AB IV Writing/Recording Sessions

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: AB IV Writing/Recording Sessions

Post by AB4Lyfe »

gbruin wrote:We'll Let You Know Soon is a strange choice for an album title.
You know, you may be on to something. Isn't that one of the main themes when it comes to Alter Bridge?

Decay

Post by Decay »

AB4Lyfe wrote:
gbruin wrote:We'll Let You Know Soon is a strange choice for an album title.
You know, you may be on to something. Isn't that one of the main themes when it comes to Alter Bridge?
Hellz yeah. It's AB's motto. We'll Let You Know Soon But You Know You Ain't Getting Shit :lol

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

This may be the first album since ODR that we don't have a sneak peek to a single song (that we know of).

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

not yet. still pretty early.

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

Hope they haven't gone with 'Ritual'. Don't like it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I can't really see that encapsulating the album like One Day Remains and Blackbird did, so I doubt it'll be that. Unless it's some concept album about how they became satanists.
For all of the hope that it brings...

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

youknowverywell wrote:From Mark: We have finally decided on an album title, we'll let you know soon!
Here's to hoping Mark's "soon" is not DC3's "soon" :cheers

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Better chance we hear the first single before we hear anything from DC3

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

MidnightToker wrote:
youknowverywell wrote:From Mark: We have finally decided on an album title, we'll let you know soon!
Here's to hoping Mark's "soon" is not DC3's "soon" :cheers
Ah damn it I just made the same joke in another topic. Great minds and all. =)

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

[quote]From Brian: "ALTER BRIDGE Album title has been decided. Doh! Can't give it away quite yet.."
[/quote][/b]

Hopefully it won't be long until more announcements. Does anyone know if the album is being mixed yet and who's doing it? They haven't said anything about that yet.
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

Unless it's some concept album about how they became satanists.
I doubt they'd do two concept albums in a row but you never know.

I wonder what sort of themes will be on the new record. Hopefully it's not all doom and gloom.

youknowverywell
White Knuckled

Post by youknowverywell »

DonHarry wrote:I wonder what sort of themes will be on the new record. Hopefully it's not all doom and gloom.
I think with the recent success of both Mark and Myles, combined with the term "high-energy," we're going to see some positivity on this album. Probably lyrics around the lines of working hard to achieve your dreams, not letting go of goals that you've set for yourself, the thrill of accomplishment, camaraderie, finding your own sense of self-worth, stuff like that. "High-energy" wasn't used when people were describing ABIII but I do remember hearing "dark" a lot, which makes sense now that we've all heard that album. When I think of "high-energy" I think One Day Remains, Metalingus, Rise Today, We Don't Care At All, Coeur D'Alene. Hopefully we'll have a lot of those on the album but I do want one or two darker songs to keep everything balanced and to give the record a flow and a story.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

DonHarry wrote: I doubt they'd do two concept albums in a row but you never know.
Yeah as do I. The only reason it's been mentioned really is because it's the only title we know, and that it's long. Doesn't seem likely to me at all.
I wonder what sort of themes will be on the new record. Hopefully it's not all doom and gloom.
Depends on Myles' mood I spose, but he's been having a pretty good last few years to put it mildly. I'd like a mix though, he's a very honest writer and does both sides of the story well.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

Ubik wrote:
DonHarry wrote: I doubt they'd do two concept albums in a row but you never know.
Yeah as do I. The only reason it's been mentioned really is because it's the only title we know, and that it's long. Doesn't seem likely to me at all.
Depends on Myles' mood I spose, but he's been having a pretty good last few years to put it mildly. I'd like a mix though, he's a very honest writer and does both sides of the story well.
Hopefully it will be a good mix of both. Considering Mark said it was more of a "high energy" album I think there might be a few more positive songs than darker songs. I think the song "Ritual" that Mark was talking about that's over 7 minutes long will probably be darker judging by the name (if they keep that name for it)...might sound something like WDTTW or "Show Me a Sign". When they release the album name/song names we will probably be able to make better judgments but it's still waaay too early to tell.
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

Sunrunner1
Bought The CDs

Post by Sunrunner1 »

It might be cool if they actually came with a title that incorporates the band name in some way.
Perhaps Alter Bridge: No Alternative
Destination Unknown...
We're Lost, But Not Alone

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

Sunrunner1 wrote:It might be cool if they actually came with a title that incorporates the band name in some way.
Perhaps Alter Bridge: No Alternative
that would be corny.
PHOTOSHOPPING IS FOR SCHMUCKS

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I kinda wish they would bring the actual bridge theme back. After AB III, I'd like to hear a cooler title for this one, but in the future I wouldn't mind seeing a self-titled album where the artwork expands upon the ODR bridge idea.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Paddy35
Brand New Start

Post by Paddy35 »

How do you know that one song will be called "Ritual"? I didn't find it on the net! But it sound cool! :D
"We all fall sometimes you're not the first, but I know it hurts, yeah I know it hurts. In the end you'll find what you deserve. Still I konw it hurts, yeah I know ith hurts."

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

I think it was seen on the whiteboard, although it could just be a working title. The only confirmed song title we have at this point is 'Monster'....

Decay

Post by Decay »

Paddy35 wrote:How do you know that one song will be called "Ritual"? I didn't find it on the net! But it sound cool! :D
Ritual is just the working title.
DonHarry wrote:I think it was seen on the whiteboard, although it could just be a working title. The only confirmed song title we have at this point is 'Monster'....
Yeah, that, Fury Of Achilles and Wingless Chicken too. :lol