they would play songs acoustically.
They probably won't bother or have time to. But yes, I'd love to see that too.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

We have no idea as to their Alter Bridge schedule in the future. They could very well do something like that

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Id'e love to see some music videos from AB. Stuff Like Open Your Eyes and Broken Wings were awesome.

Not a big fan of the music videos that just show the guys playing live at venues.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

I don't even care about music videos these days...I'd kill for them to actually release more than 1 or 2 singles, as well as actually have them promoted so that they may actually get some radio play.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

AB3 had 4 singles I thought? Isolation,Ghosts,I know it Hurts, and Wonderful LIfe

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Cthree922012 wrote:AB3 had 4 singles I thought? Isolation,Ghosts,I know it Hurts, and Wonderful LIfe
The thing is that most of those were the singles in Europe and Australia, I think. The only US singles were Isolation and Ghosts, I believe. So I guess a goal, for this album cycle, is to get the ball rolling pretty quick in terms of promotion in the states.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Isolation was huge, Ghost did okay but not as good, I heard it on the radio a fair bit though. I Know It Hurts was a waste of a single not being worldwide. They butchered the Wonderful Life release when the "new video concept" for the music video never happened.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I think Still Remains should have been the single instead of I know it Hurts.

Still Remains is a tad for commercial and rock radio friendly

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Like if I was driving around town with the radio blaring I would rather put the volume up when that riff pops up for still remains instead of the slow breakdown for I know it hurts

AustinH22
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by AustinH22 »

this fan wants music videos that are memorable

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I always wanted to see Slip as a single, but that's a tough one. You can't really have that 1:30 intro play on radio and keep people's attention, but I hate cutting songs shorter. The 4-ish minutes of the song post intro would've had killer success though.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.