Slash and AB's 2013 schedule

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
mastermyx
Bought The CDs

Re: Slash and AB's 2013 schedule

Post by mastermyx »

JaredWard wrote:Meanwhile... Stapp is somewhere furious with jealously.
Then he needs to get a decent band together and get some new stuff out! His voice is back close to top notch now, and there has to be other musicians that are looking to do some touring.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Hopefully Stapp can get some solo stuff going again soon. He needs out of Windup though. That seems to be what's holding most of his music endeavors back whether it's Creed or solo.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

Slash wrote:2013 has started out brilliantly. A lot of cool stuff in the works. But really looking forward to Dubai & Euro. & Asia in May. iiii]; )'.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I wouldn't want Stapp to start another band. 1. Mostly because he has bad taste in musicians & or 2. the great ones don't want to work with him lol I don't think he would ever do that unless it was a supergroup of some kind. He could always sing for The Doors if they ever toured again.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

I wonder what Stapp and Myles talked when they meet.
When Creed got together, they even didnt say the name of each other.

Whenever someone ask Stapp about Myles, he just refer AB as "a nice side project that the guys have". And Myles just said stuff like, "the other singer and Creed".

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Roneit wrote:I wonder what Stapp and Myles talked when they meet.
When Creed got together, they even didnt say the name of each other.

Whenever someone ask Stapp about Myles, he just refer AB as "a nice side project that the guys have". And Myles just said stuff like, "the other singer and Creed".
This is always something I've been interested in. In that picture they have together when Slash & Creed played the same festival, they are on opposite sides of the photo (if I remember correctly). It's always seemed very strange, like they're upset about it.

I was just looking at a Guitar One article from August 2005 called "The Dirt" where the members of AB talk as openly as I've heard them talk about troubles with Stapp. Myles obviously stays out of it most of the time, but his comments are interesting. Here they are:

"When I came into it and saw how things worked, from song to song... the
best analogy I can use is The Wizard of Oz, where there was this figurehead,
so to speak, that everyone thought was Creed, but really, there was someone
else behind the curtain, pushing all the buttons. And it wasn't just Mark - it was
these other guys as well. I've never been a part of a band where, creatively,
there was something as unique and as special as these three guys being in a
room together. Their intuition is just so right."

Here is one of the only times I've seen him mention Stapp by name:

"I just wish people would stop trying to choose sides. If you like Alter
Bridge, great, we want you to be part of the family. But don't turn it into some
silly war' it's music, not sports. We're never gonna have the Super Bowl of
Scott Stapp vs. Myles Kennedy in a sing-off - it's ridiculous."

And one more:

"You know, just from my perspective, these guys were quiet about all of
this until the other side came out and basically said things that weren't true.
The band's not getting back together; they don't still talk all the time. These guys
just want to lay it out there so the public will understand that they didn't just kick
this guy out of the band, and that they're not just a bunch of jerks."

Those are all very subtle jabs at Stapp from Myles in that interview. There is definitely an animosity between those two.

The article I've quoted can be found in the archives here -- http://thealterbridgenation.com/forumsa ... 74&start=0 . It's a really interesting read now, looking back. Especially the part at the end when Mark says he hopes to be touring less in 10 years. Haha. They're currently working harder than ever with all these different projects.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

I just think Myles doesn't give a shit about Stapp ... and I mean that in a nice way.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

julio wrote:I just think Myles doesn't give a shit about Stapp ... and I mean that in a nice way.
True, and that's healthy -- no reason to constantly be angry about someone that never really did anything to you.

I think that Wizard of Oz/figurehead comment that I posted above is the closest you'll ever get to Myles talking shit about Stapp. Although I'd love to be a fly on the wall when these guys talk about this stuff off-the-record. I bet the gloves come off

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

I totally forgot about those, MidnightToker. Very interesting reads, especially 7+ years later.

My guess is that Stapp harbors significant animosity towards Myles for "stealing his band", but probably moreso towards the other guys for ditching Creed to begin with. I'm thinking that Myles probably has nothing against Stapp in particular, but he actively avoids meeting him, knowing the tension that accompanies all that animosity. All of these feelings are normal and expected... I don't blame anyone for feeling how they do.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

im sorry... but despite what some people say, stapp comes across as a gigantic dick... especially after that alter bridge fan twitter debacle. the dude is so incredibly jealous that its funny.

its weird because myles is just honestly the nicest guy in the freakin industry. for myles to "talk shit" if you wanna call it that, shows that through something that the fans havent seen yet, stapp has done something to upset myles more than a quote here or there... or hes just backing up his fellow bandmates.

i hate talking about stapp. good voice. worse than myles, but good in a distinguishable way. but if you wanna talk about the man himself, there are hardly any nice things to say about him.

but about that schedule...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

"MK: What's that line from Singles? We're huge in...

MT: Belgium.

MK: Yeah, we're huge in Belgium, man! "

:D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

One thing I hate about AB's and Creed's fanbases is that there is always a desire to think there's some kind of hatred between Scott and Myles. Other than a seven year old interview there's no strong evidence towards some kind of grudge between Scott and Myles. And, if you think about how much has changed over these seven years, the validity of that interview goes out of the window. I think the fans just like to create their own little drama in their heads.

Even if Scott and Myles became best friends forever, the fans wouldn't be satisfied, people would still be trying to find an excuse for there being drama between them. They're just two humans, I don't see why their behaviour is analysed so in-depth to indicate a grudge. You don't look at your friend's photos on Facebook and go "Oh, my friend is X is on the opposite side of Y, they must really hate eachother!" You don't say "Oh, X said something about Y behind his back, he must hate him!" There's been a time for all of us when we've said things in the past about our friends, but that doesn't mean we resent them now does it? Or that we still mean what we said all those years ago?

I don't even see why we're discussing Scott here, Alter Bridge are making a new album, you're getting what you want, be happy.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

Well, I dont think they have any kind of relation at all. And I dont think they should either. I think Stapp already accept AB and knows it is better to him let the guys have AB and Creed in opposite to fight against. And Stapp probably knows that Myles is no threat, in the sense of trying to end Creed. So, I think they are cool.

But, my question was, and I was just wondering, what do they talk when they meet?
Probably nothing. Just, "Hey man", "Hey, dude, everything all right?", "Yeah, and you?", "Same".

BloodRedHalo
Bought The CDs

Post by BloodRedHalo »

Slash will probably spend some of 2013 working on new ideas for a follow up to Apocalyptic Love (fingers crossed for an early 2014 release), & his Nothing To Fear film that's supposed to be coming out this year..
New Alter Bridge album hopefully might drop July/August 2013 and touring in support of the new album from September through to Christmas,

philgeorge1
Brand New Start

Post by philgeorge1 »

BloodRedHalo wrote:Slash will probably spend some of 2013 working on new ideas for a follow up to Apocalyptic Love (fingers crossed for an early 2014 release), & his Nothing To Fear film that's supposed to be coming out this year..
New Alter Bridge album hopefully might drop July/August 2013 and touring in support of the new album from September through to Christmas,
Have to say I would prefer to see 2014 for AB as well, 6 months of new album and tour doesn't seem enough to me!

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Happy to avoid Creed/Stapp talk in an AB/Slash thread, if possible

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

No need to bring Stapp's name to a topic that's a completely different conversation.

If he's jealous or not, it's not our business. We ask the fans to get over it.

Let's focus on AB and the exciting new album they're writing!

gonzo67
Brand New Start

Post by gonzo67 »

For me, I look at it like this, I like a great steak(Rock) and I can eat at Morton's, Ruth Chris, ect and not have to hate one over the other or in the case of Tremonti and Slash, can even eat at Del Frisco's/The Chop House ect.. and be happy either way. Shoot, I can pick up great steaks at Costco or the local butcher, it doesn't matter - good beef is good beef.

Looking forward to a great steak here in Scottsdale on March 3rd after the Nascar race that day - Tremonti!

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Exactly. We're very lucky to be offered great shows by Slash & Myles (Morton's) and Alter Bridge (Ruth's Chris). Both are awesome. Since we've been eating at Morton's for most of last year, I'd really like to eat at Ruth's Chris sometime this year.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

I dont remember where I read that maybe Slash and Myles will be back in South America this year again. Man, that will be sweet! I really hope that is true.

And I hope that they put Rise Today again in the set. Or any other AB song. It will be my chance to see Myles singing a AB song live. I know they wont, but let me dream a little.

What I reeeeally want it is to see AB live in my country. But that's not going to happen. Damn it.