AB IV Writing/Recording Sessions

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: AB IV Writing/Recording Sessions

Post by Vaux »

Seeing how Myles has his own PRS coming out, (supposedly) I don't think he will be switching to gibsons any time soon.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Vaux wrote:Seeing how Myles has his own PRS coming out, (supposedly) I don't think he will be switching to gibsons any time soon.
Don't worry, nobody was implying that ;)

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Cthree922012 wrote:
Jim wrote:Good to see Myles jamming the PRS in the studio and Slash hasn't turned him
Don't think he has turned him either but If Myles had to choose from AB or Slash I would have no clue which he would choose...
Id like to think AB
I would love to think AB too, man. I do not see AB coming to an end and if in the event it would come to an end, it will not be because of other projects and/or record label issues. It will be the fact, simply, that Myles, Mark, Brian, and Flip just does not want to play music with each other anymore (and I think they still do want to play music with each other, hence this whole next album writing process).

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

yeah I agree with you ^ I think when AB is all set in done with will be because of age. But... to play devils advocate Myles is making way more money with Slash and playing in front of tens of thousands of ppl a night and working with the best producers in the world. Mark and Myles both have stated that they don't take themselves (AB) seriously.

I think IF Myles went up to Mark and said his heart isn't 100% into AB, Mark would recommend Myles to leave because Mark is sick of dealing with Singers who don't put all the effort into it.

I know I'm always bringing it up But I absolutely hate Myles with Slash just because I know Slash is always gonna try and put out a record every 2 years and tour as much as possible. For example AB should be touring in May and July. Not slash

People won't admit it but Slash is taking time away from AB... Why aren't AB doing some touring in May and July while taking a break from recording????? BECAUSE SLASH OWNS EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

sorry for my little rant ^ lol had to say it

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

And what may I ask is wrong with Gibsons? My all time favorite guitarist played Les Pauls and Thunderbirds all the time. Great tone. Not trying to start something, just want your opinion.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I'm happy to admit I'd like Myles to return to Alter Bridge full time

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Cthree922012 wrote:.
I know I'm always bringing it up But I absolutely hate Myles with Slash just because I know Slash is always gonna try and put out a record every 2 years and tour as much as possible. For example AB should be touring in May and July. Not slash

People won't admit it but Slash is taking time away from AB... Why aren't AB doing some touring in May and July while taking a break from recording????? BECAUSE SLASH OWNS EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING.
In all fairness and honesty, I agree with this post. During this Apocalyptic Love tour, they all traveled everywhere. All of Europe (including not really huge hotspot areas like Poland and Russia), Australia, going to do Asia soon, and all of the Americas (including Canada).

As much as I really like their shows from the live videos and everything, I just wished AB would have their shot of doing these kinds of things that Slash and the Conspirators are doing. Though AB is showing ways and intentions to break new ground and tour in places that they haven't done before.

In all fairness and honesty, and you can take this as a selfish opinion or whatever, I just want to AB be around all long as they need to be and tour this album for as long as they wish to and, that if they need a break and do other projects, then so be it. I just want the reason for doing the other projects is because they want to take a break from AB and not the reason of that the other band members are trying to push that envelope of putting these projects over AB.

AB had a really great thing in all fronts by end of 2008 and, somehow, the flow, of how things should be, did not feel right since then.

I, too, am sorry for this rant, that is just how I feel about certain things.
Jim wrote:I'm happy to admit I'd like Myles to return to Alter Bridge full time
I agree. Or just release his solo album.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

glad I'm not alone on this one. Again I'm proud of Myles and what he has accomplished, but why is it that AB is show huge in Europe and not anywhere else? I think if they did extensive touring in the states or another country then you could see the fan base growing (South America wants them there so badly).

I don't want to bring up another rant but Live at Amsterdam and Live at Wembley has just a different feeling and energy. Amsterdam was so damn good with bringing New Way to live and Traveling Riverside into the setlist. Myles sounded great and was so energetic, and most of all had fun.

Wembley things just didn't feel the same. Thats my personal thought but AB really hasn't been the same since 2008. After seeing Wembley I would actually prefer them playing in smaller venues just so theres more of an intimate, good fun feeling

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Cthree922012 wrote:I don't want to bring up another rant but Live at Amsterdam and Live at Wembley has just a different feeling and energy. Amsterdam was so damn good with bringing New Way to live and Traveling Riverside into the setlist. Myles sounded great and was so energetic, and most of all had fun.
Rumor has it that he seemed so energetic and live because he was drinking that happy juice :) but I see and understand your point.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

timo said myles was drunk af

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

I think a lot of people forget that there was a time before Slash and AB did a lot of touring. They're aren't big in the US because of the stigma from Creed. Now the rest of the world is a bit of a catch 22, they have to have enough fans in each part to be able to afford touring the area. I think that part is where Myles being with Slash has helped, more awareness of the fanbases around the world.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Mark recorded MOP and HC with a Gibson. Those records sound great. It' be nice to hear what influence a Gibson might have on an AB record.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I just want him to start using the Twin for cleans again.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

Andy92 wrote:I just want him to start using the Twin for cleans again.
Amem!

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

AB dont take themselves seriously? When they sell out arenas in UK and Europe look dude. They might be seen as nothing in USA but here they are big
Cthree922012 wrote:yeah I agree with you ^ I think when AB is all set in done with will be because of age. But... to play devils advocate Myles is making way more money with Slash and playing in front of tens of thousands of ppl a night and working with the best producers in the world. Mark and Myles both have stated that they don't take themselves (AB) seriously.

I think IF Myles went up to Mark and said his heart isn't 100% into AB, Mark would recommend Myles to leave because Mark is sick of dealing with Singers who don't put all the effort into it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Marcos wrote:
Andy92 wrote:I just want him to start using the Twin for cleans again.
Amem!
Thirded

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

SoYourAfraid_SDMF wrote:AB dont take themselves seriously? When they sell out arenas in UK and Europe look dude. They might be seen as nothing in USA but here they are big
Cthree922012 wrote:yeah I agree with you ^ I think when AB is all set in done with will be because of age. But... to play devils advocate Myles is making way more money with Slash and playing in front of tens of thousands of ppl a night and working with the best producers in the world. Mark and Myles both have stated that they don't take themselves (AB) seriously.

I know I said that..Dude. I'm trying to say that they are huge in Europe and not really anyplace else because they keep touring in the same spots and not really expanding and they aren't having the opportunities because they don't have enough time
and they said in an interview that they don't take themselves that seriously

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Myles:
Preproduction wrapped up yesterday for the 4th Alter Bridge album. Recording begins very soon:)

willy5150
TABN.com Citizen

Post by willy5150 »

From Myles..Preproduction wrapped up yesterday for the 4th Alter Bridge album. Recording begins very soon:)